Chan Gailey going to Buffalo

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Chan Gailey? Why not just try out Dave McGinnis if you're gonna go there? the Bills are going to struggle.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Perhaps they are using this hire to continue sucking to have a good excuse to move to the new stadium in Los Angeles......

just saying....

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
Someone isnt thinking if chan Gailey is hired as the head guy!!

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps they are using this hire to continue sucking to have a good excuse to move to the new stadium in Los Angeles......

just saying....

Or Toronto. I know the Bills draw well up there and if Goodell wants to expand the NFL "internationally" the Bills are a great team to do it with. They know they can draw a crowd and revenues there. If the Bills are the next team to move, I think there is a good possibilty Toronto gets a NFL team before L.A.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a curious hiring, especially considering Billick seemed interested.

ReddBird

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, sad. There are some good Buffalo fans out there and they deserve better.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Well, he's already coached America's Team, so why not take a shot with "North America's Team"...

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, sad. There are some good Buffalo fans out there and they deserve better.

Yeah, from Gregg Williams to Dick Jauron to Chan Gailey. That's almost cruel and unusual punishment.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ben Maller says;
Jan 19, 2010 10:01 AM link
Bills planning move West?
Chan Gailey is the kind of hire that has some thinking the Buffalo Bills franchise is dreaming of Los Angeles in its future.

Gailey, 18-14 record in two vanilla seasons coaching the Dallas Cowboys, did such a bang up job in his last job as Chiefs offensive coordinator, he was demoted after three pre-season games. Gailey was relieved of calling plays by head coach Todd Haley

The theory is simple, hire a retread coach (Chan Gailey) who creates no buzz, turn your fan base off and eventually they stop caring (Buffalo). Then the team won't look as bad packing up the moving vans to a new city (Los Angeles).

Owner Georgia Frontiere did this with the Los Angeles Rams in the early 90's. She hired a washed up Chuck Knox. After a 15-33 run with "Ground Chuck" that killed interest in the team, the Rams skipped town to St. Louis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05