Cleveland @ Phoenix - Game Thread Thursday 1/11/2007 - 8:30 pm

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
While he was on the team I liked Bo the most because he seemed like an average good natured guy thrown into the mix with all these hyped up uber-athletes and he held his own through hustle. .

"Bo's playing somewhere" -- that somewhere is Orlando so we'll see him tonight. If he gets some playing time I'd expect a nice welcome from the crowd when he comes in.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It's not ridiculous at all. We're talking about the year he was a Burke-type fan favorite. By that time Bo didn't play in half the games, averaged only 5 minutes when he did play, averaged 1.4 rebounds per game and 0.3 blocks. He was a great guy and a lousy shooter -- that's one reason the fans always called for him to shoot.

Do you have some kind of personal war with me or do you just like to talk down to people?

Why would I have a personal war with you?

You say of Outlaw, "We're talking about the year he was a Burke-type fan favorite." I didn't know that's what "we" were talking about. In Outlaw's earlier stint with the Suns, he was already a fan favorite, but he was also a real player. You're talking about a guy who, during his best five-year stretch (1996-2001), started more often than not and averaged around 7.5 points (on shooting percentages in the high 50s), 6.5 rebounds, and nearly two blocks. He was already on the downside of his career when he first joined the Suns, but not by much.

I'll say it again: Outlaw blows Burke out of the water. If you want to interpret that as a personal attack, that's your business, but it doesn't make it any less true.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
I'll say it again: Outlaw blows Burke out of the water. If you want to interpret that as a personal attack, that's your business, but it doesn't make it any less true.

I'm fairly sure you know that the original discussion had nothing to do with Burke's career accomplishments vs. Bo's career accomplishments. After reading the post above I felt like my head was spinning. Then I realized that it was you doing the spinning.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'm fairly sure you know that the original discussion had nothing to do with Burke's career accomplishments vs. Bo's career accomplishments.

Of course it did. Burke is popular with fans because he is a clown and an everyman, who (legend has it) "works hard in practice." Outlaw was popular with fans because he worked hard on the court and, by virtue of that hard work, was a legitimate NBA player. Their career accomplishments are completely relevant.

Then I realized that it was you doing the spinning.

Hmm, my argument is contrived because you didn't take the time to understand it? You may want to try again.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser