Chris Berman Is Horrible

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Come on he blatantly on two different occasion called out completely wrong names. While the name players were still in during first half. He was engaged form the get go! :D

Is that on Berman? Don't the networks have spotters who give the announcers the names? I know they used to because i've known several people who worked as spotters for football games.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Berman and Dilfer were terrible.

They were painfully awkward together. Neither had any personality or a good play-bu-play or color voice either. It sounded like two stiffs in the stands talking about the game.

I agree too that the "Jonathan Skelton" was annoying as hell.

I was sitting there wondering if that is even his name, not everyone named john is jonathan.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Berman stunk it up bad, he made so many mistakes with player names that I lost count of them and it is not like he has any worthwhile football knowledge to compensate for that. Heck, on one play he got Fitzgerald's first name wrong...Larry freaking Fitzgerald's first name.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Berman made a few mistakes but for a rookie commentator I thought he did great
Like me, Garth and JHolt, Boomer's getting a bit long in tooth and a somewhat erratic with names, teams and facts.

He was pretty lame out there, but I still love him.

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Berman was entertaining back in the early 90s. However his stick has become stale and ESPN has become a joke.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Berman was entertaining back in the early 90s. However his stick has become stale and ESPN has become a joke.
"Stick" is the big thing Teddy Roosevelt wanted you to carry while you walked quietly.

"Schtick" is the special aspect of an act that makes an entertainer unique.

Last edited:

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
He is doing Chargers-Raiders next Monday. My God, he might blow a gasket with all the catch phrases he has queued up for that game.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He is an idiot, on that play by the Raiders over the middle. The receiver gets rocked by Ingram, the ball goes flying out into a Chargers defender's hands. Berman said NOTHING, it was dead air! He was probably looking up the receiver's name. Whatever it was he took a very exciting play and made it the most boring call ever.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'd love to talk more about Ingram,

We made a horrible mistake picking Floyd. Did he even get a target yesterday? I know he had a 5 yard penalty.

I am in no way dissing his potential.... I just hate what we did with our only pick in the first 2 rounds. He's our #4 receiver!

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I'd love to talk more about Ingram,

We made a horrible mistake picking Floyd. Did he even get a target yesterday? I know he had a 5 yard penalty.

I am in no way dissing his potential.... I just hate what we did with our only pick in the first 2 rounds. He's our #4 receiver!

Yep

We still don't have a legit threat of the edge! Kendall Wright would've made so much more sense if we wanted a WR.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05