Chad Ford mock draft

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
slinslin said:
BTW on this board there is little buzz about Shaun Livingston. Am I the only one who is intrigued?

Doesn't we have probably 2 undersized SGs in Barbosa and Milos. Why not get a 2nd oversized PG along them?

Livingston seems to have some talents that simply can not be teached.

Great feel for the game, natural PG skills, great passing skills and his size and a entry passes in the post would be awesome with Amare.

He would probably not be anything more than a bench player in the first year until he gets physically stronger to guard SGs but there is something about him that has me excited about him.

i've also been intrigued by livingston since way back when. the thought of a 6'7 point guard, with pure point guard skills is certainly enticing. and i don't mind the wait for him to excel. i think we'll be infinitely better just w/ the growth of our current youngin's and then maybe livingston's eventual maturation will cap our run to a championship a few years down the line.

OP
OP
S

sunsfn

Reaction score
The suns keep talking about leadership and veterans and that we have the youngest team in the NBA.
I do not think they will take Livingston because of that, and also because of Barbosa and if Vujanic comes over. They also have JJ they can use at point.
I have said before that if they can get rid of Eisley they will sign a veteran point guard, and if they can not get rid of Eisley they will use him as their backup.
I do kind of like Livingston, but do not think he will be a sun.

As the suns keep talking about veterans, I am wondering if the suns are putting up a smoke screen on the foriegn bigs............They have 3 now and maybe do not want any more that will take time to get ready to play in the NBA.

If there is talk around the league about them trading Marion and not for McGrady, maybe they are working on Marion and the 7th for a couple veterans that may include center and point guard or??

I know this, if the suns keep the pick they will take the BPA.
:)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
Actually the Clippers situation is quite different. First of all they will have opportunities to trade down and still get the point guard they want. Secondly, Howard might be the best prospect on the board, but that's debatable. At #2 a could still get a very good point guard prospect. The Clippers don't really need a big man. The Phoenix Suns do need a point guard.

Joe Mama

There are at least 3 other things the Suns need more than a point guard. The #7 pick can address a few of those needs. (Shot blocker, shooter, vet leader)

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
That's pretty funny considering that Van Arsdale and Colangelo both say that it is fair to say that PG is a need.

And Steve Kerr said one of the things he would try to get is a PG.

OP
OP
S

sunsfn

Reaction score
If the suns think they need a point guard, they can pick up a veteran free agent.

This team is not going to contend for the championship anytime soon, so I think they need to get players at other positions first. Barbosa, JJ, Vujanic, (maybe) and a veteran pickup will do for now.
If Vujanic does not come over that may change the draft for them.

They absolutely have to get some help at center now.........Lampe may be ready in a couple years, but they need help now if they want to start winning.
Preferably a defensive center. If they could get a defensive center, it would have an impact on the other players defense.

I still would prefer Blount over Okur. He is much more of a defensive player than Okur. Either one would be a big help.

:)

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
There are at least 3 other things the Suns need more than a point guard. The #7 pick can address a few of those needs. (Shot blocker, shooter, vet leader)

Well, they aren't going to get a veteran leader in the draft. That leaves us with a shot blocker and shooter. Unless they are going to take Luke Jackson or possibly the high scorer, J. R. Smith, there aren't really in the great shooters on. Well, that is unless your counting Gordon and Harris, but they are point guards. The only two guys in the draft that look like above-average shot blockers are Okafor and Biedrinis. I know I would not be opposed to having neither one of those guys. Okafor won't be available, and Biedrinis is likely to be gone as well. That leaves the Suns taking a point guard, a swingman, or trying to trade a pick that isn't worth a lot.

Joe Mama

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
Well, they aren't going to get a veteran leader in the draft. That leaves us with a shot blocker and shooter. Unless they are going to take Luke Jackson or possibly the high scorer, J. R. Smith, there aren't really in the great shooters on. Well, that is unless your counting Gordon and Harris, but they are point guards. The only two guys in the draft that look like above-average shot blockers are Okafor and Biedrinis. I know I would not be opposed to having neither one of those guys. Okafor won't be available, and Biedrinis is likely to be gone as well. That leaves the Suns taking a point guard, a swingman, or trying to trade a pick that isn't worth a lot.

Joe Mama

My first reaction to the Wizzards dropping to #5 was that they would be sure to take Biedrins. However, the rumors coming out of Washington are they are looking at Deng and Childress. This suggests they no longer think Stackhouse can remain healthy and Jeffries is a bust. They may change their priorities, but it makes sense. The problem with their inside guys is not lack of talent, it is that they are not mature enough. They may conclude that adding another young inside guy might not help. (Considering how much interest Etan Thomas is generating, they may decide that it will be worth their while to match any RFA offers rather than try to replace him).

From what I can tell, Washington is the only top six team that seemed likely to take Biedrins. The Suns could benefit from the perceived failuare of Darko to contribute in that it may discourage other lottery teams from taking a big Euro.

We'll see.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05