Closed Door Meeting Held After Loss to Bulls

SunsFanVegas

Registered
Reaction score
As much as I love Nash, he does deserve to be on a contending team. The way this team is run is pathetic and there is no chance he will get a ring as it currently stands, trades or not. This organization is in shambles and it starts at the very top, which is really sad considering what this team could have done with the right management and coaching.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kidd & Stack for Nash & Amare works. . .

Maybe on fantasy island this works. Kidd and Stack????? You guys would have to give up Dirk. Not that I would even want that trade but Stack????

Funny.

Last edited:

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Three things come to mind when I read this.

1. Kerr may have asked Hill and Nash about possible trades and where they'd like to go.

2. Kerr may have an offer he's considering and would like the input of Hill and Nash.

3. We are all digging to deep for something here.

My guess is #3. I just find it interesting that Nash and Hill were the only one's who attended that meeting.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1. Kerr may have asked Hill and Nash about possible trades and where they'd like to go.

2. Kerr may have an offer he's considering and would like the input of Hill and Nash.

My guess is #3. I just find it interesting that Nash and Hill were the only one's who attended that meeting.

Nash is your leader and G.Hill is that veteran guy that everybody on the team respects. Not to mention he has been one of our most steady defenders this year.

This either means, hey "where would you like to go" (which is where I am leaning).....or "who would you like to see go on this team" (which is possible).

I think they both would like to give them another shot at a ring so asking them where they would like to go is a "class" thing to do.

If they trade Nash...I think Shaq is also gone unless they get a starting PG in return. If they don't, they will ship Shaq out but I think they are less concerned about Shaq getting another ring and will probably move him for 2010 cap space.

Something is going to happen soon.

SunsFanVegas

Registered
Reaction score

Do you think Kerr would actually ask Nash and Hill for their input if he has a trade already working or considering? This isn't a bash to your post...it's a legitimate question.

I totally agree with you that I find it interesting that Nash and Hill were the only ones in that meeting though....I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm leaning towards Kerr asking them where they would consider going if they were to be traded though.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Do you think Kerr would actually ask Nash and Hill for their input if he has a trade already working or considering? This isn't a bash to your post...it's a legitimate question.

I totally agree with you that I find it interesting that Nash and Hill were the only ones in that meeting though....I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm leaning towards Kerr asking them where they would consider going if they were to be traded though.
Maybe not worded great. I think he could talk to them about what the team needs are or what needs to change, and to an extent use their opinion and input while considering any offers he's receiving or maybe receiving in the near future.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the simple reason why Nash and Hill were in the meeting is because they are the two team captains.

Those meetings are pointless though. Maybe they'll get a win or two against some crappy teams but even that won't last. Ideally, Kerr would step down and take Porter with him. Then Sarver would dig deep into his pockets to hire an experienced GM and an experienced head coach who knows how to deal with a veteran team and get the most out of the players on the roster. While at it, Sarver should hire a brand new scouting team. All these things should happen before we make any more trades, but I doubt any of it will happen.

SunsFanVegas

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe not worded great. I think he could talk to them about what the team needs are or what needs to change, and to an extent use their opinion and input while considering any offers he's receiving or maybe receiving in the near future.

That sounds reasonable, but we are talking about Kerr here. He would probably listen to them and take any suggestions they had and throw them out the window only to do what he wants to do anyway. Seems he is over confident in his ability to know what is best for the team. I just do not like the guy. Never liked him as a player either. He has done nothing but help ruin this team since he was hired.

nowagimp

Reaction score
That sounds reasonable, but we are talking about Kerr here. He would probably listen to them and take any suggestions they had and throw them out the window only to do what he wants to do anyway. Seems he is over confident in his ability to know what is best for the team. I just do not like the guy. Never liked him as a player either. He has done nothing but help ruin this team since he was hired.

Yup I doubt kerr talks to nash about his next "moves", I suspect that nash doesnt agree with the last few moves or the direction of the team(down the tubes).

SunsFanVegas

Registered
Reaction score
Yup I doubt kerr talks to nash about his next "moves", I suspect that nash doesnt agree with the last few moves or the direction of the team(down the tubes).

Yep....that's obvious by the frustration you see in Nash and the way he is playing lately. He definately tries, but you can see that it just isn't working and that he is frustrated as hell. Unlike Amare though, at least Nash gives it his all and doesn't just show up to collect his paycheck. Very disappointed in Amare. He is so much better than what he is contributing to this team lately.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nash has averaged close to 12 assists the last month... ironically Suns are 7-8 during that period.

Stoudemire's numbers speak for themselves.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Nash has averaged close to 12 assists the last month... ironically Suns are 7-8 during that period.

It seems like everyone is a black hole at the end of games. No good team moves the ball so poorly or fails to take the best shot so consistently at the end of games.

cly2tw

Reaction score

What are u saying? We win when Amare has a good game, whether or not Nash has 5 or 18 assists?:mulli:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser