Cowboys 7.5 point favorites!

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's insulting. Jeez... GB was only a 7.5 point fave, albeit on the road.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by jmt
That's insulting. Jeez... GB was only a 7.5 point fave, albeit on the road.

You have got to understand that the Cards have such a terrible reputation that the books have to really raise the line to get any money on the Cards.

What are there, like 127 people left in the world who think the Cards will cover the spread in any game this season?

Quote from the Pro at my Country Club last week when I said the Cards could beat the Rams, "The Cardinals have already won their one game this season"

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quincy Carter has been very competent the last couple of Dallas games. He was absolutely gawd-awful when they played us last year, and we still won by only three points in OT.

Their defense is considerably better than ours, so I think the spread is realistic.

brews

Rookie
Reaction score
After watching the Cowboys-Giants game, I got real nervous about this one. The Giants couldn't top the Cowboys receivers, and the Giants actually have a pass rush. Emmitt better give the pregame speech of all pregame speeches.

Bruce

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score
I like it! This is the turn around game after an embarassment (Packers).

Don't forget that Emmit needs to show them that he has something left. The team knows it too. And they all respect him.

This may finally be the game that we run the ball and it works.

Ahhh, another whole week of feel good posting coming up.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't Carter one of the top rated QBs right now, statistically speaking? (So much for statistics.):rolleyes:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jersey Girl Cards Fan
Isn't Carter one of the top rated QBs right now, statistically speaking? (So much for statistics.):rolleyes:

He actually looks good so far. So do his WRs--Glenn, Galloway and Bryant. By the end of the season they could have one hell of a passing attack--IF their line holds.

boredstiff

Reaction score
It is not insulting, it is real! I hate the cowpukes, and it pains me to no end to say this...but they win easily. 31-7

This team is bad! Just state the facts as they are. The Rams made us look like a junior college team having a bad day. I know you guys know that this is not the Rams team of a few years ago as well. Especially playing without Marshall Faulk. We were outcoached, out hustled and just plain outplayed in every facet of the game. One bright spot, was of course the touchdown run, and the 4 and out for the Rams inside their one.

Coaching is bad, defensive line is horrible, offensive line is subpar on running plays, defensive backs and scheme is as bad or worse then the defensive line.

You can't win games with receivers and linebackers. Sorry guys, this one is a lock.

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score

Jersey Girl:

Here's another scary stat. After four weeks, Dallas has the #1 offense in the league, averaging 388.7 ypg. Even more frightening, they've been balanced (#6 passing, #4 rushing).

The only glimmer of hope is that the Cowboys have had trouble scoring points off all those yards, ranked #14 with 21.7 ppg. That's still a touchdown better than the Cardinals (#29, 14.3).

Imagine how good they'd be with a real QB, huh? ;)

WC

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Re: Re: Cowboys 7.5 point favorites!

Originally posted by Duckjake
You have got to understand that the Cards have such a terrible reputation that the books have to really raise the line to get any money on the Cards.
Still, we're only 1-3 against the spread.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Cowboys 7.5 point favorites!

Originally posted by Rivercard
Still, we're only 1-3 against the spread.

It's really hard to beat the spread when your average margin of defeat is 26.5 points!

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wild Card

Imagine how good they'd be with a real QB, huh? ;)

WC

Bite your tongue! I live with a Dallas fan (my sister), so, come Sunday, it's gonna be rumble time. I just hope Emmit will be really pumped up for the game and that the Cards will rebound from this latest loss.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Bite your tongue! I live with a Dallas fan (my sister), so, come Sunday, it's gonna be rumble time. I just hope Emmit will be really pumped up for the game and that the Cards will rebound from this latest loss.

You're not the only one with a civil war on your hands this Sunday.

My wife and her family are all Cowboys fans.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05