Cowpokes release Hutchinson

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
This according to KFFL.

Cowboys | Hutchinson Released - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:17:31 -0700

The Dallas Cowboys have released QB Chad Hutchinson.

He should have stuck to baseball.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HeavyB3 said:
This according to KFFL.

Cowboys | Hutchinson Released - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:17:31 -0700

The Dallas Cowboys have released QB Chad Hutchinson.

He should have stuck to baseball.

He couldn't throw a strike.

He'll probably get another chance but he never was that great at Stanford it was always about his size and arm more than his actual play. he's the type of kid who could really benefit from a team with a great QB coach, but I suspect he's a bit too old for most NFL teams to invest a lot of time in.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
He couldn't throw a strike.

He'll probably get another chance but he never was that great at Stanford it was always about his size and arm more than his actual play. he's the type of kid who could really benefit from a team with a great QB coach, but I suspect he's a bit too old for most NFL teams to invest a lot of time in.

I am not suggesting any team grab him but would he be eligible for the practice squad? If so, I think I would consider a flyer on him since the practice squad was expanded and maybe you can take some time with him and maybe turn him into something serviceable as a backup?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
I am not suggesting any team grab him but would he be eligible for the practice squad? If so, I think I would consider a flyer on him since the practice squad was expanded and maybe you can take some time with him and maybe turn him into something serviceable as a backup?

I think he played too much time in Dallas to be on a practice squad now,but I don't really know the rules there.

Bet he wishes he could go back to highschool and decide then what sport to focus on that's likely why he's failed at both.

Supposedly Henson looked good enough that they just didn't see the point in keeping Chad around, he clearly wasn't in their top 3. I've read that Parcells
is being tough on Henson which usually means he likes the kid's future.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:

bring him in! What could it hurt?