Charlotte @ Phoenix - Game Thread - March 7, 2007 - 7:00 pm

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
nash -42 mins, raja -41 and marion -45. Why does your coach play everybody so much? Nash i can understand...the rest not so much surely your reserves can spell more than 3 and 7 mins?
Because they were trying to win a close game? Honestly Marion had two games off last week so he has had rest recently.

that's just dumb. it's plainly obvious that the suns haven't played very well tonight, and saying something like that is just inflammatory ********.

geez, ya get one good team in your franchise's history....
I agree. To the Mavs fans a win is a win is a win. Enjoy setting records now because you will be hurt once again in the playoffs.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to play you guys. . if this is the best you got. . . you're in for it.

LMAO. You can't wait and we could care less. Be careful what you wish for. Amare didn't play the entire second half. You seem to be under the illusion that the regular season best record equals title. We know that better then anyone it doesn't. In fact you don't even have to have a winning record against the elite....just ask the Heat. You guys have done nothing but get bounced 2 years ago and stage one of the biggest choke jobs in NBA finals history. Sit down and wait your turn to get smacked.

P.S. Nash = MVP.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wondering. It would seem like Pat Burke could match up with Voskuhl. I'm wondering why the Suns did not try it? This would have seemed to be a good game to give it a try early after Amare went out.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wondering. It would seem like Pat Burke could match up with Voskuhl. I'm wondering why the Suns did not try it? This would have seemed to be a good game to give it a try early after Amare went out.

I am surprised Pat didn't get off the bench as well. Especially when it was obvious Kurt was a step slow.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
Never thought I'd ask such a question but is anybody besides me really disgusted with Amare? So much for all that newfound maturity he's supposedly developed over the past year. Two techs in one game, putting him at 14, and he knows very well what the repercussions might be. He's right behind Rasheed, and that's almost unbelievable. The one call might have been questionable -- sending the ball into the crowd was automatic.

Somebody asked earlier and I don't recall seeing an answer: Do the tech count and suspensions carry over into the playoffs?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never thought I'd ask such a question but is anybody besides me really disgusted with Amare? So much for all that newfound maturity he's supposedly developed over the past year. Two techs in one game, putting him at 14, and he knows very well what the repercussions might be. He's right behind Rasheed, and that's almost unbelievable. The one call might have been questionable -- sending the ball into the crowd was automatic.

Somebody asked earlier and I don't recall seeing an answer: Do the tech count and suspensions carry over into the playoffs?

Amare has been pretty hot headed lately when calls have been going against him. He was having an good game too. Amare seems like he has had this chip on his shoulder lately. Hopefully, this is a wake up call to get himself in check.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
After Amare does get his 16, how many more T's until the next suspension?

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Last night the Spurs were 7 behind the Blazers with 2 1/2 minutes and then won by 5. Since this was a close game against a bad team, do they have to give it back? :p

Obviously the losing Amare to two technicals was a huge loss to the Suns. It is hard to imagine it would have been very close if he had played the rest of the second half. As it was, the Bobcats simply packed the paint and dared the Suns to shoot three pointers. The Suns hit 50% of them (including some great shooting in overtime), but threes are inconsistant. It seemed like at least a third of their misses were "in and out".

Diaw had a nice game considering how long he's been out. He had 5 rebounds and 3 assists in 20 minutes.

From a strategy standpoint, it seemed like D'Antoni was going to gamble that the Suns three point shooting would make up for a lack of inside offense. Perhaps using Burke would have been useful, but 19 made threes is not bad.

Voskuhl certainly played better than he did as a Sun. It looks like he's done some weight lifting. I always thought he was too soft when playing for the Suns.

Morrison was very impressive, but his season stats suggest he's rather inconsistent. Unfortunately, the Suns don't have an attack the basket wing to take advanatage of his lack of speed

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was a strange game. We played a good portion of the 4th quarter with Marion at the 5 which is flat silly. Only by the fact he played amazing defense in the late 4th and overtime were we able to win (6 huge blocks for Shawn).

The new D'Antoni all time shorty lineup is:

PG-Nash
SG-Barbosa
SF-Bell
PF-Jr
C-Marion

Marion is the tallest player there at 6'7". Adam Morrison was guarded by Barbosa for much of the night.

The Bobcats sat in a zone and invited the Suns to shoot. They shot 50% from 3 so the amount of threes was definitely not the problem. The problem was the points off turnovers in which the Bobcats had like 22.

I couldn't tell what Amare got his two technicals for, but one of the refs had a real quick whistle tonight.

Diaw was very disappointing...again. He acts like he is playing hot potato with the basketball. I know it was his first game back from injury, but getting the big donut on the scoreboard when Amare is out is unexcusable.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
After Amare does get his 16, how many more T's until the next suspension?

I just found the answers to your question -- and mine -- in an article about Rasheed:

"He was whistled for a technical foul in the third quarter, his 16th of the season. Under the league's new technical-foul rules, that meant he would be suspended for one game.........Wallace became the first player to be suspended under the new rules, and he will receive another suspension for every second technical foul he receives the rest of the regular season. The slate is wiped clean for the playoffs."

HooverDam

Reaction score
My Mom and I were having dinner at Fate tonight (great Chinese food on 4th st and Roosevelt) and on our way out some guy said "you guys want a pair of free Suns tickets." So my Mom and I got into the game for free, up in the nose bleed, but it was still a good time- even though the Suns played pretty crappy.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheesiest pick up line ever while in the suite.

40 something woman-Excuse me, do you have a camera phone?

Chris-Yes, why?

40 something woman-Would you take a picture of my sons and then send it to my phone?

Chris-Umm...sure.

*click*

Chris-What's the number?

40 something woman-gives number

40 something friend-Giving out your phone number again?

40 something woman smiling at me-Yes I am.

40 something woman proceeds to take pictures of sons with her phone. 40 something woman keeps trying to chat me up during Suns game. :p

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
and what makes you think we'll do such a thing. We obviously didnt turn it on when we played our biggest rival, the Lakers.

As it stands, the Mavericks will eat us alive

for starters, id say we have a lot greater rivalry with the mavs than the La kobes. not only are we the best two teams in the league, but we have the 2 top contenders for the mvp with us.

secondly, what makes me think we will do such a thing? well hmm, i dont know. maybe the fact that our last game ended with a buzzer-beater from nowitzki to win the game. not only did we contend with them the whole way through the game but we gave ourselves a chance to win at the end. that game could have gone either way.

finally, who is to say the mavs play such a stellar game against us. i mean, they almost lost to memphis earlier ( i know almost doesnt count but still...), they have had some of the same problems that we have had, and even the other night against the cavs they played very poor basketball and won the game because LeBron missed two wide open threes.

as far as i can tell, its an even matchup.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Right now, i think your right

The Mavs would never let a team like the Bobcats get this close to beating them

I suppose the Spurs would be better then the Suns now?

Oh yeah, the Spurs lost both their games to the Bobcats. What say you now?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just found the answers to your question -- and mine -- in an article about Rasheed:

"He was whistled for a technical foul in the third quarter, his 16th of the season. Under the league's new technical-foul rules, that meant he would be suspended for one game.........Wallace became the first player to be suspended under the new rules, and he will receive another suspension for every second technical foul he receives the rest of the regular season. The slate is wiped clean for the playoffs."

Many thanks for the information. :thumbup:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually the Spurs split with the Bobcats.

Lakers lost both games to the Bobcats.

One a triple freaking overtime. Overtime has not been kind to the Lakers this year...we've played a ton of them and lost a lot. Bunch of multiple OT periods, too.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One a triple freaking overtime. Overtime has not been kind to the Lakers this year...we've played a ton of them and lost a lot. Bunch of multiple OT periods, too.

A loss is a loss any way you slice it!! :D

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A loss is a loss any way you slice it!! :D

I personally hate losing overtime games more than anything else...one of the things that really makes me angry. Always have, even when playing in them. I take OT losses about 400 times harder than getting blown out...they angrify me (yes, I made that word up.) About 200 times worse than losing by 1 point in regulation.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Just like some of the good teams occasionally drop one to a crappy team, the Bobcats seem to have the reverse going. They lose to other crappy teams, but have beaten some top teams this year. In addition to the aforementioned Lakers twice and San Antonio, they have beaten Detroit twice, Cleveland, Chicago, and Utah. They also played even with Dallas until the last two minutes of their first meeting.

mribnik

Reaction score
Just like some of the good teams occasionally drop one to a crappy team, the Bobcats seem to have the reverse going. They lose to other crappy teams, but have beaten some top teams this year. In addition to the aforementioned Lakers twice and San Antonio, they have beaten Detroit twice, Cleveland, Chicago, and Utah. They also played even with Dallas until the last two minutes of their first meeting.

True, but they didn't even have Okafor last night.