Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dansby
Davis
Okeafor
James (at this point most likely)
B. Johnson
Ross

Bolded for emphasis. It is not necessarily James' fault, but I am sure that he gets some blame because of the swagger that was brought in.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Calvin Pace

Linebacker Calvin Pace

“Going home and laying low. Just relaxing and getting my mind off football because it really isn’t healthy to think about football everyday of the week.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Rackers maybe? He's missed some crucial FG's this season and players usually have no respect for kickers who can't make those type of kicks. He's prob not a bad apple but there could be some bad blood behind closed doors

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have no leaders in the lockerroom, as evidenced by the on-field play. We dont have the "Ray Lewis" type that would whoop your ass if you give a half-hearted effort.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what Berry said.

"There are a lot guys in the locker room that just don't like each other," Berry said. "And I'll be honest, I feel that way about certain people. There are certain people that I don't really care to be around. . . . At the end of the day I don't want to hang out with these people. I just don't. Because I don't like them. I don't like their attitude. I don't like their approach to the game and I don't like their actions on the field."

My guess would be:

Rolle
maybe Dockett or Dansby

guys who run their mouth or don't take the game seriously enough

Last edited:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I was thinking about this very issue after i heard Berry's quotes on Mike and Mike:

Here is my guess -

Davis - Biggest offender. Highly paid. low production and work ethic. All about CTC

Dansby - Very cocky. (witness yesterdays quote about being better at half speed than most at 100%) Doesn't like to practice

Rolle - I hate to admit this but i think he turns people off with running his mouth and not producing

BJ - Paid alot for little production

Okeafor - This is my cousins thought. Says he was divisive in Seattle and now is doing so here.

I would like to say i don't think James is the problem at all. If anything he sounds a little defeated. I really feel bad for the guy. And if we are good next year it is his"locker room" influenced that will be championed as part of the cause.

Davis needs to be gone immediatly. I think he is the biggest problem. The others can be massaged by the right coach.

My biggest wish. Leinart becomes the guy that starts getting in peoples faces next season. Thats the only way i could see a Carroll hire work...if everyone follows Matts lead.

So I gotta ask you guys. Hearing todays comments made me realze we are destined to get the first pick. The entire team has quit. So with the three best prospects being a QB (Quinn) RB (Peterson) and WR (Calvin Johnson) is it inevitable we trade down with a team that needs a QB? Or do we draft Peterson? (theres no circumstance i see the other guys getting drafted). I guess this really just depends on the coach.

BOBBY PETRINO IN 07!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Here is what Berry said.

My guess would be:

Rolle
maybe Dockett or Dansby

I heard Dockett on ESPN Radio last week and he was saying the same thing as what Berry said. Said there are a lot of guys who don't care about winning and have badd attitudes. Aslo said they don't buy into Denny's system and style of coaching.

However, I believe Dockett is part of the problem in the locker room. I haven't heard many good things and he makes so many stupid mistakes I could see him getting on the bad sides of some people. Like when he refused to line up against Larry Allen in the first game of the season...... Whoever the other DT was at the time forced him to get in his stance.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what Berry said.

My guess would be:

Rolle
maybe Dockett or Dansby

Dockett would definitely be a guess. Remember the comment from Jeremy Green, "he plays the game for all the wrong reasons." That said, Jeremy predicted he wouldn't be here much longer, and we just extended him, so hopefully that means his attitude improved.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
okeafor is a hard worker, but a strange dude - he has mystical crystals and his approach to life isn't the same as most football guys - some buy into it and enjoy him, others think he's a flake - his hard work will keep people in spirits when producing / winning - however, he does think that his way is better than others and is willing to say as much, which can be very devisive when things go wrong

dansby reminds me exactly of anthony simmons - which is a shame

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ah yes I remember the days of Simeon Rice & Thomas Jones coming out of the tunnel together at Sun Devil Stadium & wondering even then, "what the heck are they talking about & why are they so far away from the rest of the squad?"

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what Berry said.

My guess would be:

Rolle
maybe Dockett or Dansby

Why Rolle? He says the right things and works his ass off. Getting beat isn't someone who doesn't try. Berry's calling out people who aren't giving it their best and don't care about losing. It is documented that Rolle hates this losing and was quoted in an article with Boldin about being very upset.

Dansby most definitely. Dockett maybe but he also is one who is very frustrated with the losing, though he seems to play for his girl in the stands quite often. Chike maybe..he had locker room issues in Seattle. Calvin Pace obviously with the quote in this thread is exactly the kind of stuff that Berry is talking about. BJ maybe, but from what is shown of him on miked segments and in Qtip he seems to be a talker in a good way, not a bad...a guy who keeps guys spirits up and is liked by others in the lockerroom. Ross and Davis half ass it, but I don't know if Berry is referencing Davis..if he is, good. It seems to me that Davis does not have the heart of a champion.

There are a lot of guys on this team...we can't even begin to understand really what it is like behind closed doors when no cameras are on. It would be nice to be a fly on that wall, but I bet we'd throw up to see it.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
I dont think Dockett is a problem

I base this on the "Q" standard:

I am guessing that Q isnt going to put up with anybody who doesnt want to win like he does -- and he and Dockett get along

I can see Dansby turning some guys off though--

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Q and Dockett were college teamates and have been around each other along time. He's prob learned to deal with him

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My suspect list:

#1 - Leonard Davis
#2 - Dansby
#3 - Arrington
#4 - Huff
#5 - Pace
#6 - Ross

The Shark

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why Rolle? He says the right things and works his ass off. Getting beat isn't someone who doesn't try. Berry's calling out people who aren't giving it their best and don't care about losing. It is documented that Rolle hates this losing and was quoted in an article with Boldin about being very upset.

Dansby most definitely. Dockett maybe but he also is one who is very frustrated with the losing, though he seems to play for his girl in the stands quite often. Chike maybe..he had locker room issues in Seattle. Calvin Pace obviously with the quote in this thread is exactly the kind of stuff that Berry is talking about. BJ maybe, but from what is shown of him on miked segments and in Qtip he seems to be a talker in a good way, not a bad...a guy who keeps guys spirits up and is liked by others in the lockerroom. Ross and Davis half ass it, but I don't know if Berry is referencing Davis..if he is, good. It seems to me that Davis does not have the heart of a champion.

There are a lot of guys on this team...we can't even begin to understand really what it is like behind closed doors when no cameras are on. It would be nice to be a fly on that wall, but I bet we'd throw up to see it.

I agree with you on Rolle.

From what I saw at training camp, Rolle and Berry were very much on the same page. Time and time again they would run up to each other and bump chests, etc... But, then again, losing does strange things to people.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Think about the guys we have on this team that were from losing or less-than-competitive programs. Davis never one anything when he was in Texas. Pace came from perrennial doormat Wake Forest. I wouldn't be surprised if Adrian Wilson (whom I love as maybe the most talented player on our defense) plays more for himself than for the team wins. Obviously Reggie Wells ended up at a crappy program in college for a reason.

I think that like Albert Haynesworth, Karlos Dansby is a player that needs to be "managed" by veteran members of the team and can't be depended upon to be a leader, but I think that there are a couple of those guys on every roster and they're fine as long as they're good enough to keep around despite the distractions.

Antrel is a problem because he's bad on the field, but I think that he can't really help that. I wonder also if maybe David Macklin is a problem. His absence has really hurt this team.

OP
OP
100%CardsFan

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
Wilson is NOT the problem K9, He is a very strong team player, He WANTS the Cardinals to be winners, After the Bears game he couldnt sleep while his wife was laying in bed crying. I know Wilson is a team player. Now Dockett on the other hand I have heard from some people in the Cards orginization isnt so personable in the locker room.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think about the guys we have on this team that were from losing or less-than-competitive programs. Davis never one anything when he was in Texas. Pace came from perrennial doormat Wake Forest. I wouldn't be surprised if Adrian Wilson (whom I love as maybe the most talented player on our defense) plays more for himself than for the team wins. Obviously Reggie Wells ended up at a crappy program in college for a reason.

I think that like Albert Haynesworth, Karlos Dansby is a player that needs to be "managed" by veteran members of the team and can't be depended upon to be a leader, but I think that there are a couple of those guys on every roster and they're fine as long as they're good enough to keep around despite the distractions.

Antrel is a problem because he's bad on the field, but I think that he can't really help that. I wonder also if maybe David Macklin is a problem. His absence has really hurt this team.

In an article that came out about a month ago, the writer said that Denny was upset that he didn't blow up the team more than he did. That would seem to indicate the players that you pointed out (LD, Pace and perhaps Wilson), are the problem Berry is talking about.

The Shark

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No way on Rolle. Arrington is interesting tho. Bet he is pissed James is here. And that he averaged a hell of a lot more yardaged.

ChandlerCard

Now living in Scottsdale
Reaction score
Rolle may be a problem, but he's got to be frustrated, because he's almost been set up to fail. He can be an OK cornerback, but that waste's his skills that would be better put to use as a safety. Move him there in the offseason, give him the right coaching, and he will be walking the walk and probably would become a good leader for the team.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rolle may be a problem, but he's got to be frustrated, because he's almost been set up to fail. He can be an OK cornerback, but that waste's his skills that would be better put to use as a safety. Move him there in the offseason, give him the right coaching, and he will be walking the walk and probably would become a good leader for the team.

And put wilson at linebacker.