Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looked like he hurt himself doing drills while on the sidelines and not in game. That must be a brutal way to get injured. Not ACL Grammatica bad, but still painful.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It looked like he hurt himself doing drills while on the sidelines and not in game. That must be a brutal way to get injured. Not ACL Grammatica bad, but still painful.

No, he hurt it in the game. He was testing if he could still play on the sideline.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Chandler Jones for the year 2021
Years left on contract: 1
Cap Hit: +$20mil

The Cardinals will have to re-work his deal one would think.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chandler Jones for the year 2021
Years left on contract: 1
Cap Hit: +$20mil

The Cardinals will have to re-work his deal one would think.

He had his worst start of the season ever this year
Couldn't win battle against second string tackle
Personally this is a concern, if his decline started very quickly

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He had his worst start of the season ever this year
Couldn't win battle against second string tackle
Personally this is a concern, if his decline started very quickly

he only played like 4 games with no preseason or camp really. I’m not putting to much stock into a small sample this season considering he’s been one of the 3 dominate pass rushers in the nfl for the last 5 years

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So side question. Is he 100% out this whole year? Say we got far along in the playoffs, still can't come back?

I'm assuming yes from his tweet after the surgery that he needs more than 2.5 to 3 months rehab so even if we got red hot and somehow made a super bowl run, he'd still be unable to play

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
he only played like 4 games with no preseason or camp really. I’m not putting to much stock into a small sample this season considering he’s been one of the 3 dominate pass rushers in the nfl for the last 5 years

It's like this with a great young QB on a rookie contract, you secure what you can. We need pass rushers and corner backs and cannot afford to think the draft will give us that in a timely maturation process or any vets in free agency which we are not sure that have not played under this franchise. You sign Chandler to an extension and I guess you put Peterson on the transition tag though he's no longer elite

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
No, he hurt it in the game. He was testing if he could still play on the sideline.

That act does not establish when the injury happened because maybe he re-aggravated something which accounts for his drop off... though I agree it probably happened during the game or we would have heard something prior if not to qualify his early season play and what we usually expect of him

OP
OP
Buckybird

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
The way the IR rules are this year, I guess it could be possible he could return. I don’t know how the injury works after surgery but AW & Ray Lewis played.

But then again he’s a OLB where the use of his hands are more important.
So side question. Is he 100% out this whole year? Say we got far along in the playoffs, still can't come back?

I'm assuming yes from his tweet after the surgery that he needs more than 2.5 to 3 months rehab so even if we got red hot and somehow made a super bowl run, he'd still be unable to play

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Re-working his deal would help us retain Pat P.

maybe 3yrs for 45mm for Chan
then 3yrs 45mm for Pat.

Not all guaranteed of course, and frees up some dollars for other help. My guess is neither would do it though.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
And to be fair even though his sacks were down he was still pressuring the QB and getting QB hits. He was still performing pretty well, but just was not actually getting sacks.