Cards Keeping ST Coach Jeff Rodgers

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jeff Darlington‏Verified account@JeffDarlington
First member of Arizona coach Kliff Kingsbury’s coaching staff wasn’t hard to find: He was able to convince Jeff Rodgers, who came to the team under Steve Wilks, to stay as special teams coordinator, per source. Rodgers was fielding interest from other teams, but Kliff wants him.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I like the move. Now BA can go after Amos Jones who was let go by the Browns.
He already got Keith Armstrong, maybe he'll make Amos the Assistant to the Special Teams Coach.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good start . Also happy if they bring in KK’s wr coach Buddy. There will be some familiarity there.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Special teams were a bright spot at times in 2018... Keeping him was a good move

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know Kingsbury hasn't coached in the league but I'm actually floored that he doesn't seem to have any plan of action as far as assistants are concerned. You would think he would have had a handful of contacts that he would have liked to bring with him or interview. I hope the front office is not tying his hands or forcing assistants on him (ala Mike McCoy).

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I know Kingsbury hasn't coached in the league but I'm actually floored that he doesn't seem to have any plan of action as far as assistants are concerned. You would think he would have had a handful of contacts that he would have liked to bring with him or interview. I hope the front office is not tying his hands or forcing assistants on him (ala Mike McCoy).
I am sure he has friends. But I am also sure he was hired with the direction that certain positions had to be filled by guys with substantial NFL experience just like mcVay was.
he seems smart enough to recognize that his chances for success go up dramatically with experienced coordinators around him Vs guys who only coached in college.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Kingsbury has a plan that he wants to execute. He doesn't want to leave stones unturned.