10 thoughts - Dolphins game

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 – The best thing about the game was to see the connection Murray-to-Harrison, but really, it was almost more relief than joy. I pray they can keep it up and build on it.

2 – First time in three seasons (more than 1000 days) that the Cardinals win two in a row.

3 – Don’t trade Budda Baker. Please, Mr. Monti. In fact, sign him to a long-term contract instead. He is the heart and soul of the defense, and without him it would have been much worse.

4 – Trey McBride is a bonafide superstar.

5 – Is there a kicker battle brewing?

6 – Due to the safety of my blood pressure, I got to believe that they will hire some sort of consultant to Nick Rallis before next season. Gannon’s former mentors, George Edwards and Jerry Gray, come to mind. Hey, Bill Belichick is available and has relationships with both Gannon and Ossenfort! Or If Matt Eberflus is fired in Chicago (he has been dead man walking for more than one season), or Gannon’s best bud, Brandon Staley, don’t like San Francisco. They both have clear connections to Gannon. Just do something.

7 – Jalen Thompson is having an under-the-radar very good season.

8 – I don’t understand the frequent substitution of Isaiah Adams for Trystan Colon at right guard during games. Everyone says that cohesiveness is key to the offensive line, so why mess with it?

(Edito… well, me: And when coming to post this column, I see that @BACH has covered this exact topic. :rolleyes:;) The thing is, though, that I have already deleted the rest of the thoughts I wrote down, and my memory sucks, so I have to let this stay in order to comply with the 10-thoughts rule).

Link to Bach’s great analysis: Offense and O-line analysis - week 8 | Arizona Sports Fans Forum

9 – The game could still be going on, and the Cards would not yet have gotten any pressure on Tagovailoa.

10 – Now that Harrison woke up, my man Dortch had to find other ways to impact the game. Great special teams play on downing that punt.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
#8. I think they're giving Adams game experience because they view him as a starting guard either this year or next. Makes sense to me to give him small doses of game experience with minimal disruption to our offensive line. He's a beast in the run game.

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
1 – The best thing about the game was to see the connection Murray-to-Harrison, but really, it was almost more relief than joy. I pray they can keep it up and build on it.

2 – First time in three seasons (more than 1000 days) that the Cardinals win two in a row.

3 – Don’t trade Budda Baker. Please, Mr. Monti. In fact, sign him to a long-term contract instead. He is the heart and soul of the defense, and without him it would have been much worse.

4 – Trey McBride is a bonafide superstar.

5 – Is there a kicker battle brewing?

6 – Due to the safety of my blood pressure, I got to believe that they will hire some sort of consultant to Nick Rallis before next season. Gannon’s former mentors, George Edwards and Jerry Gray, come to mind. Hey, Bill Belichick is available and has relationships with both Gannon and Ossenfort! Or If Matt Eberflus is fired in Chicago (he has been dead man walking for more than one season), or Gannon’s best bud, Brandon Staley, don’t like San Francisco. They both have clear connections to Gannon. Just do something.

7 – Jalen Thompson is having an under-the-radar very good season.

8 – I don’t understand the frequent substitution of Isaiah Adams for Trystan Colon at right guard during games. Everyone says that cohesiveness is key to the offensive line, so why mess with it?

(Edito… well, me: And when coming to post this column, I see that @BACH has covered this exact topic. :rolleyes:;) The thing is, though, that I have already deleted the rest of the thoughts I wrote down, and my memory sucks, so I have to let this stay in order to comply with the 10-thoughts rule).

Link to Bach’s great analysis: Offense and O-line analysis - week 8 | Arizona Sports Fans Forum

9 – The game could still be going on, and the Cards would not yet have gotten any pressure on Tagovailoa.

10 – Now that Harrison woke up, my man Dortch had to find other ways to impact the game. Great special teams play on downing that punt.
3- budda is such a physical player and great role model- it's going to be a tough off season, but push comes to shove- I don't think the majority of our salary cap on our defense being tied into 2 safeties has worked out well for us. We need a more rounded defense/front 7

6- if you are implying that rallis is a bad defensive coordinator- I respectfully disagree- there is no man out there that can make this roster a decent defensive unit. Just not enough talent.

8- if this eventually leads to Isiah Adams getting the experience he needs to lock up the guard position, I'm all for it

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Rallis?? Really??

Dude is making chicken soup out of chicken shyte...why would anyone be down on him??
We were underpowered before the injuries to our top young pass rusher and our first round pick....then the others...

Folks need to be inviting Nick Rallis to their wedding. Not poo talking him on the internet

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
Harrison is still a rookie so we should expect a learning curve. Yesterday was impressive. On the radio today they talked about WR reading the defensive and deciding what route to run. Then Kyler needs to make the same decision. hopefully our young receivers will continue to improve. I did like the deeper throws over the middle. I have been waiting years for that to happen.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
#5 - I hope there's not a kicker battle brewing. I hope Ryland keeps being lights out and never gives the job back. Ryland is 15 years younger and already looks like he might be a steal of a pick up for us. Prater is in the last year of his contract, and I'd be perfectly fine with them keeping him on IR rest of the year and moving on to Ryland.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan