Census says 98% Pit fans

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Heard on TV it should be about 98/2 Steelers to Cards fans during the game. On NFL access live show this evening its ALL Steelers fans int he background saw 1 cards fan.

This will be a great story "Against all odds" when we win.

Preacher

Rookie
Reaction score
I am not surprised... you gotta remember how many Pittsburghers have moved down there over the last 30 years because of the steel mills shutting down.

1DS

Registered
Reaction score
Most people that end up being able to go to the Superbowl are just there for the experience. They will probably have a Cardinals jersey under their Steelers jersey and will end up switching by half-time.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I am not surprised... you gotta remember how many Pittsburghers have moved down there over the last 30 years because of the steel mills shutting down.

Or the fact that rich people love winners. The Steelers have done a lot of winning over the years, and have got a lot of the "Yankee" fan type people who do nothing but root for teams that usually win.

Thus you have WAY more Steeler fans that can afford to go, then Cardinals fans.

There were so many chances that I had to buy tickets for the Superbowl, but I just don't have enough money to do that. Especially after visiting AZ this year. (Once again it was totally worth it).

So I am not surprise that there will be nothing but Steeler fans at the game.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Almost all of KC is saying the same thing here, all of them are rooting for the Cardinals simply because they've never been there before.

I was inline at a Target today and two guys were talking aisle to aisle about it and that's exactly what they said, I just smiled at my kids who were laughing.

No one can believe we're there but they've been watching and I'd say nationwide the amount of people acutally pulling for us is rather huge.

Hopefully the mojo will ignite the destiny burner and bury Pittsburg alive, one can hope.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nah, if Wings Gone Wild is any indication, the Cards should be represented nicely.

I'm sill hoping for 10-15k Cards fans.

Steelers fans can drive down to Tampa in what, 12-15hrs?? I'm thinking many Cards fans will arrive Friday and Saturday.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
:shock: 98% Pittsburgh fans? I was expecting a lot of people that didn't care would actually back the Cardinals over the Steelers. I was still expecting the Steelers to have a slight advantage, but nothing like that. BUMMER!:rolleyes:

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Don't forget, about half the seats are corporate. Most of those 98% (just like most of us who are not season ticket holders or did not win the lotto) can't afford 3 grand to get into the stadium. If we get on a roll, many of the corporate folk will be pulling for the Cinderella. I wouldnt expect the fans to be a factor.

To the Cards fans who were able to make the trip though, we will be dreaming of being in your position tonight.

Give em heck brothers

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I just got home from Wings Gone Wild and the Westin Tampa Bay airport. The ratio will be MUCH better than 98/2. Im saying 70/30.

Whatever the case, I have faith in Whis's game plan.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I just got home from Wings Gone Wild and the Westin Tampa Bay airport. The ratio will be MUCH better than 98/2. Im saying 70/30.

Whatever the case, I have faith in Whis's game plan.

Wings gone Wild, the Cards in the Super Bowl and a head coach who knows the Steelers... I am so jealous

Please post tons of pics

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
It's going to be a quiet stadium when they find themselves down by 3 TDs at halftime (I can hope, can't I?)

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
They just showed a shot of the people lining up to get into Raymond James Stadium and there were quite a few Cards fans.

More Steeler fans, of course, but nowhere near 98% or the 95% that Scott Hanson keeps crowing about.

steeler tim

Reaction score
You guys just don't understand Steeler fans. Tough economic times? They don't care. Steeler fans are taking out home equity loans to pay for the trip to the SB. They are traveling to Tampa without tickets or hotel rooms. Their team is in the SB so many will do anything to go see them play. A couple of years ago the Steeler club in Baltimore sent over 2000 people to a game in San Diego and that was just a regular season game. Don't give me this crap that most of them are bandwagon fans. Bandwagon fans don't do these types of things.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Steeler fans are taking out home equity loans to pay for the trip to the SB. They are traveling to Tampa without tickets or hotel rooms. Their team is in the SB so many will do anything to go see them play. A couple of years ago the Steeler club in Baltimore sent over 2000 people to a game in San Diego and that was just a regular season game. Don't give me this crap that most of them are bandwagon fans. Bandwagon fans don't do these types of things.

Heh so they're retards. Thanks for giving us more proof! :cheers: