Chargers Part II

Lomax15

Reaction score
The Chargers turned things around in the 2001 draft by taking LT and Drew Brees. The Cardinals should follow that plan and take Reggie Bush and then Brady Quinn in the 2nd round. And say a prayer that Seattle isnt able to resign Hutchinson and offer him whatever he wants to be our LG next year.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Interesting idea, though Vick was definitely an unpredictable quantity in a way that Leinart is not (not that we know Leinart will be good in the pros). Also, SD was in the sortunate position of trading down to #2. As grim as things look, we could finish 3-13 and not be in the top 3.

redbirdofwar

Reaction score
I believe the Cards will be picking in the top 5, so I don't think we will have a shot at either Leinart or Bush. I think we should shore up our D line with someone like Haloti Ngata (Defence wins championships) in the first, and get our QB of the future in the second, Charlie Whitehurst from Clemson or Jay Cutler from Vanderbilt. There will be more than a few FA runingbacks on the market this year; Shaun Alexander, Edgerin James and Jamal Lewis to name a few. We might also be able to trade for Ricky Williams using Bryant Johnson and a third. We are projected to have the second most cap room in the league behind the Chargers.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Lomax15 said:
The Chargers turned things around in the 2001 draft by taking LT and Drew Brees. The Cardinals should follow that plan and take Reggie Bush and then Brady Quinn in the 2nd round. And say a prayer that Seattle isnt able to resign Hutchinson and offer him whatever he wants to be our LG next year.

But it also took Brees 4 years and newly drafted replacement to start playing good. There really is no quick fix in drafting a QB, they need developement time.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan