CKW stop talking to the media!!!!

AZCARDSFANATIC

Veteran
Reaction score
Heard him talk about the PP7 pick, and stated PP7 was not in the right place, but it was still a nice play anyhow and laughed. WTF stop throwing your players under the bus!!! Handle this in house. This is not the same extent, but similar to what he did with Leinart last year. PP7 is being scrutinized enough since he was not only the #5 pick, but considered(argueably) the most can't miss player in this draft. This further's CKW's reasoning for not starting him, guess he needed to tell everyone why he was doing this since people continue to question him as to why PP7 isn't starting.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Or maybe coach was pointing out that even though Peterson was in the wrong place, he was still able to make a tremendous play. Sounds like it could be taken as a good thing, based on his physical abilities.

Glass is half full!!!

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Peterson was where he was supposed to be but saw Rivers eyes locked on to the receiver and did some freelance work like Neon used too. I can get used to that, especially since everyone was running across the field in the same direction, except PP, who came back across the other way and took it to the house.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Peterson was where he was supposed to be but saw Rivers eyes locked on to the receiver and did some freelance work like Neon used too. I can get used to that, especially since everyone was running across the field in the same direction, except PP, who came back across the other way and took it to the house.

but understand this:

later in the game, PP was locked up man with Malcolm Floyd wide left. At the snap, he runs with Floyd, but then follows River's eyes and set and breaks off Floyd and went to Walters who was running a route underneath left.

Rivers ended up throwing in a different direction altogether -- but the result was Floyd running alone towards the endzone with nobody in sight.

Teams will notice this on film, and will design a play to take advantage of this. A simple pump fake would have left Floyd all by his lonesome and Rivers probably could have thrown a TD with his left hand if he wanted.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It looks like the receiver that Peterson was supposed to guard was on a Go route. It sounds like Whisenhunt was saying he was supposed to be playing man there. If that's the case, he got very lucky.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
but understand this:

later in the game, PP was locked up man with Malcolm Floyd wide left. At the snap, he runs with Floyd, but then follows River's eyes and set and breaks off Floyd and went to Walters who was running a route underneath left.

Rivers ended up throwing in a different direction altogether -- but the result was Floyd running alone towards the endzone with nobody in sight.

Teams will notice this on film, and will design a play to take advantage of this. A simple pump fake would have left Floyd all by his lonesome and Rivers probably could have thrown a TD with his left hand if he wanted.

It looks like the receiver that Peterson was supposed to guard was on a Go route. It sounds like Whisenhunt was saying he was supposed to be playing man there. If that's the case, he got very lucky.
Word, I think the QBs like Rivers will burn him from time to time this year, with the pump fakes and the fake looks. He's gonna learn the hard way but I do see some big plays in his future to go along with the lessons.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
It irritates me that people still refer to him as PP7

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing to see here move along.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I thought that was a little weird, too, since this is not the first time I've heard a coach say negative things about the guy to the media.

Hopefully it's just a motivation tool because Peterson doesn't really seem like someone people wouldn't really like.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Heard him talk about the PP7 pick, and stated PP7 was not in the right place, but it was still a nice play anyhow and laughed.

Please. Two weeks ago Fitz said his one-handed-helmet-catch was because he messed up. He said he shouldn't have had to catch it like that and he was going to work to correct his mistake.

So Larry threw himself under the bus?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
chicken little.

His comment was fine, hes young, made a mistake but mistake turned into a touchdown so kudos. Nothing to see here.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
He sees Peterson (refuse to call him PP7 or PP21) score a TD and talking to Jodie Jackson on the sidelines. I think this is a way for him to say, "Hold on big guy. You are still a long ways off from being prepared. Don't forget you were out of position and being picked on all night. Now you're being pressed into service early. Get back to work."

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
I'm alright with it. Number one, PP needs to have his big boy pants on at this point and not expect he won't get called out if he does something wrong. If he continues to make mistakes the criticism he will face will be a hell of a lot worse than this. He was already getting called a bust by some trigger happy folks before this game. Welcome to the NFL. Don't live up to expectations (which are huge for this guy) you will get eaten alive.

Number two, all the accolades DRC received his rookie year are what turned him into a slacking idiot the following two years. We don't need to repeat that mistake.

OP
OP
A

AZCARDSFANATIC

Veteran
Reaction score
I am not saying Peterson shouldn't be kept in check, but CKW should't be talking about any player publically. CKW doesn't seemed to have learned from last years debacle. Keep your laundry in house.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not saying Peterson shouldn't be kept in check, but CKW should't be talking about any player publically. CKW doesn't seemed to have learned from last years debacle. Keep your laundry in house.

All coaches talk about players and what they do to the media every stinking day :shrug:

there was nothing wrong with what he said.