Chiefs 14 Cards 17: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, that staunches the bleeding. We're 7-0 at home which is pretty damned impressive. Well, here it goes.

The Good

A Win-For a while it looked like this team was toast. On the Charles run, I never saw so many half assed tackling efforts in all my life. But the defense regrouped(even though KC had a long TD drive later in the half) and clamped down and did their job.

7-0 At Home-I've been a fan of this team for a long time and I don't ever think this team was 7-0 at home. At least to my recollection.

Kerwynn Williams-Where has this guy been? First 100 yard rusher since...I need someone to remind me because I don't remember.

2nd Half Defense-Shut down KC in the 2nd half and made a game changing turnover and a game sealing turnover in crunch time. That and they held Charles to about 28 yards aside from the 63 yard run.

10 Wins-First time this team has had double digit wins in back to back seasons since 1975-76.

The Bad

Timeout Management-I know Andy Reid was across the field but did we have to manage our timeouts like he does? Thankfully we held onto one long enough or that review/turnover late would never have happened.

Charles' 63 Yard Run-Worst example of how to tackle someone that I've ever seen. Dan Williams was especially pathetic on that run as he seemed to just bump him with his chest instead of getting his arms on him.

Long 3rd Down Conversions-Happened a lot in the first half, especially on KC's 2nd TD drive. You simply cannot let a team who has 3rd and 19 to get a first down and expect to win.

Red Zone Play Calling-We mix run and pass to get there. 1st and goal on the 8. 1st play, Stanton rolls right, no one open, runs for 3 yards. 2nd play. Stanton rolls right...and if he kept on going he moonwalks into the endzone but instead he throws a screen left that loses 4 yards. Then a sack and near fumble. I swore Whiz was calling plays on that.

The Ugly

Chandler Catanzaro-Ugh. He started off well this season but he quickly morphed into Neil Rackers and is heading into Neil O'Donahue territory. Next is Novo Bojovic territory followed by *shudder* John Lee.

That's it. Short week to play a very hot Ram team.

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Good
+ Okafor: guy is gonna be a stud for us. Sack, fumble, will look good paired across the field with Beasley next year :D

The Bad/getting really ugly
+ Refs bailing us out: I don't care if I'm one of the bigger Cards homers around, that was a bailout call for us. Even if it was a fumble, it was not clear enough especially given that Kelce (btw, he seems like a pompous douche everytime he kicks his legs out after getting tackled) was down on his back when the ball came loose. At best, it should have been an incomplete
+ Patrick "I always give up on plays" Peterson. Is it just me or does this guy NEVER play until the final whistle. He is either glancing at the scoreboard, jogging in motion, or in the case today, totally loses his receiver on that broken play because he thinks the play is over. If you're the highest paid corner in the league, you better give it full effort until the fat lady sings and bellows.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+ Refs bailing us out: I don't care if I'm one of the bigger Cards homers around, that was a bailout call for us. Even if it was a fumble, it was not clear enough especially given that Kelce (btw, he seems like a pompous douche everytime he kicks his legs out after getting tackled) was down on his back when the ball came loose. At best, it should have been an incomplete

First off it was CLEARLY loose when being tackled and no view showed him regaining control. Easy call on replay. Second, wtf are you talking about incomplete? He had caught it and ran for like 20 yards before getting the ball jarred loose and losing it on the ground.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

I disagree with this. It wasn't really easy to see, but that ball came loose well before he was down and was ultimately a good call to overturn it.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard to watch the offense today. Run really well and then throw for backwards plays. Ugh.

Play calling was all over the place today

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
technically no

We were on a 2 game losing streak and were looking bad in the process. Care to amend that? If we had lost today the season would have been toast. This was IMO a very important game for us. I shudder at the thought of the final 3 games had we lost today. It's bad enough I'm scared crapless of the Rams right now.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We were on a 2 game losing streak and were looking bad in the process. Care to amend that? If we had lost today the season would have been toast. This was IMO a very important game for us. I shudder at the thought of the final 3 games had we lost today. It's bad enough I'm scared crapless of the Rams right now.

I doubt that there was a game this season, that some poster wasn't "scared crapless" about. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05