Cards Open To Trade Hoyer

long_season

Veteran
Reaction score
hoyer trade

hoping this was a ploy to get everyone thinking qb early yesterday...

I am intrigued with hoyer and have no problem with him where he is on OUR depth chart

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Maybe they've got their eye on an undrafted rookie to fill the 3rd spot.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think it comes down to Arians and company seeing Lindley as a kid which was just thrown into the mix way too soon (he is still on the team...hell I don't know, I tried to forget all these guys from last year), I would like Bray for the talent he has and hopefully he grows up and finds a brain if we acquire the kid :D

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it comes down to Arians and company seeing Lindley as a kid which was just thrown into the mix way too soon (he is still on the team...hell I don't know, I tried to forget all these guys from last year), I would like Bray for the talent he has and hopefully he grows up and finds a brain if we acquire the kid :D

Or they don't want to make Hoyer the highest paid 3rd string player in the history of game...

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Or they don't want to make Hoyer the highest paid 3rd string player in the history of game...

Which is why it was laughable we put a 2nd rd tender on a a guy who hasn't done jack squat in the first place

ndhillst

Rookie
Reaction score
Which is why it was laughable we put a 2nd rd tender on a a guy who hasn't done jack squat in the first place

Perhaps it made more sense when it looked like he might be the backup with Stanton as the starter.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Possible suitors?wait till before september cause maybe some qbs could be injured?

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Possible suitors?wait till before september cause maybe some qbs could be injured?

That's a high risk move considering we don't know if anyone will even trade for him, then we are stuck with the contract.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Probably one of the most questionable moves this FO team has done. No way in hell is Brian Hoyer worth a 2nd round tender, no matter what the circumstances were at the time.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Probably one of the most questionable moves this FO team has done. No way in hell is Brian Hoyer worth a 2nd round tender, no matter what the circumstances were at the time.

There was word at the time that the Steelers were very interested in him, so they went with the 2nd round tender to keep him or get a high pick for him if the Steelers were really that interested.

I liked the move. Maybe Hoyer beats Stanton for #2. Doubtful, but we'll see.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
At the time, we didn't know what our QB situation would look like. I don't question the move at all because he could have just as easily been the best QB on this roster if we whiffed on Palmer and Stanton.

Now he is a luxury and I think we can dangle him out there as bait, perhaps as early as August when the preseason starts to take its toll on QB depth.