Charlotte @ Phoenix - Game Thread - March 7, 2007 - 7:00 pm

sunsfn

Reaction score
Bobcats-Suns Preview

Charlotte (22-39) at Phoenix (46-14)

Following a win in which their normally up-tempo offense was sluggish, the Phoenix Suns look to play with more energy on Wednesday as they try to remain perfect against the Charlotte Bobcats.

Owners of the highest-scoring offense in the league at 110.5 points per game, the Suns (46-14) struggled with their aggressiveness in a 99-94 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday. They had 16 turnovers and 17 assists, their fewest this season with Steve Nash in the lineup.
"We just didn't have a lot of mojo," said Nash, who had 23 points and 10 assists. "We never really found a lot. We just kind of hung in there and made enough plays when it counted I guess."

Phoenix has never had any problem playing with enthusiasm against Charlotte, though, winning all five meetings in convincing fashion. The Suns are averaging 119.0 points on 50.6 percent shooting against the Bobcats (22-39), defeating them by an average of 15.8 points.
They beat them 114-84 on Dec. 10 as Phoenix blew the game open by outscoring Charlotte by 27 points in the second half. Suns starting forward Boris Diaw had 17 points, seven rebounds and six assists in that game, and could return to the lineup Wednesday after missing nine games with back spasms.

Shawn Marion returned to action against the Lakers, scoring 13 points and grabbing 12 rebounds after missing two games with a right hand contusion.
"It was good to get Shawn Marion back even though he wasn't particularly sharp," Phoenix coach Mike D'Antoni said. "It will be good to get Boris Diaw back. Right now we are just slogging away through the mud, which is better to do now and start regrouping."
Marion had 14 points and nine rebounds against Charlotte earlier this season, and is averaging 23.0 points and 12.8 boards in five games against them.

The Suns are 7-1 since Nash returned from a shoulder injury following the All-Star break after going just 1-3 without him. Phoenix has won 21 of its last 23 games at US Airways Center with Nash in the lineup, and that doesn't bode well for the road-weary Bobcats.

Charlotte has lost the first five games of a season-high six-game trip, and nine of its last 10 away from home. The Bobcats fell 120-95 to Utah on Monday to drop a season-high sixth straight game following a season-high four-game winning streak.
Rarely have the games been close during the skid as Charlotte has been outscored by an average of 18.0 points.
The Bobcats allowed the Jazz to shoot 56.2 percent and their defensive struggles have been their biggest problem during the losing streak. Opponents are shooting 51.4 percent from the floor, including 44.3 percent from 3-point range in the six games.
"The problem is getting stops on the other side," Bobcats coach Bernie Bickerstaff said. "Everybody is focusing on the offensive end -- where we're having our problems is on the defensive end."
Gerald Wallace scored 33 points on 13-of-19 shooting Monday, but had just six points and shot 2-for-9 against Phoenix earlier this season.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just want us to finish out the season healthy. Considering all the injuries we have had with players missing multiple games (Steve Nash, Kurt Thomas, Raja Bell, Shawn Marion, Boris Diaw) we are in pretty good shape. We just need the team to stay healthy down the stretch and get into a groove come playoff time.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Here's hoping Abomb converts from the Lakers to the Suns tonight.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
After the game is over on FSN Arizona keep it on FSN Arizona for the Washington vs ASU game in the Pac 10 tournament.

GO DEVILS

GO SUNS

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We need to beat CHA tonight to temporarily give them the 3rd worst record in the league (they're in a 3 way tie with ATL & Milwaukee).

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in a catered Suite for this game. I am really looking forward to it :)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in a catered Suite for this game. I am really looking forward to it :)

Sweet. My company is going to give out the same thing for corporate suites 8 more times this season. I got one earlier. I am hoping to score another one soon!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This team has nothing to win and everything to lose with this game. They had better blow the Bobcats out of the water

TJ

Reaction score
Wow....the Suns have seriously lost their luster.

CAn you say "1st round exit in the playoffs?"

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
How embarassing to be only up by 3 points to the freakin' Bobcats at half on home court... Gave up 9 offensive rebounds!! Voskuhl an all star???

mribnik

Reaction score
I don't think Amare quite understood the warning coach D gave about getting more technicals.

TJ

Reaction score
no kidding....I cant tell which team is supposed to be the elite team

TJ

Reaction score
this whole damn team deserves to get suspended

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I need to get something off my chest

BARBOSA YOU TOOL, STOP KICKING THE DAMN BALL OUT.....CAN YOU PASS INSIDE AT ALL????? WHEN YOU HAVE A LAY UP DO NOT KICK THE BALL OUT TO A THREE. THERE ARE OTHERS THINGS IN BASKETBALL BESIDES 3 POINT GOALS.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I need to get something off my chest

BARBOSA YOU TOOL, STOP KICKING THE DAMN BALL OUT.....CAN YOU PASS INSIDE AT ALL????? WHEN YOU HAVE A LAY UP DO NOT KICK THE BALL OUT TO A THREE. THERE ARE OTHERS THINGS IN BASKETBALL BESIDES 3 POINT GOALS.
Don't you mean Diaw?