Concerns on Denny's Bunker Mentality

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But Denny Green is also fostering a bunker mentality. "Us against the world." That's what he does. Get used to it. He did it in Minnesota and he's doing it here.

I am a Denny Green fan and had season tickets during the last seven years that Denny was the head coach in Minneapolis. I retired and moved here at the end of 2002 and just bought season tickets for the Cardinals as I know he will put an exciting team on the field (also a winning team).

However, I am concerned on this bunker mentality. The press hated Denny in Minnesota. I guess I don't understand why he is doing the same thing in Arizona. Denny is an excellent coach but doesn't walk on water. I really have concersnson this us against the world attitude. Thoughts?

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
With the amount of losing this town has seen from ALL of our sports teams, no one is going to care one bit about Coach Green's coaching techniques.

With the amount of losing this organization has endured, all ANYONE cares about is winning.

Just WIN baby!!!

:raccoon:

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
az jam said:
I am a Denny Green fan and had season tickets during the last seven years that Denny was the head coach in Minneapolis. I retired and moved here at the end of 2002 and just bought season tickets for the Cardinals as I know he will put an exciting team on the field (also a winning team).

However, I am concerned on this bunker mentality. The press hated Denny in Minnesota. I guess I don't understand why he is doing the same thing in Arizona. Denny is an excellent coach but doesn't walk on water. I really have concersnson this us against the world attitude. Thoughts?

No need to be concerned. DG doesn't want players revealing what goes on inside the team. He doesn't want to have rumors and whining coming out weekly. He doesn't want those kinds of distractions. The media's goals are NOT conducive to winning. They live on conflict, controversy, gossip, bad news and discontent. DG only turned on the MIN media when they turned on him. The media can mess up a team's chemistry. Players HAVING the media as an outlet can have the same effect. DG wants to avoid all that Meyshwan, T.O. nonsense.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We really never had conflict though and the media and players got a long pretty well before, at least with Mac...

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
This team needs a shot in the arm if Green is the one to do it and wins the State will back him up. This State is a football starve and if we starts winning watch out for the bandwagon fans to climb aboard.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
No need to be concerned. DG doesn't want players revealing what goes on inside the team. He doesn't want to have rumors and whining coming out weekly. He doesn't want those kinds of distractions. The media's goals are NOT conducive to winning. They live on conflict, controversy, gossip, bad news and discontent. DG only turned on the MIN media when they turned on him. The media can mess up a team's chemistry. Players HAVING the media as an outlet can have the same effect. DG wants to avoid all that Meyshwan, T.O. nonsense.

In other words, Green can use the media to his advantage (he has already called out guys publically) but the players cannot? Interesting.

Can't wait for your response.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
In other words, Green can use the media to his advantage (he has already called out guys publically) but the players cannot? Interesting.

Green is the captain of his ship, thats GREAT and I love it. Let him use the media too his advantage and avoid player comments like "Armpit of the NFL" and "I don't care about the fans" etc.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:

My response: yup that pretty much sums it up.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
However, I am concerned on this bunker mentality.
As long as he wins, he can hang out in the bunker all he wants.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
However, I am concerned on this bunker mentality.
As long as he wins, he can hang out in the bunker all he wants.

I agree completely. Winning is all that matters.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Youy guys get it. Winning is all that matters.
If he makes the players wear pink underwear and they win - who cares.

Vikes fans don't get it (at least the majority)
they complain about his talking to the media or Solomon and this that and the other thing.
One fan said he would rather go 0-16 with Tice then 16-0 with DG. HUH?!?!?

Well all I know is the last 2 years with a team that had over 45 million in cap money and a top 5 offense and number 1 offense - we missed the playoffs. We nailed our own window of opportunity shut.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Considering the local sports reporters lack of love for the Cardinals I wonder how they would handle a team that won 18-22 games and a division title over the next two seasons.

Probably get headlines like this:

BIDWILL SKIMPS ON CHAMPAGNE FOR TITLE CELEBRATION!

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Youy guys get it. Winning is all that matters.
If he makes the players wear pink underwear and they win - who cares.

Ok your getting carried away again vikesfan. No way do I want to watch them play in pink underwear. I dont care if they make the superbowl or not. Seeing big in pink panties is enough to keep me at home watching Mr. Rogers!

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
I've talked to many Vikes fans since Denny Green signed on here. They say "after the first couple years, you'll want him to be governor of Arizona. Then you'll see he's not a very nice person."

Nice person?

He fired the salary cap guy, a devoted lifetime fan of the Vikings.

He cleaned out the front office of little old ladies that had been in the orginization for years.

He calls out first round draft picks, and makes them look bad in the media.

He hires coaches, that verbally abuse players, and forces them to drill till they literally collapse on the feild.

He refuses to allow players to air their dirty laundry in the media.

Does all this mean Dennis Green is not a nice person?

Quite the contrary.

These practices prove that Denny has the best interests of his players in mind, he's trying to help them reach their dreams, make them be all they can be. This also proves Denny has MY best interests in mind. I want a winner, a team that is prepared, and gives it's all every time they represent my city, and me, home or away.

And I don't give a rats butt how he gets it done.

And I sure as HELL don't care if he insults some media member.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Ok your getting carried away again vikesfan. No way do I want to watch them play in pink underwear. I dont care if they make the superbowl or not. Seeing big in pink panties is enough to keep me at home watching Mr. Rogers!

:hairraise :barf:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05