Clippers at Suns Game Thread

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Marion was interviewed,
i can't understand anything that he said.

he was like rapping.
Better trade him. Suns need players who give good articulate interviews, not players who get 21 points, 17 rebounds, and 5 steals to help them win games...

:sarcasm:

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
so how many games has amare stayed under 5 fouls? its like clockwork every game as soon as he picks up his 3rd in the 2nd qtr he walks straight to the bench.

diaw seems to play just as good defense, minus the blocks, without picking up fouls. someones needs to get in amares head and fix this. he's been in the league too long for this to still be happening.

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
it was a good game
nice to see Diaw grabbing some boards
it was only matter of time LB had a cold night

Stargazer

Registered
Reaction score
My thoughts on the game:

1. I am absolutely loving Grant Hill on this team. 20 points on only 18 shots tonight, and it seemed that a lot of his scoring came during stretches when nobody else could get it going. I think what I like best, though, is that he WASN'T here last season. The rest of us, players and fans, almost seem resigned sometimes to seeing the team play outstanding ball during the season and then getting snake bit in the playoffs. It can get stale and get negative, and Hill brings a breath of fresh air. It's fun to see the team through his eyes. We're used to Nash, but when a hall of fame player comes in and says, "Wow," it's nice.

2. LB and Bell both played poorly tonight. No surprise with Bell, since he's just coming off an injury. If anything, I was actually pleasantly surprised that he was able to hit a few shots toward the end. LB worries me a bit, because I wonder if the drop off isn't due to moving him from starter to the bench. I would almost rather see him come off the bench, but then I also like him starting, so I'm torn.

3. I thought another decent night from Banks. His stat line was a complete blank -- not even a shot attempt -- but I'm ok with that if it means he wasn't hogging the ball, which he tends to do. He had a nice half-court bounce pass to Hill that Hill couldn't convert. Decent defensive effort, and the team made up the deficit at the start of the second while he was out there.

4. Nash's shooting is unreal. I'm not sure what is more impressive -- 35 ft's without a miss, or 53% from the 3 on 47 attempts? (Leading the lead in APG is old news . . . .)

5. 11-2 ties the best start ever for the Suns. That's a 70-win pace. I know that won't happen, but right now, it almost seems possible.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Funniest moment of the game--Eddie Johnson saying 4 or 5 times (in a 30 second space) how he really dislikes Sam Cassell.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I listened to the first half on the radio and it sounded ugly. It is encouraging that the team is able to come out in the third quarter, but this was not a good start against a team that has no business being competative.

The one main thing that encouraged me listening to the first half was the way Boris was playing as he finished the game with 11 rebounds. The Suns ended up with 52 rebounds to the Clippers 41. Tim Thomas had just 2.

In the first half Kamen looked great early, but as the game went on he faded and finished shooting only 6 of 18. As with Yao, it is very hard for the typical center to sustain the pace for four quarters.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
Grant Hill jamming home Marion's miss was UNBELIEVABLE. Not that he gave it the two handed flush, but he let out a huge yell. Marion just stared at him. Watch the replay. I watched it 10 or 15 times.