Carson Palmer - Every throw in 2012 season

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When you look at the draft class and the players available through free agency or trade, the Cardinals did about as well as they could hope.

Reaction score
One thing immediately stands out. Palmer knows how to read a defense and get the ball out quickly. We haven't seen that on a regular basis the last three years.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think kolb has a lot to do with our worst ranking about sacks allowed..first 8 game 39 sacks then just 19(12th nfl) 100 hurries first 8 games then just 27.carson palmer is very quick to get rid of the ball .he is very good throwing before coming pressure from the outside..only problem he need a better protection from guards and center.that s a reason they must draft warmack and schwenke

Last edited:

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I spent most of that Chargers game watching Antoine Cason.

He did OK. He gives up a little too much space, like hes playing prevent 24/7. Regardless, hes the best #2 weve had in a long time.

As for Carson - he loves to throw to his RB (McFadden). Hope he can get use to not having that luxury.

Not great velocity on the ball. Good D's will pick him some.

Gets the ball out quick. Thatll help the line.

Saw a few times he had better options but dumped it to the RB.

His deep ball isnt great, but its not bad.

Raider fans were right, theres a couple mind numbing throws in there. Picks or shouldve-been-picks. On Par with Kolbs end zoner vs the Dolphins. Really really really bad picks.

Hes not nearly as anti-mobile as people say. He can move a bit.

All in all, everything is as expected. He'll be an adequate QB till we find our franchise guy someday.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Palmer might not be consider elite, but I consider him good and above average. A matter of fact I have him ranked even with Romo and that for me is a VAST improvement over the jokers since Warner. Palmer is no chump, and he has Fitz and Floyd to throw to

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
I think the Cards will be more competitive than some think, and Palmer will be a big reason for it IMHO....

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That play at about the 10:15 mark of game 2 was heady. He knocks down an deflected pass to prevent an interception. Good quick thinking.

Haven't had a chance to watch all of it, but how refreshing. Quick thinking, decisive, gets the ball out. Accurate passer. Most incompletes were drops. Some misses. Knows how to throw away the ball to avoid the sack.

I am looking forward to this year.

Last edited:

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Very obvious after watching about half of it that Carson Palmer was not the reason the Raiders lost 12 games. I beleive we have ourselves a QB .

RoleyAnderson

Reaction score
I watched all of his throws.

...and I gotta say: he would've had an amazing season if his receivers didn't drop so many passes. It seemed as though at least half of the incomplete passes he threw were dropped by his receivers! Just imagine how much better of a season he's going to have with Fitz, Floyd, and Roberts!

I think he's going to pass for at least 4500 yards this season! Plus, with our upgraded offensive line and a deep-pass coach like Arians, he'll be well on his way to his best season ever.

Next year, we're going to have a good team! I BELIEVE!

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I noticed two things game after game. Lots of drop balls/poor routes and man he gets the ball out quick. Great find and i feel even better about next year after watching this. 25+ Tds easy.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Every Palmer Throw from Last Season

Just in case anybody is interested.

Awesome find, thanks for sharing this.

(Edit: so wife and I watched the first two games and then skipped to the Falcon game. Its what passes for foreplay these days. Anyway...his passes still have a lot of zip and his decision making is really good.

I know couple people lamented his check downs but dudes (and dudettes) he scans the field and only does it as a last resort. An ugly pick against Atlanta by Samuel but you gotta think Fitz would drive to the ball harder than the chumps he had in Oakland. I don't know why anyone would say his deep ball is just okay or average. He throws a real good deep ball--into the guys hands every time. Its not his fault if his WR can't separate, he puts it in a spot where his guy can put hands on it.

I'm actually trying not to get too excited thinking about him throwing to the likes of Fitz and Floyd and Roberts instead of the trash in Oakland or the prima's in Cinci.

He's better than Jake the Snake so I'm just wondering how far back we have to go to find a Cards QB this good, besides Warner obviously)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

mrbyte

Be careful what you wish for.
Reaction score
wish I had seen this thread a few days back...I just finished watching every Raider game from last year.

I think we got a keeper :)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Carson will throw a ton more deep balls this season than last, that's for sure. Many of his passes were short outs and screens. He'll be looking downfield a ton more next season. I'd take Andre Roberts over any of the Raiders' receivers from last year. And he's gotta be gitty about throwing to Fitz.

Watching these clips makes me feel really good about Palmer.

Last edited: