Clash of the Titans (remake)

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
$14 and two hours of my life wasted. What a pile of crap.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I was planning on taking my 12 year old to see it. He is really excited, but I am wondering if I should talk him out of seeing it or does it at least have some entertainment value??

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was planning on taking my 12 year old to see it. He is really excited, but I am wondering if I should talk him out of seeing it or does it at least have some entertainment value??

If you were planning on taking him and he is truly excited about it you should suck it up and take him. Not hard to please a 12 year old. Him enjoying it is worth the cost. JMO!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great movie that I must have watched 100 times as a kid.

I see no reason to remake it. Unless of course they decide to add more nude scenes!
:devil:

I'm sad to say I was massively disappointed with this one. My initial fear was realized. There was no reason to remake the original classic. The original had a great epic feel with the perfect amount of cheese.

While the overall plot of the current version was similar, they made way too many changes to the story. In fact the entire story didn't flow well at all. All of the great humor from the original was lost. The visual effects were distracting most of the time. IMO it was a steaming pile of dung and to top it off... zero nudity. :mad:

Save a few bucks and wait for it to come out on Cable.
dcr.gif

:biglaugh:

MCD is all about the Titans nudity.. :D

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Anything is worth going to with the kids. I took my son so in that reguard it was great. Entertainment wise the movie sucked but time with him was cool. We're now making plans for Ironman 2, the trailer looked pretty cool.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clash of the Titans (remake)

Release Date: April 1, 2010 (8pm, 3D/2D theaters)
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Louis Leterrier
Screenwriter: Travis Beacham, Phil Hay, Matt Manfredi
Genre: Action, Fantasy
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for fantasy action violence, some frightening images and brief sensuality)

Starring: Sam Worthington, Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes, Danny Huston, Gemma Arterton, Mads Mikkelsen, Jason Flemyng, Alexa Davalos, Izabella Miko, Nicholas Hoult, Pete Postlethwaite

Plot Summary: In "Clash of the Titans," the ultimate struggle for power pits men against kings and kings against gods. But the war between the gods themselves could destroy the world. Born of a god but raised as a man, Perseus (Sam Worthington) is helpless to save his family from Hades (Ralph Fiennes), vengeful god of the underworld. With nothing left to lose, Perseus volunteers to lead a dangerous mission to defeat Hades before he can seize power from Zeus (Liam Neeson) and unleash hell on earth. Leading a daring band of warriors, Perseus sets off on a perilous journey deep into forbidden worlds. Battling unholy demons and fearsome beasts, he will only survive if he can accept his power as a god, defy his fate and create his own destiny.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh. I have zero interest in seeing this. Sick of remakes. You can tell just from the poster images that it's not going to be like the original. No thanks.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can tell just from the poster images that it's not going to be like the original. No thanks.

like the original in what way? The crappy acting? The claymation like special effects? I saw this and it wasn't great by any means. But it is still 100 times better than the original. Which I loved as a kid but now is pretty near unwatchable.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm sad to say I was massively disappointed with this one. My initial fear was realized. There was no reason to remake the original classic. The original had a great epic feel with the perfect amount of cheese.

While the overall plot of the current version was similar, they made way too many changes to the story. In fact the entire story didn't flow well at all. All of the great humor from the original was lost. The visual effects were distracting most of the time. IMO it was a steaming pile of dung and to top it off... zero nudity. :mad:

Save a few bucks and wait for it to come out on Cable.
dcr.gif

Eh, I enjoyed it. I thought it was fun and I wasn't looking for a ton of cheese. Thankfully, I didn't get it.

The original was fun, but only because it was funny while trying to be serious. If the re-make had been funny while trying to be serious, it would have been an epic fail to me.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
like the original in what way? The crappy acting? The claymation like special effects? I saw this and it wasn't great by any means. But it is still 100 times better than the original. Which I loved as a kid but now is pretty near unwatchable.

Spot on!

The remake is fun.... not great.... but fun 3 out of 5 stars.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Normally, since it took me this long to actually see the remake, I would have hated it, but I find myself embarassingly saying that I enjoyed it--totally DIDN'T expect that. It really wasn't a good movie, but certainly better than the original, which had it's charms, but was an abysmal film. I do like Sam Worthington and my god, I couldn't take my eyes off of both Gemma Atherton and Alexa Davalos. Especially Gemma. She was also one of the only real saving graces of Prince of Persia as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan