Clippers Goal: Keep us under 120

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I got a real kick out of the following from an article:

Phoenix is 5-0 when scoring at least 100 points in this postseason.

"Keeping them under 100 points is how the Lakers won," Brand said. "I don't know if it's possible for us, but we definitely need to keep it under 120."

-----------

This speaks volumes. The Clipps just seem to lack the cockiness that the Lakers had...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Absolute Zero said:

"Keeping them under 100 points is how the Lakers won," Brand said. "I don't know if it's possible for us, but we definitely need to keep it under 120."

-----------

This speaks volumes. The Clipps just seem to lack the cockiness that the Lakers had...

I thought that was a little sad, when your best player says that they need to keep us under 120. Do they actually expect to outscore us if we've hit 115? Or even 110? I find that difficult to believe.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolute Zero said:

It's becoming more apparant to me that you guys are going to walk over these guys like they aren't even there.

They gave their best effort to play your game and failed miserably.

I can't believe I'm rooting for the suns

reader

Veteran
Reaction score
I thought it must have been really demoralizing for the Clippers to play as well as they did and still lose. It puts so many questions into their game, can they shoot 60% again, can Brand shoot 40 on 18/22, can they limit the Suns to only 3 more fast break points than they got? If you think they played a great offensive game, can they one-up themselves? It could be hard to do.

Djaughe

Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
It's becoming more apparant to me that you guys are going to walk over these guys like they aren't even there.

lol...:thumbup:

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:

Welcome to the bright side!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DeAnna said:
Welcome to the bright side!

It's only for the moment. I'm rooting for the Suns so the Clipper "fans" can go back to cheering for the Lakers. :D

All except for Malcom in the Middle...he can rot with that team when they lose all their good players and keep his "career" in the spotlight at Clipper games.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well of course were not going to score 120 plus every game of this series, but their is no way Brand will go 15-18 from the field every game of this series eaither. I think if we can get to 105 plus most of this series the suns can win in 6 LETS GO SUNS

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Absolute Zero said:
Problem is, that's the Suns' goal in defending the Clippers, too. :(

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Looks like they (the clippers) are going to reach this goal tonight. Lousy performance by the suns. :(

saxmanager

Reaction score
Absolute Zero said:

-----------

I'm extremely glad that the Clips lack many things that the Lakers have!

Like the Lakers ability to miss shots two feet from the basket.

saxmanager

Reaction score
reader said:
I thought it must have been really demoralizing for the Clippers to play as well as they did and still lose. It puts so many questions into their game, can they shoot 60% again, can Brand shoot 40 on 18/22, can they limit the Suns to only 3 more fast break points than they got? If you think they played a great offensive game, can they one-up themselves? It could be hard to do.

Darn, the Clips only missed Monday night's point total by one! I guess they'll have to try next time to "one-up" themselves.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I guess they'll have to try next time to "one-up" themselves.

Well, in order to do that, they'll have to score on 95% of their trips down the floor, instead of only 90%.

I'm going to Game 3. I hope I see some Suns rebounds.

saxmanager

Reaction score
D-Dogg said:

I can definitely believe you're rooting for the Suns! Keep rooting while you still can.

Funny how tonight we played their game on offense, but played ours on defense.

I guess you are mistaken. Those guys actually are there. It's the fakers that aren't there anymore!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pipe down Frankie Muniz.

You haven't won anything yet, and don't count the series against Denver...they were a glorified 8 seed with a worse record than either the Lakers or Clippers.

saxmanager

Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Pipe down Frankie Muniz.

You haven't won anything yet, and don't count the series against Denver...they were a glorified 8 seed with a worse record than either the Lakers or Clippers.

"A-Bomb"ination,

You're right, the Clips haven't won anything YET, but one thing we know for sure is the fakers are not going to win anything this year.

And I'm certainly not going to wait until the Clips win this series to answer your inane myopic faker fan comments.

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well I'll have to eat crow on this one. (Does somebody have a smiley for eating crow?) They score over 120, held us under it, and won.

Bring on Game 3.

saxmanager

Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Get back to me when you're bounced in this round.

Well, that may or may not happen.

So instead you get back to me......the next time the fakers WIN a playoff game!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05