Cavs dumping cash for JJ

djohnson

Rookie
Reaction score
Robert Traylor is now an unrestricted free agent after the Cavaliers declined his option.
The Cavs let their top reserve go, along with Lucious Harris in an effort to free up cap space. While dumping Harris was not a surprise, letting Tractor go was. Jun. 20 - 7:23 pm et
Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe they are clearing cap space to sign Little Jake and he will wave his player option.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Ah Eric, where did your post go?

I liked it!

Heh, I figure I'm popular enough around here these days as it is.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The real biggie will be if the Cavs give up their Bird rights on Zydrunas Ilgauskas. It would give them lots of cap space.

However, I'm not convinced the Cavs will bother with JJ. The Cavs have a long shopping list and little need in bidding on a guy who is not likely to be available. One of the problems with making an unreasonable offer that gets matched is that it means the next guy they talk to expects the same kind of money, so they end up in a bigger overpayment situation than if they just overpaid for JJ.

asudevil83

Reaction score
i think the cavs might end up with Redd.

remember, they arent set with drafting Bogut.....and i think a reason for that is the possibility of a S&T with both Redd and Big Z. the bucks would then draft Marvin Williams, and be set.

we'd be stupid not to resign JJ.....as it would pretty much eliminate us from being a championship contender. by not resigning him, we lose a huge piece to our team, without much cap space to find a replacement for him. we'd essentially be screwed.

also.....the cavs would be setting themselves up for cap hell in a few years. with JJ coming with a max contract this season, Gooden up after next season, and James up the following season, the cavs really cant sign themselves up to the cap limit this season. they'd EASILY be in the $70mil range in 3 years.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
Ah Eric, where did your post go?

I liked it!

The censorship is a bit much on this board. The folks in control have the right to do as they wish, but the censorship (that I have noticed) has been unnecessary and inconsistent.

You only need to get rid of the posts from users who troll repeatedly; shutdown the people who are aiming to get others in an uproar. Otherwise, we will start wondering what else has been deleted.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tobiazz said:
The censorship is a bit much on this board. The folks in control have the right to do as they wish, but the censorship (that I have noticed) has been unnecessary and inconsistent.

has there really been all that much censorship on the Suns board? I can't remember even one thing - besides some of the posts on the night of the Brawl in Motown months back.

I think the mods on this board actually do the best job of anyone on the site! :thumbup:

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
has there really been all that much censorship on the Suns board? I can't remember even one thing - besides some of the posts on the night of the Brawl in Motown months back.

I think the mods on this board actually do the best job of anyone on the site! :thumbup:

haha, well it's kinda tough to see what exactly gets censored since we only see when we happen to load a post before it is deleted. But some of the posts I have noticed being removed were pretty mild.

My general rule is if a post would not have offended me when I was 9 years old, it has no business being deleted. If you are under nine and reading this board then.... well, get a life. You are too young to be wasting your time with us losers. ;)

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
tobiazz said:

You only need to get rid of the posts from users who troll repeatedly; shutdown the people who are aiming to get others in an uproar. Otherwise, we will start wondering what else has been deleted.

Eric deleted it himself.

There is very LITTLE censorship on the Suns board actually. Most moderators from other boards think that the Suns moderators are too easy.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Would a team that is under alot of pressure to get help for King James, lockup cap space for (what is it 13 days?) JJ just to chance not getting him. When they can just go sign a sure thing in Ray Allen...

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
tobiazz said:

In all honesty we might close a thread or delete/edit a post once every week or two. If you can find some place where the censorship has been "unnecessary and inconsistent" I'll step down as the moderator... or blame it on SweetD. :lol:

Joe Mama

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In any event, to the topic at hand...

I will not be concerned about losing JJ until he signs some rediculous offer sheet.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
They have to resign Z and they will go after Redd and Allen first.