Colin Cowherd this morning 06/26

nash2stouds

Reaction score
Oh alright. Sorry about that. I'm really not a mean guy, he just speculated about me without any merit. Had to stick up for that. Anyways here is this.
L.A. Times: Taylor will make decision on KG this morning
Trade talks continued Monday between the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Lakers after a four-team proposal that would have sent All-Star forward Kevin Garnett to the Lakers collapsed.

Minnesota owner Glen Taylor was expected to be in the Timberwolves' offices this morning before departing for a honeymoon in China. His appearance at team headquarters suggested a quick resolution on the Lakers' proposal, which includes forward Lamar Odom and center Andrew Bynum.

That guy from boxden posted about 4 days ago that Taylor would be in China, something that wasn't publicized. I have never, ever met twon but I'm just staing that what he has posted has been somewhat accurate. UPDATE ESPN is talking Suns right now...

nash2stouds

Reaction score
ESPN just said the suns are driving lottery teams crazy bc they have no idea how the suns are getting in there. Kiki V. said he thinks it makes sense that a marion to boston kg trade would get done.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN just said the suns are driving lottery teams crazy bc they have no idea how the suns are getting in there.

Glad to know I'm one day ahead of ESPN.

Everyone is assuming it's a Phx/Boston deal now and adjusting their strategies. Phoenix is the pebble in the water at this point, because their needs are so different from any other team that might draft in the Top 10.

If they're right, and Phx/Boston is imminent, Memphis could be on the cusp of a deal that could kind of blow things up somewhat. It could be one reason why Phoenix is slow to pull the trigger.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Can I just say that this whole thing is ridiculous? I've NEVER heard of any team having this many trade rumors swirling around it. Either Kerr is incredibly disorganized or an absolute genius. Guess we'll find out on Thursday.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Either Kerr is incredibly disorganized or an absolute genius.

Honestly, if you would look at Kerr and come up with words to describe him, would disorganized be one of them? The guy takes hair styling cues from Lute Olson! ;)

I don't know if Kerr is making a lot of new friends by engaging discussion with so many teams, but he is upholding his responsibility to work for the organization's best interests. Some GMs don't get that and get caught up in the NBA fraternity.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Honestly, if you would look at Kerr and come up with words to describe him, would disorganized be one of them? The guy takes hair styling cues from Lute Olson! ;)

I don't know if Kerr is making a lot of new friends by engaging discussion with so many teams, but he is upholding his responsibility to work for the organization's best interests. Some GMs don't get that and get caught up in the NBA fraternity.
This isn't a normal offseason for the Suns though. They have to explore all avenues as there are so many directions they could go, and there are so many variables. I don't know how they keep it all straight.

Last edited:

asudevil83

Reaction score
Can I just say that this whole thing is ridiculous? I've NEVER heard of any team having this many trade rumors swirling around it. Either Kerr is incredibly disorganized or an absolute genius. Guess we'll find out on Thursday.

and its funny how pretty much EVERY player on our roster has been mentioned in trade except for Bell and Nash.

i think Kerry knows what he's doing. and he doesnt seem like the kinda guy who bends on anything. he knows where the suns are at (contenders), and really doesnt have to make a move unless it improves the team.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This isn't a normal offseason for the Suns though. They have to explore all avenues as there are so many directions they could go, and there are so many variables. I don't know how they keep it all straight.

If anything is different it's who's running the show. This is a front office much more capable of multi-tasking than last year.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
yup - i agree, I think it makes them the 4th best team in the West, especially considering they can still add two players in FA with the MLE and LLE.

You're probably right, but so what? They're still not beating any of the contenders.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

amen!

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Come on, why should it be about Kerr? The national media has been speculating about Suns deals for months. The Suns are a really interesting team and vastly more likely to do something than the Spurs.

Is it really in Kerr's self interest to deny every rumor? For one thing, most of the chat has been by Griffin anyway. Besides, other than the fact that all major trades have to include Marion in the discussion, it is not even clear any of the actual proposals have been started by the Suns except the KG deal. That one was started by KG.

I know a lot of people disagree, but I just can't see McHale pulling the trigger. Every deal seems to get shot down because he wants too much and does not recognize just how hard it is for teams to work around KG's huge per year salary.

I realize there is a huge interest here in making a deal, but I get the feeling McHale is waiting for somebody to knock his socks off. For something to happen, I'd expect it would be well after the draft when reality finally sets in on McHale about how he can't rebuild with KG on the roster.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
If anything is different it's who's running the show. This is a front office much more capable of multi-tasking than last year.
I never saw how D'Antoni ever had the time to really fulfill his GM responsibilities, so you're probably right.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on, why should it be about Kerr? The national media has been speculating about Suns deals for months.

Speculation was started by people in the Suns organization flapping their gums.

It's not really about Kerr but what hiring a full-time GM does for the rest of the staff. People know their roles now. Kerr doesn't have to be Trader Jack, just a voice of reason for a capable staff.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're probably right, but so what? They're still not beating any of the contenders.

so it continues to make the West even stronger and more difficult to get out of. And actually, I think a Kobe/KG pairing with MLE/LLE and what they have now is good enough to beat that soft-ass Dallas team in the playoffs.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so it continues to make the West even stronger and more difficult to get out of. And actually, I think a Kobe/KG pairing with MLE/LLE and what they have now is good enough to beat that soft-ass Dallas team in the playoffs.

Unless Dallas does something really stupid this off-season, there's no reason to think they will be any less than they have been. If they hadn't run into a perfect storm in the playoffs, there's no reason to think they would be any less the contender that the Spurs proved to be.

They're still a bloody good team.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Comparatively, Kerr and Co. took a lot longer to talk to the media about anything juicy than TWolves, Ainge, Kobe, etc

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score

And judging from the scare we got in 2006 with really just Phil and Kobe - could arguably beat our Suns too.......

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nash2stouds has a 1 week break from the board for insulting one of our members. See you after the draft.