Cards have put in calls to Marcus Robinson's agent

FrontRow

Binge Drinker
Reaction score
I say schedule him for a visit/physical and don't let him leave until a contract is signed!

The sooner the better.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
love his talent but with his injuries its important to give him a fair contract that includeds bonuses/escalators for playing time catches etc..Cards do not want to overpay for this guy

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by FrontRow
I say schedule him for a visit/physical and don't let him leave until a contract is signed!

The sooner the better.

We already know the Cards don't operate in this manner so we shouldn't be too optimistic about your scenario...although I like the idea for sure.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by LVCARDFREAK
love his talent but with his injuries its important to give him a fair contract that includeds bonuses/escalators for playing time catches etc..Cards do not want to overpay for this guy

It's time to take a chance. Sign him on the belief that he will be "all there" this season.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Graves is doing fine

He has made the call, good job. By the way, it would help if he made the call in this fashion: "Hi, Graves...Cardinals...#1 reciever spot open...are you healthy... oh yeah... we are 17 mill under the cap, when do you want to visit?

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Re: Graves is doing fine

Originally posted by Jetstream Green
He has made the call, good job. By the way, it would help if he made the call in this fashion: "Hi, Graves...Cardinals...#1 reciever spot open...are you healthy... oh yeah... we are 17 mill under the cap, when do you want to visit?

HaHa!!

Good one jet....if Graves quits we'll let you take over....I like the way you think!!!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
NO NO NO

That is alright, I don't need the responsibilty, the pressure, the hate... NO, NO, NO... or I'll let you be the symbollic figure head Buckeye and make my decisions through you, ha ha ha!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
graves already has the figurehead-er-puppet-er-gm spot nailed down.

i say we bring him in and offer him a contract and not let him leave 'til he's signed like we did with colvin!

draftsalmostherewwhEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by PHXSPORTS4LIFE
graves already has the figurehead-er-puppet-er-gm spot nailed down.

i say we bring him in and offer him a contract and not let him leave 'til he's signed like we did with colvin!

draftsalmostherewwhEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I think it is getting close to HOWDY DOODY TIME!!!!:D

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
I agree - we should hogtie the guy and keep him in a closet at the Phoenician until the guy puts his sig on the dotted line.

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Recap of his Chicago situation:

Release from Bears 'relief' to Robinson

April 17, 2003

BY BRAD BIGGS STAFF REPORTER

Marcus Robinson still is somewhat miffed an injury cost him his starting job, but he isn't going to write off the Bears while he looks to see if the turf is greener elsewhere.

In a long-anticipated move, the Bears released the former 1,400-yard wide receiver Wednesday after it became evident no team was willing to deal even a seventh-round draft pick for him.

''It's pretty much a relief,'' said Robinson, who set the franchise record for receiving yards in 1999 but had only 21 receptions and three touchdowns last season. ''I'm thankful they gave me the opportunity for a fresh start early. The Bears aren't out of the picture.''

General manager Jerry Angelo echoed the same sentiment, but Robinson likely would have to play for the minimum if he returned as a fourth receiver. After back problems derailed him in 2000, he was on his way to a big 2001 when he blew out his left knee in Week 5. Dez White filled in, and Robinson could not nudge him aside this past season, when he struggled at times to separate from defensive backs.

Robinson had renegotiated his deal last May and could have voided this final year of his contract had he made 35 receptions. He was due $2 million in salary along with $600,000 in bonuses. He will count $1.475 million against the salary cap.

''It's like what I had done before was null and void,'' Robinson said. ''I've seen players get injured and when they come back are given their job. They say, 'We gave Marcus an opportunity, and he didn't step up to the plate.' Jerry Rice got hurt and he wasn't 100 percent when he came back, but they have to get you in there to build up your confidence.''

In his absence, Marty Booker stepped forward as a Pro Bowl receiver, making 197 receptions in two seasons. The Bears think 2001 first-round pick David Terrell is poised for a breakout season, and White is in a contract year.

''I can't feel any more pressure than I did when Marcus was here,'' White said.

''This is a year where I have to go out and establish myself as another guy that we can go to. Marty is going to have a lot of attention, and we're going to have to open it up.''

The Bears could have kept Robinson through training camp to see how he responds two years removed from the injury, but he wanted his freedom and would not have considered a return had he been cut that late.

''We just felt it was in the best interest of Marcus, not necessarily ourselves,'' Angelo said. ''We'd like to have Marcus back. He knows that.''

Had Robinson been injured in camp, the club could have been on the hook for his full salary. His departure makes right guard Chris Villarrial the only player on the roster acquired before 1998.

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
The Turf

The turf is greener Marcus if you can say green back dollars......I knew you could.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Looky what I got....

You must be registered for see images

Northern Card

All Star
Reaction score
Some of you guys ought to take a deep breath and settle down.

I'd be happy to have him, but the facts are that he's a guy looking for a job with a questionable recent pedigree.

Make him a fair up front offer and if he accepts - great!

If not - life and football goes on.

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Sure

Originally posted by Northern Card
Some of you guys ought to take a deep breath and settle down.

I'd be happy to have him, but the facts are that he's a guy looking for a job with a questionable recent pedigree.

Make him a fair up front offer and if he accepts - great!

If not - life and football goes on.

Life does go on....but let us have some fun....I don't want to settle down......you settle down when you're dead....ayy!!!.

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
Re: Recap of his Chicago situation:

Originally posted by WizardOfAz

Had Robinson been injured in camp, the club could have been on the hook for his full salary. His departure makes right guard Chris Villarrial the only player on the roster acquired before 1998.

This last quote is the best of the article. On another thread someone mentioned that we have only 2 or 3 players from the playoff team of 1998. So as you can see this isnt just us, this is probably a lot of teams. remember 2 things, #1 average career in the NFL is 3 years. #2 Free agency means lots and lots of player movements.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Originally posted by SweetD
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Great animation SD.....shiver me timbers....you landlubbers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05