Crappy Cards Fans Suck

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate Shaq; throwing that lazy, moneygrubbing f-face under a bus = cool in my book.

and intentionally trying to injure Mike Miller? am I to assume you're silence on that issue means your cool with that also?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and intentionally trying to injure Mike Miller? am I to assume you're silence on that issue means your cool with that also?

Nope, I said at the time that it was a bitch move and stupid...though it was a hard move on a soft team. Cost us two games we could and should have won.

And I also referenced it when Raja only got a game for something worse than what Kobe did when he got two games.

You assume too much, as usual.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is still about crappy Cards fans regardless of a moderator's decision to change the title to one which no longer fits the thread.

Crappy Cards fans give us all a bad name.

Yes, I'm aware that there are crappy fans of all teams.

Who cares?

A crappy Raiders fan has no impact on any of us wearing our Cardinal red. It does not suddenly make it okay that there are wannabe gangsters going around cold-cocking fans of other teams. Two wrongs don't make a right.

When some loser wearing a Cards jersey sucker punches another team's fan simply for wearing the other team's jersey - it reflects on the Cardinal fan base.

I apologized on behalf of all decent Cards fans to the nice Bears fan we talked with. The guy was in tears after the game talking to his mom on a cell phone. I'm guessing he was late 20's/early 30's and he came to the game to have a great time, win or lose, and was shocked to be attacked. He was really rattled and it made me think of some other incidents I've seen this year, even before the Bears game.

Maybe it's just some of the bandwagon element because I don't remember seeing crap like this at SDS (except for Raider games). Fights are one thing (alcohol plus emotions, etc) but man to man confrontations are more respectable than punching and running mixed with a little theft.

Some in the crowd cheered when they saw a Bears fan get knocked down. They cheered because the attacker wore red. How lame is that?

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I was sucker punched by a Bears fan. I ran him down and beat the tar out of him.....do I get a medal in your book, BIM?? :roll:

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Don't see why you felt the need to attack me personally. I don't see how what some Bears fans may have done justified Cards fans to sucker punch and steal from some other Bears fan.

I abhore what Bell did.

Bears fans were WAY worse than the Cardinal fans. You weren't at the game you wouldn't know. BIM is just trying to stir up trouble and he succeeded.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This was one of the reasons I don't think I will get season tickets again for a while. You get a bunch of people together who've been drinking since 8:00 am who (some of them) have loyalties that run deep... there is a sea of opposing fans and tempers flair.

I've had these fights errupt right next to me and I have to defend myself by pushing the pile away or holding guys back. I usually bring my wife or someone from work who is there to enjoy the game not expecting to be in the middle of a fist fight. It's part of the experience to me, but when I look back..... it really shouldn't be. I wish people could just keep their mouths shut and realize it's just a game.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
agreed Ryan - people take all this crap way to personally - no NFL team has ever sent me a paycheck, i've never gotten a promotion when my team has won or demoted when they lost - it's asinine to feel like you have superiority over someone based on a team that we have chosen to watch a long time ago - this is unfortunately an element at most stadiums - put your 8th beer down, realize you are watching multimillionaires playing a game, root for your team and have some respect for each other

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bears fans were WAY worse than the Cardinal fans. You weren't at the game you wouldn't know. BIM is just trying to stir up trouble and he succeeded.

You still fail to see the point. It doesn't matter how bad an opposing teams fan base may be it doesn't excuse sucker punching and stealing from someone who did nothing to deserve it. BIM nor I are saying it's wrong to stand up for yourself if you have some a-hole fans causing trouble, but that was not the case in this instance.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm going to be brutally honest...with "Suns" in your handle I'm not even going to try and see your point.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what does this mean? I don't want to assume anything.

It means the Lakers players are all soft and there is no Rick Fox type who can protect other players. The "enforcer" who "sends a message." The Lakers have a bunch of soft guys like Lamar, Luke, Kwame, Bynum, Smush, etc. who rarely if ever would stand up for one of the top players being pushed around. Kobe is a soft guy too, so it was suprising to see him pull a "tough" move like that and though it was a stupid bitch move and cost us games I was at some level happy that SOMEONE on the team showed some aggression. They are a terribly passive bunch overall.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It means the Lakers players are all soft and there is no Rick Fox type who can protect other players. The "enforcer" who "sends a message." The Lakers have a bunch of soft guys like Lamar, Luke, Kwame, Bynum, Smush, etc. who rarely if ever would stand up for one of the top players being pushed around. Kobe is a soft guy too, so it was suprising to see him pull a "tough" move like that and though it was a stupid bitch move and cost us games I was at some level happy that SOMEONE on the team showed some aggression. They are a terribly passive bunch overall.

but yet, you can't see that Raja was doing the same thing as well versus Kobe? NO ONE is as soft as the Suns, especially without Amare/KT. The Lakers were doing a good job of pushing them around that entire series... standing over them... flagrant fouls... basically showing them up and it was working. So, Bell did a stupid bitch move but it finally showed some aggression and turned the series around. It gave the Suns confidence that they could step up to the challenge and wouldn't be pushed around.

so why do you continue to hate on Raja as much as you do? He basically did the EXACT SAME thing Kobe did - he did something very stupid, but ultimately needed to show SOME aggression because of how soft/passive the Suns are. I mean, I can see you being upset that Raja didn't get as many games as Kobe, but that's not Raja's fault - that's the league's.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but yet, you can't see that Raja was doing the same thing as well versus Kobe? NO ONE is as soft as the Suns, especially without Amare/KT. The Lakers were doing a good job of pushing them around that entire series... standing over them... flagrant fouls... basically showing them up and it was working. So, Bell did a stupid bitch move but it finally showed some aggression and turned the series around. It gave the Suns confidence that they could step up to the challenge and wouldn't be pushed around.

so why do you continue to hate on Raja as much as you do? He basically did the EXACT SAME thing Kobe did - he did something very stupid, but ultimately needed to show SOME aggression because of how soft/passive the Suns are. I mean, I can see you being upset that Raja didn't get as many games as Kobe, but that's not Raja's fault - that's the league's.

I don't fault Raja for DOING it. Shoe on other foot I'd be glad someone showed some balls, but I'd also not be happy he did it. There were far too many people loving him FOR the move and having it as avatars, etc. I was pissed that Kobe did it and didn't make that my avatar at all.

I dislike Raja for the reasons a lot of people dislike Kobe...his smugness after the act (and before it for his whining about Kobe's play against him which really isn't all that aggressive) and his cockiness. I don't feel Raja is a 10th the player that Kobe is and I'm a guy who LOVES cocky players who back it up with their play. Raja isn't that guy, IMO. And that is MY opinion. I know a lot of people love him. A lot of Detroit guys love Laimbeer. A lot of Jazz fans love Malone. A lot of Celtic fans love Danny Ainge who is the biggest crybaby bitch to ever play in the NBA. Teams love THEIR guy who others hate. I love Kobe, and people who hate him who follow other teams just make me love him more. It's the sports fan mentality...and yeah...Kobe can be a supreme *****, but he's our *****.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
standing over them...

I love Kwame...one of his biggest supporters...and although he deserved a tech for standing over like Ali, I was SHOCKED he did it. He is so damn baby soft that it was surreal seeing him do that. Gives me hope he actually stops being timid someday and realizes that his body is disgustingly perfect for the game and does something with it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't fault Raja for DOING it. Shoe on other foot I'd be glad someone showed some balls, but I'd also not be happy he did it. There were far too many people loving him FOR the move and having it as avatars, etc. I was pissed that Kobe did it and didn't make that my avatar at all.

I dislike Raja for the reasons a lot of people dislike Kobe...his smugness after the act (and before it for his whining about Kobe's play against him which really isn't all that aggressive) and his cockiness. I don't feel Raja is a 10th the player that Kobe is and I'm a guy who LOVES cocky players who back it up with their play. Raja isn't that guy, IMO. And that is MY opinion. I know a lot of people love him. A lot of Detroit guys love Laimbeer. A lot of Jazz fans love Malone. A lot of Celtic fans love Danny Ainge who is the biggest crybaby bitch to ever play in the NBA. Teams love THEIR guy who others hate. I love Kobe, and people who hate him who follow other teams just make me love him more. It's the sports fan mentality...and yeah...Kobe can be a supreme *****, but he's our *****.

that makes sense.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score

Sorry, Raja's 3 against the Clips was all about being "the guy". Any player willing to step up and throw down the dagger like that can be as cocky as they want to be.

You'd love him on your team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, Raja's 3 against the Clips was all about being "the guy". Any player willing to step up and throw down the dagger like that can be as cocky as they want to be.

You'd love him on your team.

agree with that as well - not to mention coming out on one leg and engergizing the team to victory in Game 4 of the Mavs series when everyone thought he was done for the season.

Raja's play throughout the entire playoffs was the definition of heart/soul and backing up your talk.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd begrudgingly accept him. That's how I treated it with Malone, who I HATED on the Jazz.

nah - you'd end up loving him. You know why you only begrudgingly accepted Malone and never embraced him? You KNEW he was NEVER going to hit a clutch shot to save his life. You just can't everr embrace a loser like Malone. All the talent int he world and none of the heart. That's something you definitely CAN NOT say about Raja.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nah - you'd end up loving him. You know why you only begrudgingly accepted Malone and never embraced him? You KNEW he was NEVER going to hit a clutch shot to save his life. You just can't everr embrace a loser like Malone. All the talent int he world and none of the heart. That's something you definitely CAN NOT say about Raja.

I actually ended up liking Malone because he was a workout warrior and was the key part of that team...but he was oooooold and once injured he stayed injured.

I probably would end up liking Raja...please stop making me think about it. :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually ended up liking Malone because he was a workout warrior and was the key part of that team...but he was oooooold and once injured he stayed injured.

I probably would end up liking Raja...please stop making me think about it. :D

hee hee...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05