CBS Sportsline's Pete Prisco Reports cards will offer green 2-3 milliion a year

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Don't know if this specific link has been posted, but I haven't seen it yet.

Link

Pretty competitive offer, and it might not be their highest one since it is between 2-3 millon a season.

cardsfan473

In memory of a REAL Hero
Reaction score
While I'm extatic that the ownership seems to be getting more committed to winning, and paying for quality - I can't help but be a little sad that coach Mac wasn't given more money for better assitants, and better players. I really would have liked for him to succeed here.

That being said, lets just start winning! I'm tired of going to the stadium that is half full (at best), with a ton of "enemy" fans talking crap into my earhole the whole game.

I want my piece of the "parity pie" - Is that to much to ask?

I want to be sitting here next January talking about how the Cards are going to stomp their next play-off opponent.

Just win baby, and pay whatever you have to do to get it done!
I'm off my soapbox now..... :)

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
GREAT!!

I am at work right now, but that would be great to have Green in place on wednesday.. that would be excellent and quick for the Cardsinals.. then Green has alot of time to start peice an excellent staff together to bring out the talent that we have on this team...

Go Cards

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Re: GREAT!!

Originally posted by jrjbritt
I am at work right now, but that would be great to have Green in place on wednesday.. that would be excellent and quick for the Cardsinals.. then Green has alot of time to start peice an excellent staff together to bring out the talent that we have on this team...

Go Cards

Great post. If they wait too long then all the good assistants will be gobbled up. This just could be another corner the Cards are turning. I like to see them being agressive for a change. If this is true it sound like a pretty good offer.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Originally posted by cardsfan473
While I'm extatic that the ownership seems to be getting more committed to winning, and paying for quality - I can't help but be a little sad that coach Mac wasn't given more money for better assitants, and better players. I really would have liked for him to succeed here.

I'm just sad coach Mac couldn't...well, couldn't coach. Excuses are like you-know-whats. The fact is, he refused to fire certain assistants he should have, he coudln't gameplan worth a crap, couldn't manage the clock, nor could he adjust to the game at halftime. Nice guy, bad coach. We're well rid of him. I wanted him to succeed too, but for our benefit, not for him. I feel no sympathy for him as a coach, because he sucked, nice guy or no.

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stout
I'm just sad coach Mac couldn't...well, couldn't coach. Excuses are like you-know-whats. The fact is, he refused to fire certain assistants he should have, he coudln't gameplan worth a crap, couldn't manage the clock, nor could he adjust to the game at halftime. Nice guy, bad coach. We're well rid of him. I wanted him to succeed too, but for our benefit, not for him. I feel no sympathy for him as a coach, because he sucked, nice guy or no.
:thumbup:

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

My thoughts exactly.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score

Mac is a classic case of good coordinator/Bad HC.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
FoxSportsAZ corroborated the "between $2 and 3 mil figure. If the initial offer is closer to 2 than 3, it would be a big, big mistake.

Going rate appears to be slightly under $3 mil, and I hope the Cards don't blow the deal by low-balling Dennis.

Second word of caution - My take on Denny is that he wouldn't be adverse to using the 2nd Cardinal interview as leverage. Don't be surprised if Big Al comes riding in on his silver and black horse at the last minute and steals him from under our noses.

Earth to Michael and Rod - If you really want Dennis, refuse to exit the Green premises unless you have a signed contract.

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Originally posted by BACH
Mac is a classic case of good coordinator/Bad HC.

How was he a good coordinator? Our defense SUCKED when he was the coordinator too!

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by cardsfan473

How many more wins would this team have had under Coach Mac if he were making $2.0 million per year rather than $900K?

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't this comment from Prisco seem like this is what he's rooting for:

If Green were to snub the Cardinals, they would have to wait for Johnson and Crennel until after their teams lose in the playoffs. That could be close to another month, if either team were to get to the Super Bowl.

Writes a decent article and then finishes it with this comment. Completely unnecessary.

Shuesters2

Wind Breaker
Reaction score

Stout,

I completely concur. I couldn't help but notice on his exit interview that he blamed the 4 -12 record on turnovers. Hey Mac, what about our inability to run, defend the run, cover or rush the pass?

Shuesters