Coaches Making Progress

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Right now, i don't care. We're nowhere near being a decent team let alone a good or even average one. Miles and miles away with an idiot GM who has no clue how to build a roster to compete and an owner with a skimpy bank account.

Okay, agree MO has not pulled that many right strings to this point.

But he came into a bad situation, he's got a really bad boss, and it's his first time as a full GM. So I think he deserves some extra runway.

Defense was bad today, but it pitched 2nd half shutouts against DET and SF to keep us in those games. Shutdown the Rams pretty good too.

Blown off the field today though. Wow.

This team a rollercoaster.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

But he came into a bad situation, he's got a really bad boss, and it's his first time as a full GM. So I think he deserves some extra runway.

Defense was bad today, but it pitched 2nd half shutouts against DET and SF to keep us in those games. Shutdown the Rams pretty good too.

I at least liked the aggressive nature of Kiems willingness to trade. Hopkins was a homerun let’s win now trade for us. I don’t think we could have predicted a Rodney Hudson injury riddled and lack of motivation after having a very healthy career w the raiders. He wasn’t that old for an Olineman. JJ Watt - at least he gave us hope. Kiems drafting and bloated contracts were atrocious but at least there was some hope in regards to talent.

This roster has zero hope for the second straight offseason.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'd like to feel the team is at least headed in the right direction, even if they are losing. Unfortunately, I don't.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I'd like to feel the team is at least headed in the right direction, even if they are losing. Unfortunately, I don't.

It's really hard to after a game like this or the WAS game.

Even I'm willing to admit there's a chance this group of leaders (the whole lot, coaches, GM, K1, everybody) won't be able to get it done.

There's universe where Mike B pushes the reset button for the 2026 season.

Still confident they'll pull it together however.

Maybe we'll get some help for the LAC game. Maybe Robinson and Jones can come in a make a few plays for us. That would help!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's really hard to after a game like this or the WAS game.

Even I'm willing to admit there's a chance this group of leaders (the whole lot, coaches, GM, K1, everybody) won't be able to get it done.

There's universe where Mike B pushes the reset button for the 2026 season.

Still confident they'll pull it together however.

Maybe we'll get some help for the LAC game. Maybe Robinson and Jones can come in a make a few plays for us. That would help!

I hope you are right.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
When the FAs deliver little (Nichols, Jones, SMB — he might be our worst corner) it puts even more pressure on the draft class.

Was Xavier Thomas a healthy scratch AGAIN today?
It's why it was so crazy when people defended when was the time to add talent. Some things work and others dont. You can't pick and choose when you contend and when the injury bug hits. You have to try and win as many games as you can, every year. Some years it will work, others will be better or worse, but the moment you punt is the moment you crater.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As far as SMB is concerned was he ever this bad? I am not familiar with his past. This guy is horrible. In his short time here he could gain entrance to the Cardinal CB hall of shame. Not easy to do.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When the FAs deliver little (Nichols, Jones, SMB — he might be our worst corner) it puts even more pressure on the draft class.

Was Xavier Thomas a healthy scratch AGAIN today?
The one pass play that Kyler over threw to an open receiver at the end zone was, according to the announcers, to. X. Thomas.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I at least liked the aggressive nature of Kiems willingness to trade. Hopkins was a homerun let’s win now trade for us. I don’t think we could have predicted a Rodney Hudson injury riddled and lack of motivation after having a very healthy career w the raiders. He wasn’t that old for an Olineman. JJ Watt - at least he gave us hope. Kiems drafting and bloated contracts were atrocious but at least there was some hope in regards to talent.

This roster has zero hope for the second straight offseason.

WTF happened to Kyzer White? Last year, at least until he got hurt, he was flying around the field making all kinds of plays. This year it looks like he shoots a bunch of heroin before each game.

He's our MLB. Captain of the defense, and he's playing like ****.

I'd rather have K Barnes in there at this point. At least that kid hustles.

MO struck out on all his (brand new to the team) FA signings this last signing period except Mack Wilson and maybe Evan Brown.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one pass play that Kyler over threw to an open receiver at the end zone was, according to the announcers, to. X. Thomas.

There was an Xavier Weaver as well, who I believe was from the practice squad?

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WTF happened to Kyzer White? Last year, at least until he got hurt, he was flying around field make all kinds of plays. This year it looks like he shoots a bunch of heroin before each game.

MO struck out on all his FA signings except Mack Wilson and maybe Evan Brown.

Froholdt has been decent

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
WTF happened to Kyzer White? Last year, at least until he got hurt, he was flying around field make all kinds of plays. This year it looks like he shoots a bunch of heroin before each game.

MO struck out on all his (brand new to the team) FA signings this last signing period except Mack Wilson and maybe Evan Brown.
Completely agree

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ok, sorry. I'm not sure if it was X Thomas or X Weaver that was over thrown. :rolleyes: :sad::shrug:
There was an Xavier Weaver as well, who I believe was from the practice squad?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, sorry. I'm not sure if it was X Thomas or X Weaver that was over thrown. :rolleyes: :sad::shrug:

I only noticed Weaver because I wasn't familiar with him, otherwise I wouldn't have known the difference.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Today the penalties and turnovers eventually became comical. Hard to watch for sure.
I missed the first half. Tuned in and we were down 24-13.

Checked the stats and saw we'd coverted 1/7 3rd downs by that stage. Yikes.

Saw Conner fumble which is a rarity. We gave away a series of penalties on one of their drives when we could have forced a punt. Our CB got completely lost on a TD pass (and did I hear that he hurt his neck? Trying to find the ball maybe). Then Dortch fumbled. I can't remember him fumbling previously. Luckily had to go to work then and missed the end.

Plus lots of injuries made for a brutal, forgettable game.

With bad games you ask, is it an event or a trend? So soon after the Washington game sadly this is starting to feel like a trend.

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
FA has been pretty passive which puts a bunch of pressure on the rookies. It was always going to be a tough plan to execute. Some of it is that the defensive front 5 is SO bad that it impacts everything else.
Other teams that started their turn around this year have done it. The Cards are still in limbo.

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
Right now, i don't care. We're nowhere near being a decent team let alone a good or even average one. Miles and miles away with an idiot GM who has no clue how to build a roster to compete and an owner with a skimpy bank account.
We are brothers today.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
As far as SMB is concerned was he ever this bad? I am not familiar with his past. This guy is horrible. In his short time here he could gain entrance to the Cardinal CB hall of shame. Not easy to do.
Yes he’s been who he always has been. He was a fine nickle and a stretch starter but dropping him in as CB1 was always hilarious.

Need Garret Wilson to take that job.

As many have said, that was Xavier WEAVER.

WTF happened to Kyzer White?

He’s been fine. He’s covering for a lot of poor play around him, me thinks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22