Coach Green in Peter King's MMQB

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
Eh, I dunno. It's pretty bad so far. #2 overall, and we've got jack to show for it.

They've got jack to show for every first round draft pick they've made in the last 10 years. #2, #6, #22 it makes no difference.

At least in Davis they've got a guy who has actually done some great things on the football field and will do many more in the next 12-15 years he'll be in the league. Hopefully with the Cardinals and not Tampa or Denver or whoever.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
You know what we should have done? Traded the #2 overall, and the #23 overall (from St. Louis) to San Diego for the #1 overall (Mike Vick).

We've missed out on Mike Stone and L. Davis, but gotten the most electrifying player in the NFL, could have picked Alge Crumpler instead of KVB, and still could have picked up Mike Gandy (or maybe still KVB) in the first round.

Wouldn't that have been nice?

Wasn't DT Kris Jenkins in the second round with Crumpler,Chad Johnson,Bell,Smoot,Jordan,and Chris Chambers. And the Cards bypassed them all and we got KVB and Stone!!! Our picks in 2001 in the second round were Horrible picks!!!

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Lex said:
Mike Vick?

Please.

He wouldn't have gotten Mac fired? But he got Dan Reeves fired.

Vick had one "sneak up" year. Then he let a broken leg keep him out nearly all year last year, because he wouldn't play till he was "100%." This year, he can blame on the new coach.

When will Mike Vick be held accountable? Tough question. Especially when the excuses are already in place.

The thread is about Leonard Davis, and how Denny will handle him, or not.

He got Dan Reeves fired? Hardly. Dan Reeves was gone as soon as the team changed ownership, it was just a matter of time and an excuse away.

Yeah and not playing on a broken leg is somehow bad? Puhleeease. Yeah run him out there at 40% and when he gets injured again the coach will have plenty of excuses why the team sucks ass! Since when do fans expect players to come back from serious injuries before they are 100%??

Reeves only wanted Vick back to save his own job, think he could have cared less whether Vick was @100%?

Vick is more than just Stats but if you fail to see what he brings to a team/fans/organization then I am not gonna sit here and try to convince you.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
I like Wilfork a lot. I'd be thrilled with this guy at #7, #11 by some miracle.

Personally I like the way Denver does it. They target a player, then adjust to get him. This year they moved up in front of New England to get Jackson (they better move up again though). Last year they targeted Plummer and Gardner in free agency and got both of them.
It's like merging onto a freeway. Pick your spot (player) and get there. Or something.

Actually I read that Denver was a serious contender for Detriot's pick at #6, but Detriot didn't want to move that far down. If that rumor holds water it could be interesting.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
I like Wilfork a lot. I'd be thrilled with this guy at #7, #11 by some miracle.

I'd like him at #3. It seems like every year there is a run on defensive linemen that no one in the Cards front office foresees and we end up getting the shaft. Why take the chance?

pete

All Star
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
Either way, we're complete idiots for pissing away the #2 pick on an average guard.
Trading down to #17 and #18 that year would have gotten us Jeff Backus and Steve Hutchinson. Only about a bazillion times more value on the O-line. Blah.

In case you didn't notice, Mac had quite a preference for fellow Texans. Big got a dumpster truck full of cash and had a pretty good rookie season. Last year, he regressed. Let's give Green and crew a chance to work with him because he does have the potential to be a Larry Allen type of player if he really wants to be one.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
If Peter King came away impressd with Rivers after watching the OSU tape then i have to seriously question his eye for talent.He was absolutely pathetic until OSU was up 24-7 and put in their walk-ons with about 9 minutes left. A couple OSU turnovers and no running game let them back in it. I will give him that he had a good OT. I'm about the only person that thinks this guy is primed to big a big bust.He's a nice QB if you don't want to have the threat of a vertical passing game. He's the one guy i will absolutely throw something threw my plasma TV if we draft him. :mad:

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
King has said lots of dumb things. And has been wrong about a lot of stuff. For example he said Tice was a good coach and the Vikes would win the NFC North. ROTFLMAO!

Hindsight is always 20/20. Was Davis a good pick at the time. Sure now you can peg out the great players from rounds 2 and 3 you could have had but this only counts as legit criticism if you said it at the time - otherwise it is hindsight analysis.

DG was asked 3 questions in this linked article but the 3rd one was the most interesting it was about the Cards making the playoffs. He said 26 teams have made the playoffs the last 3 years. If someone can reprint it for us thanks.

dopleganger

Veteran
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
King has said lots of dumb things. And has been wrong about a lot of stuff. For example he said Tice was a good coach and the Vikes would win the NFC North. ROTFLMAO!

Yes King has said lots of dumb things and has been wrong about a lot of stuff.

But Tice is a good coach on a bad team.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
vikesfan said:

Um... Tice is a good coach and the Vikes came within seven seconds of winning the NFC North. If the Vikes had scored that TD against Arizona in the first quarter, the game would have been over right there.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Um... Tice is a good coach and the Vikes came within seven seconds of winning the NFC North. If the Vikes had scored that TD against Arizona in the first quarter, the game would have been over right there.

He is not a good coach where is the proof? Why don't you think Marvin Lewis is a good coach??? Hmmm...

:doi:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
He is not a good coach where is the proof? Why don't you think Marvin Lewis is a good coach??? Hmmm...

:doi:

Look, I told you this before, [sarcasm]I don't think that Marvin is a good coach because he's black.[/sarcasm] I don't want to have to explain this to you again.

Throw Herman Edwards, Tony Dungy, Lovie Smith, Romeo Crennell, and Ray Rhodes in there, too. Also, the media is cowed from calling these coaches out for being bad because they're afraid of being called racist. Just ask Nidan.

I don't know why we have to keep going over this again and again.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
M Lewis is good coach. If he had been white he would have been hired years earlier. Look how he turned CIN around. Only after the racism issue was pressed last year did the ranks open up to black coaches finally a little bit.

As for Tice I can prove he is a bad coach. He has had many lucky wins in his pathetic career. Last year he won vs DEN and ATL with their QBs hurt. ATL and SF were both teams in dissension when Tice played them. He lost to the 4 worst teams in the NFL. The games he won had to do with the talent level left behind DG Moss and Culpepper basically. Tice had a top 5 offense and won 6 games and a #1 offense in the NFL and missed the playoffs. Did you see the Tice quote the players going into Zona were overconfident and trashtalking Zona - that is coaching. That is not being able to control your players and not creating a culture of winning. During the Zona game players were celebrating and Tice told them not to and they told him what to do. Total lack of control there. In previous games he cost the Vikes games by not kicking the FG when he had the chance and he did it again vs. Arizona. Serious moron who doesn't learn from his mistakes.

The year before he cost the Vikes the game vs ATL on the play where the tackle elligible had to report Tice did not tell him to report then blamed the refs for not telling him that. WTF he played and coached the OLINE for over 10 years and he didn't know the tackle elligble had to report. He had lucky wins that year too. Going for a 2 point conversion cause the team had nothing to lose or Gary Anderson hitting a 53 yard FG. Det blew chances to beat us twice when they were driving to beat us at the end of both games. Tice made numerous time out mistakes and never learned from them! In fact at the end of the season, Culpepper in the DET game was telling Tice what to do with the timeouts!

He hired the ST co-ordinator who cost PIT their playoff game. Our ST sucked. Our K was horrible in pre-season he did not cut him he cost us a regular season game. He admitted he faked getting angry. He invented the Randy Ratio and announced it to the world. The Randy Ratio said that Randy needed to get the ball 40% of the time in a game and so the ball was forced into Randy and the TOs came in bushels! You cannot force a ball into a player he needs to get to 40% naturally Tice did not get this and then to make matters worse announced it to the world.
Our ST still sucks. He goes with an OC who thinks using Moss as a decoy is a good idea in some games. His OC cannot design a 2 minute offense or redzone offense properly. His DC was a joke. His theory on ST is that you just stick back up players there and that is good enough.
ST cost us games last year: STL and ARIZONA are two that come to mind. Tice changes from running team to high powered passing team week to week - one week Culpepper is a roll out passer the next a drop back passer.

You saw Tice exposed as an idiot the last 2 drafts. He swore that this years draft he would not screw up and he did it again!!! He made many bad draft choices. He made many many terrible FA choices. The FAs Tice signed: Walker, Bromell, Crockett, Chavous (as CB), Bradford, Alexander, Bates, Lyon, Irvin - just off the top of my head. Terrible picks. And what Tice says about them shows the man to be an idiot. Bromell will get more sacks in MIN he was paid not to play for the team last year. Chavous is a great run stopping CB WTF who cares. We can't sign Trotter cause he promised the MLB job to Crockett then Beikert came free and he signed him and moved Crockett. "You don't need great players on a team or quality FAs - good players are good enough." WTF. He thought 8=8+17 so he wanted to go for a 2 point conversion and cost the team a time out in a game. HE CANNOT ADD.
Tice is not qualified to be running a lemonade stand let alone football team.

If the DG talent was not left on the team we would have the worse team in the NFL. Morningweh was more qualified to be a headcoach. I can list 50 more things proving Tice is complete moron. I stopped collecting the tidbits last year there are just too many. He says moronic things weekly. Oh yeah he predicted wins a couple times last year. Vs OAK for example. He also predicted a player would rush for 100 yards. He told everyone who the Vikes would draft his first year. On and on and on it goes. Forget being a bad coach he is a DUMB human being.

dopleganger

Veteran
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
M Lewis is good coach. If he had been white he would have been hired years earlier. Look how he turned CIN around. Only after the racism issue was pressed last year did the ranks open up to black coaches finally a little bit.

As for Tice I can prove he is a bad coach. He has had many lucky wins in his pathetic career. Last year he won vs DEN and ATL with their QBs hurt. ATL and SF were both teams in dissension when Tice played them. He lost to the 4 worst teams in the NFL. The games he won had to do with the talent level left behind DG Moss and Culpepper basically. Tice had a top 5 offense and won 6 games and a #1 offense in the NFL and missed the playoffs. Did you see the Tice quote the players going into Zona were overconfident and trashtalking Zona - that is coaching. That is not being able to control your players and not creating a culture of winning. During the Zona game players were celebrating and Tice told them not to and they told him what to do. Total lack of control there. In previous games he cost the Vikes games by not kicking the FG when he had the chance and he did it again vs. Arizona. Serious moron who doesn't learn from his mistakes.

The year before he cost the Vikes the game vs ATL on the play where the tackle elligible had to report Tice did not tell him to report then blamed the refs for not telling him that. WTF he played and coached the OLINE for over 10 years and he didn't know the tackle elligble had to report. He had lucky wins that year too. Going for a 2 point conversion cause the team had nothing to lose or Gary Anderson hitting a 53 yard FG. Det blew chances to beat us twice when they were driving to beat us at the end of both games. Tice made numerous time out mistakes and never learned from them! In fact at the end of the season, Culpepper in the DET game was telling Tice what to do with the timeouts!

He hired the ST co-ordinator who cost PIT their playoff game. Our ST sucked. Our K was horrible in pre-season he did not cut him he cost us a regular season game. He admitted he faked getting angry. He invented the Randy Ratio and announced it to the world. The Randy Ratio said that Randy needed to get the ball 40% of the time in a game and so the ball was forced into Randy and the TOs came in bushels! You cannot force a ball into a player he needs to get to 40% naturally Tice did not get this and then to make matters worse announced it to the world.
Our ST still sucks. He goes with an OC who thinks using Moss as a decoy is a good idea in some games. His OC cannot design a 2 minute offense or redzone offense properly. His DC was a joke. His theory on ST is that you just stick back up players there and that is good enough.
ST cost us games last year: STL and ARIZONA are two that come to mind. Tice changes from running team to high powered passing team week to week - one week Culpepper is a roll out passer the next a drop back passer.

You saw Tice exposed as an idiot the last 2 drafts. He swore that this years draft he would not screw up and he did it again!!! He made many bad draft choices. He made many many terrible FA choices. The FAs Tice signed: Walker, Bromell, Crockett, Chavous (as CB), Bradford, Alexander, Bates, Lyon, Irvin - just off the top of my head. Terrible picks. And what Tice says about them shows the man to be an idiot. Bromell will get more sacks in MIN he was paid not to play for the team last year. Chavous is a great run stopping CB WTF who cares. We can't sign Trotter cause he promised the MLB job to Crockett then Beikert came free and he signed him and moved Crockett. "You don't need great players on a team or quality FAs - good players are good enough." WTF. He thought 8=8+17 so he wanted to go for a 2 point conversion and cost the team a time out in a game. HE CANNOT ADD.
Tice is not qualified to be running a lemonade stand let alone football team.

If the DG talent was not left on the team we would have the worse team in the NFL. Morningweh was more qualified to be a headcoach. I can list 50 more things proving Tice is complete moron. I stopped collecting the tidbits last year there are just too many. He says moronic things weekly. Oh yeah he predicted wins a couple times last year. Vs OAK for example. He also predicted a player would rush for 100 yards. He told everyone who the Vikes would draft his first year. On and on and on it goes. Forget being a bad coach he is a DUMB human being.

He almost made the payoffs with a bad team AND

I dunno, you hate him so much - I guess I figure he can't be all bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05