10 thoughts - Rams game

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Gandhi, thanks. But if you were disappointed with Benson, you should point out how good Demercado looked. I'm really impressed.
What did you see, Garth? He only had two carries, but I remember one of them as quite impressive, while the other was obviously for 40 yards or something like that.

I found some information on him, though it is based on both games. He has been on the field for 16 out of 24 third downs, and nine of them have been converted. On 10 passing third downs, he has made successful blocks on four of them. So, it is clear that Petzing trust him quite a lot on third down.

Reaction score
I’m sorry if my post comes across as if I was trying to make out American Football fans are less passionate, I definitely didn’t mean that. The passion is palpable.

That video is cool! How come that singing / chanting doesn’t happen in the NFL? Although I’ve only been to three games, one in AZ and two in the UK so my sample size is small…
:wave: Nice of you to pop-in! Newbies buy, but I'll make it easy on ya; I'll have beans on toast and a Bass ale! Stick around and become a fan, if you've got a strong heart.

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
Yes, I know that different. It was also more of a fun thing. I immediately thought about that chant when I saw Gardeck playing like he did. :)

I wish it would be more integrated in the NFL experience. As you mention, there is a lot of people in the stands, and the fans can certainly make noise. I am sure that singing or chanting could become a thing in some of the many game breaks, and instead of using drums, the stadium DJ could kind of orchestrate it. I am sure it would make the experience more fun for everyone.9

I actually didn’t’ know what Krang shows in this thread, that it is a thing in college. I have never seen it in the NFL, other than Jets-fans with their J-E-T-S, and Eagles fans with their fight song.
I have been to a couple of Cardinals vs. Saints games in New Orleans over the years, and I like their chant: "Who dat? Who dat think they gonna beat dem Saints?""

As I walked around the stadium, people and children pointed at me and said "Who dat?"

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My favorite is hearing Tennessee fans sing rocky top. In a big game when the team gets a big score and over 100k are all singing...chill bumps!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Def more common with colleges. Think fsu tomahawk chop, texas sings eyes of texas are upon you, six does the victory sign with their music. The only pro football one I can recall was the redskins had a song the crowd would sing 30 years ago when I went to games in dc.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05