Cards Overseas?

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
Foreign affair

We hear that Cardinals season ticket holders have not received invoices yet for the 2005 season, and we also think we know why.

Remember during the Super Bowl when NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue said the league was considering regular-season games in cities such as London, Tokyo or Mexico City?

The Cardinals are under consideration for such a game in the fall. It makes sense because it's the team's last season at Sun Devil Stadium, and they'd give up a home game.

It also explains why the invoices haven't gone out. We're guessing the club doesn't know yet whether to bill for nine games or 10 (counting exhibitions).
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/0311p2main0311.html

Any thoughts, it says here a regular season game not preseason.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
I might be able to live with it. I guess. Tough to lose a home game though. Especially with our road record.

wembley88

A Grand Old Team
Reaction score
Oh my god. please please please let it be london....

Me and English on tour could be the home support....

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They already have an NFL team in a foreign country. The Rams play in Missouri.

Lenny_Biscuit

Rookie
Reaction score
Someone I know called the ticket office today and they sent me the following.

I just talked to the ticket office. The hold up is due to the strong possibility of the cards playing one of their PRESEASON home games somewhere else, Europe, Mexico ?? The Cards are to find out soon and mail out the renewals for either 9 or 10 games.

OP
OP
CardinalLaw

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
For all of our spanish speaking friends we found this on the other board.
http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/story?id=308087

ESPN Deportes SportsCenter informó el jueves que los San Francisco 49ers se medirán a los Arizona Cardinals en el Estadio Azteca el 2 de octubre a las 19.30 horas del D.F. El partido corresponde a la NFL Dominical que transmite ESPN por sus varias redes mundiales.
I guess it means, that we are playing a game on October 2nd against the 49ers in Mexico. It looks like a regular season game that sucks.

Last edited:

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
CardinalLaw said:
For all of our spanish speaking friends we found this on the other board.
http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/story?id=308087

I guess it means, that we are playing a game on October 2nd against the 49ers in Mexico. It looks like a regular season game that sucks.

NOOOOOO! Dammit!

I wanted to put a major blowout down on the whiners at home and taunt their worthless fans unmercifully on the way out. :mad:

Let's play Detroit in Mexico instead. :thumbup: