Cards win 3 in a Row...

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Redsz said:
We have Seattle, SF and Carolina in the next three games. I would say that Seattle and SF are winable games.
Giants and Rams were very winable games...

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
az1965 said:

I agree...there isn't a game on the schedule that the Cards can't win...the last two are the most difficult but those teams may be resting there key starters at that time...

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
HawkManDan said:
Dream on. Seattle will crush the Cards! Defensively? Defensively like the Giants game? Keep dreaming. Cards will get crushed Sunday! Last year was the biggest fluke. Hass was injured and never should have played. Every Card played out of thier minds and had the game of thier careers!

Seahawks 35
Cards 9

Contrary to your opinion, the Cards didn't play horrible defensively against the Giants. The score doesn't reflect that because of the 2 ST touchdownns the Cards have up. The Cards did have some troubles stopping the run against the Giants but they did improve on that some against STL (I still maintain STL could have run the ball alot more had it not been for Martz' lunacy in play calling). The Cards are better against the pass than most opposing fans give them credit for.

I think the Seahawks win this one because the cards offense is in some disarray still but I think it will be closer than you think.

My guess is SEA 20 AZ 10

As a side note, I would think you could come to this board with a bit more intelligent conversation that what you gave us in this thread. My suggestion is try to be like our good friends MigratingOsprey and Hawknight...they bring good conversation to the mix.

I look forward to your next post.

Last edited:

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
az1965 said:

I don't know about the Giants game but this last game against the Lambs was definitely winnable. I can see why the Lambs lost to SF. The Lambs are not that good this year, as expected. The fact that the Cards couldn't beat them at home speaks volumes to where they are at right now.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HawkManDan said:
Dream on. Seattle will crush the Cards! Defensively? Defensively like the Giants game? Keep dreaming. Cards will get crushed Sunday!

Cardinals Defense:
overall: #8
vs. Pass: #6
vs. Run: #20

Seahawks Defense:
overall: #11
vs. Pass: #10
vs. Run: #25

And, the most telling stat...The Cards are (-)1 when it comes to TOs, the 'Hawks are (-6). The defense hasn't come up with a single turnover.

If the Cards can find a rythm offensively (this depends almost soley on a very poor offensive line, so it very well might nver materialize), the Seattle defense should give up some rushing yards and a bunch of passing yards. The Cardinals might give Alexander 175 on the ground, but I'd be willing to bet we make Hasselbeck cough it up a couple of times, too.

'Hawks: 24
Cards: 17

Hawkfandyno

Rookie
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Cardinals Defense:
overall: #8
vs. Pass: #6
vs. Run: #20

Seahawks Defense:
overall: #11
vs. Pass: #10
vs. Run: #25

And, the most telling stat...The Cards are (-)1 when it comes to TOs, the 'Hawks are (-6). The defense hasn't come up with a single turnover.

If the Cards can find a rythm offensively (this depends almost soley on a very poor offensive line, so it very well might nver materialize), the Seattle defense should give up some rushing yards and a bunch of passing yards. The Cardinals might give Alexander 175 on the ground, but I'd be willing to bet we make Hasselbeck cough it up a couple of times, too.

'Hawks: 24
Cards: 17

the difference between #8 and #11 is not all that much, so that shows me that we are pretty even defensively. that takes us to the offense and more specifically the Oline. that is where this game will be won. and yours being in disarray right now gives a big edge to Seattle. Warners been sacked 11 times thus far if i remember right. our pass rush has improved a little this year, with tubbs coming on and the addition of fisher, we are getting to the qb.

all in all, should be a good game, but with oline and homefield, i see a convincing seattle win (until the 4th quarter when we let you back in the game like we been known to do)

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To all of us who think we are going to win the next 3 games:

attachment.php

I hope I eat crow.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
SEA is a winnable game...it will be tough (very tough) but SEA isn't a lock to win.

SF is definitely a winnable game. Obviously the fact it is a road, home game may cause issues but it is the best chance for a win.

The best thing about SF is it's entirely possible(not likely) that Smith will be the QB when we play them. Rattay had a horrible game last week and the pressure to play Smith is mounting. He played briefly Sunday.

Nolan keeps saying they're not going to throw him to the wolves and Rattay is the QB but they play Dallas next and they have a pretty good defense. Rattay has 4 TO's in 2 games and is starting to do his get rattled and panic routine that he did so much last year.

I wouldn't be surprised if by the time we play them in Mexico, Rattay is on a really short leash and if he starts poorly they bring in Smith.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hawkfandyno said:
the difference between #8 and #11 is not all that much, so that shows me that we are pretty even defensively.
But your assertion was that the cards aren't any good on defense, yet we're better than the 'Hawks--even if it is by a small margin. And, when you take into account that the 'Hawls can't makew plays on D (zero turnovers forced), the margin grows.

My purpose in pointing the defensive stats out was to show you that you're wrong in your assesment of the Cardinals D.

Warners been sacked 11 times thus far if i remember right.
Wrong again. Warner has been sacked 8 times. Hasselbeck has been sacked 5 times.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it is very possible that the Cards rattle off 3 wins in a row. Especially if the can beat the Hawks in Seattle.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
I think it is very possible that the Cards rattle off 3 wins in a row. Especially if the can beat the Hawks in Seattle.
No way. We might be Seattle. We should beat SF. I really, really doubt we beat Carolina.

Hawkfandyno

Rookie
Reaction score
Pariah said:
But your assertion was that the cards aren't any good on defense, yet we're better than the 'Hawks--even if it is by a small margin. And, when you take into account that the 'Hawls can't makew plays on D (zero turnovers forced), the margin grows.

My purpose in pointing the defensive stats out was to show you that you're wrong in your assesment of the Cardinals D.

Wrong again. Warner has been sacked 8 times. Hasselbeck has been sacked 5 times.

When did i say your defense wasnt good? i mearly pointed out that there is a small margin between #8 and #11 and that we were pretty evenly matched on D....all my comments were directed at your Oline and sacks. and my bad, i confused warner with Bulger whos been sacked 11 times.

we havent forced any to's as of yet......and we are still #11 Defense. TO's tend to come in groups so i have no doubt we'll get ours.