Carson Palmer's Contract

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Interesting info on Carson's contract:

"Carson Palmer signed a three year contract extension with the Arizona Cardinals on November 8, 2014. The contract is worth $49.5 million and contains just over $14 million in full guarantees upon signing. If Palmer is on the Cardinals roster 5 days after the Super Bowl in any season the following year’s base salary and roster bonus will become fully guaranteed. The Cardinals converted a $9.5 million 2015 roster bonus in Palmer’s contract to a signing bonus on March 9, 2015."

20m cap number if he is on the roster, 6m if not (14m in savings).

If he retires, wouldn't he have to pay back some of the bonus money?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Interesting info on Carson's contract:

"Carson Palmer signed a three year contract extension with the Arizona Cardinals on November 8, 2014. The contract is worth $49.5 million and contains just over $14 million in full guarantees upon signing. If Palmer is on the Cardinals roster 5 days after the Super Bowl in any season the following year’s base salary and roster bonus will become fully guaranteed. The Cardinals converted a $9.5 million 2015 roster bonus in Palmer’s contract to a signing bonus on March 9, 2015."

20m cap number if he is on the roster, 6m if not (14m in savings).

I think a payback, due to retirement is up to the team to enforce, unless language already exists in contract. Regardless, I do not think it would impact the cap.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think this time it'll be more clear for him. The Cardinals aren't a playoff team so he'll have a month or so to figure it out before that deadline. He's proved in the past money won't impact his decisions.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think this time it'll be more clear for him. The Cardinals aren't a playoff team so he'll have a month or so to figure it out before that deadline. He's proved in the past money won't impact his decisions.
it kinda sucks too. If our oline was as good as it was supposed to be at this point Palmer likely has a couple years left. But based on what we have seen and the beating he is taking I am pretty confident he will hang'em up after this season... or, be really okay with riding the pine and mentoring a rookie.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I think the way it works is that you get to pro-rate the bonus over the remaining life of the contract. Because there's only a year left on the deal, you'd still have to eat the $6.7M in dead money.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
it kinda sucks too. If our oline was as good as it was supposed to be at this point Palmer likely has a couple years left. But based on what we have seen and the beating he is taking I am pretty confident he will hang'em up after this season... or, be really okay with riding the pine and mentoring a rookie.

If he comes back it's to start.

Mentoring is not in his DNA.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05