Colin Cowherd this morning 06/26

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Anyone listen to his opinions on Garnett?

Says the trade to LA will probably not happen...MN would be stupid to take Odom, Brown and Bynum for KG...Even if LA threw in their #19 pick it wouldn't fly.

Said KG has been talking to Kobe, to see if he'll stay in LA if the trade goes through.

Here's hoping Kobe is telling Garnett to not come to LA...FO can't be trusted and he still wants out. At best they would have 1 year together and go their seperate ways.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Anyone listen to his opinions on Garnett?

Says the trade to LA will probably not happen...MN would be stupid to take Odom, Brown and Bynum for KG...Even if LA threw in their #19 pick it wouldn't fly.

Said KG has been talking to Kobe, to see if he'll stay in LA if the trade goes through.

Here's hoping Kobe is telling Garnett to not come to LA...FO can't be trusted and he still wants out. At best they would have 1 year together and go their seperate ways.

Umm if Kobe sees a chance that KG may come he ain't going anywhere. Thats exactly what he wanted in the first place and would be the best case scenario for him....

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Umm if Kobe sees a chance that KG may come he ain't going anywhere. Thats exactly what he wanted in the first place and would be the best case scenario for him....

Kobe, KG and a bunch of scrubs wouldn't do much more than the current Lakers roster.

nash2stouds

Reaction score
Here is the latest from the guy that has been right about everything so far. I am copy and pasting this, I did not create it. It makes sense, especially since the Suns may be trying to get two top ten picks.

Alright guys, here is the latest from the guy on another board, not real gm, but another board. He has been right about everything so far and seems dead on in this update, especially about the Suns moving up in the draft. Again, I am posting this for conversation, I did not write it:

aight yeah i said paperwork was stated (not paperwork was done) and pending unless phoenix could find a way to get rid of marion and involve a 3 team deal...but what has happened is that the wolves dont want to put all there eggs in one basket and incase the suns pull out at the last minite they are shopping kg for the best possible deal....they basically are callin his bluff they he wont go to any team but phoenix...and have told him that its up to him to publicly veto a trade.(which they know kg doesnt like doing cuz hes so media concious)
The team that can give the wolves the best deal is boston so thats what the wolves are tryin to bring into the deal....kg has relaxed some of his trade demands and will be willing go to la, phx, or dallas...this is straight from the horses mouth....really now kg doesnt know what to think and is out of loop as far as what the wolves are tryin to do...one thing he said is that not much is bein reported in the media about dallas and the wolves have talked heavily with them.....also he said that he would be fine stayin in mn after all of this (boggled my mind) he doesnt really want to move and leave all his family and friends that have moved to mn.

also as far as playin in LA he doesnt want to play in a big market like that but would be willing to if kobe was still there cuz kobe will have to deal with most of the media and fans expectations...but since there is no gaureentee that kobe will be there there is no way kg will consider LA unless kobe personally tells him that kobe will stay and play in la.....

now with dallas there tryin to put together a deal so that they can keep dirk...which means they would have to gut a lot of there squad....

with phx they are debating if its worth gettin rid or amare for kg or is gettin rid of marion for a higher draft pick is a better deal....

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the latest from the guy that has been right about everything so far. I am copy and pasting this, I did not create it. It makes sense, especially since the Suns may be trying to get two top ten picks.

What guy? You mean the guy that said that the paperwork on the KG to the Suns trade was complete?

Alright guys, here is the latest from the guy on another board, not real gm, but another board. He has been right about everything so far and seems dead on in this update, especially about the Suns moving up in the draft. Again, I am posting this for conversation, I did not write it:

aight yeah i said paperwork was stated (not paperwork was done) and pending unless phoenix could find a way to get rid of marion and involve a 3 team deal...but what has happened is that the wolves dont want to put all there eggs in one basket and incase the suns pull out at the last minite they are shopping kg for the best possible deal....they basically are callin his bluff they he wont go to any team but phoenix...and have told him that its up to him to publicly veto a trade.(which they know kg doesnt like doing cuz hes so media concious)
The team that can give the wolves the best deal is boston so thats what the wolves are tryin to bring into the deal....kg has relaxed some of his trade demands and will be willing go to la, phx, or dallas...this is straight from the horses mouth....really now kg doesnt know what to think and is out of loop as far as what the wolves are tryin to do...one thing he said is that not much is bein reported in the media about dallas and the wolves have talked heavily with them.....also he said that he would be fine stayin in mn after all of this (boggled my mind) he doesnt really want to move and leave all his family and friends that have moved to mn.

also as far as playin in LA he doesnt want to play in a big market like that but would be willing to if kobe was still there cuz kobe will have to deal with most of the media and fans expectations...but since there is no gaureentee that kobe will be there there is no way kg will consider LA unless kobe personally tells him that kobe will stay and play in la.....

now with dallas there tryin to put together a deal so that they can keep dirk...which means they would have to gut a lot of there squad....

with phx they are debating if its worth gettin rid or amare for kg or is gettin rid of marion for a higher draft pick is a better deal....

I guess it makes sense, but it doesn't sound any different than what we have been discussing here.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Kobe, KG and a bunch of scrubs wouldn't do much more than the current Lakers roster.

Uhh no offense but you are unequivically wrong on this point. Great players make scrubs better. Once you play with Shaq and Kobe an old Horace Grant, Devean George, and Derek Fisher are no longer scrubs but "key role players"

For a more recent example look at last years Heat. And KG and Kobe are a full step above Wade and old Shaq.

If they make this trade the Lakers join Phx, Dal, and SA as part of the elite IMO. Remember this is still a stars league...

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Link? I think it's time to assume it's you.

And no, you haven't been right about everything so far. You've merely been consistent with all of the other rumors flying around. In fact, on the only specifics (like when the trade will go through), you've been wrong.

You had a good run, but your credibility is now shot.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score

And no, you haven't been right about everything so far. You've merely been consistent with all of the other rumors flying around. In fact, on the only specifics (like when the trade will go through), you've been wrong.

Zing! :biglaugh:

Damn E....He's only got four posts!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
twon would have to be pretty attention hungry to find an arizona message board and respread his rumors.

You may not have noticed, but we get attention-hungry people on this board all the time. Usually they are just trolls, but not always.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I listened to ESPN about a half hour ago and it sounds like KG may be headed to LA. They said like four teams would be involved and essentially layed out the trade proposals that were floating around yesterday involving Bynum, Odom, JO, KG, etc. Nothing new from yesterday. They even showed a chart of which teams were involved and said the details are being hammered out. They also said other players would need to be involved to make the deal work.

It sounded to be that this deal is going through. I dislike the idea of KG joining Kobe in LA.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uhh no offense but you are unequivically wrong on this point. Great players make scrubs better. Once you play with Shaq and Kobe an old Horace Grant, Devean George, and Derek Fisher are no longer scrubs but "key role players"

For a more recent example look at last years Heat. And KG and Kobe are a full step above Wade and old Shaq.

If they make this trade the Lakers join Phx, Dal, and SA as part of the elite IMO. Remember this is still a stars league...

yup - i agree, I think it makes them the 4th best team in the West, especially considering they can still add two players in FA with the MLE and LLE.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McHale will be fired by midseason if he does that deal.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
yup - i agree, I think it makes them the 4th best team in the West, especially considering they can still add two players in FA with the MLE and LLE.
I'd put them behind Dallas in record season wins/losses but have no doubt that the Lakers, Spurs, and Suns would all be better playoff teams than the soft Mavs. I also don't think any series between the top three would go less than six games were all teams healthy. I don't think people realize how ridiculous of a combo KG and Kobe would be, the rest of their team would literally be shooting wide open shots the entire time both were on the court.

nash2stouds

Reaction score

Um, ok assuming cornholio. That is not me, I stated that it wasn't. That was taken from slumz.boxden.com. He has been accurate about pretty much everything. There is no possible way that we could know if he is right about the paperwork being started but keep in mind trades change ALL THE TIME. He broke that kg was upset about the boston rumors the night before they came out on espn. Also, here is a link to a story that confirms that dallas is in the kg talks. http://dallasbasketball.com/home_display.asp. In addition, it makes sens that the Suns are debating to find a third team for Shawn or shop him for a high pick (memphis?). Blockbusters rarely happen because the semantics change all the time. I am very credible so don't question that. All I am doing is posting here what I find on the internet so you don't have to go and look for it.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
Um, ok assuming cornholio. That is not me, I stated that it wasn't. That was taken from slumz.boxden.com. He has been accurate about pretty much everything. There is no possible way that we could know if he is right about the paperwork being started but keep in mind trades change ALL THE TIME. He broke that kg was upset about the boston rumors the night before they came out on espn. Also, here is a link to a story that confirms that dallas is in the kg talks. http://dallasbasketball.com/home_display.asp. In addition, it makes sens that the Suns are debating to find a third team for Shawn or shop him for a high pick (memphis?). Blockbusters rarely happen because the semantics change all the time. I am very credible so don't question that. All I am doing is posting here what I find on the internet so you don't have to go and look for it.

Zing!!!!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice knowing you nash2stouds

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd put them behind Dallas in record season wins/losses but have no doubt that the Lakers, Spurs, and Suns would all be better playoff teams than the soft Mavs. I also don't think any series between the top three would go less than six games were all teams healthy. I don't think people realize how ridiculous of a combo KG and Kobe would be, the rest of their team would literally be shooting wide open shots the entire time both were on the court.

agree with that.

asudevil83

Reaction score
I listened to ESPN about a half hour ago and it sounds like KG may be headed to LA. They said like four teams would be involved and essentially layed out the trade proposals that were floating around yesterday involving Bynum, Odom, JO, KG, etc. Nothing new from yesterday. They even showed a chart of which teams were involved and said the details are being hammered out. They also said other players would need to be involved to make the deal work.

It sounded to be that this deal is going through. I dislike the idea of KG joining Kobe in LA.

Boston bailed on the deal this morning.

i think they were probably getting the short end of the stick.

with KG going to LA
Odom/Bynum to Indy
my guess Jermaine to Minny
i'd have to think that Boston was in the deal for their #5 pick to Minny.....and they were probably getting chumped

OR......Jermaine was headed to Boston, but Boston needed to give up their #5 and Jefferson, which they werent willing to do. but in that case.....Minny would have gotten chumped.

i really dont see how a 4 way with those teams could have worked from the beginning.