Crowd control

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
He's not trolling.

The guy that was trolling last night though was sadly banned. He was an idiot and made his entire fanbase look bad. He should have been kept around for target practice.

Thanks man.

DKCards

Reaction score
Guys, the noise and the results of the noise will become apparent to others soon enough...
Look, for people who are not here, the Cardinals have been a true, Webster's definition of "laughing stock"... That can not be denied. And though for us, here, who have seen this change coming over the last several years, we can't expect people who are not here to grasp the reality of what now exists here in Arizona... The stadium, the fans, the noise, the talent on the team, the coaching and yes, the ownership... It's all so distant from the well-earned perception this team built over the prior decades...
randomguy speaks for literally millions of football fans across this country. Yes, it's true. Non-Cardinal football fans simply can't begin to grasp the reality now. The only way to change all of this is by winning. We did so this year and regardless of what transpires on Sunday, we have begun the process. I have contended that what happens next season is actually more important than what happens this Sunday. But that's another discussion for another day...

Anyway - we know we fans will do what we ALWAYS do in our house. It will be a true delight to bring awareness to people like randomguy as to the level of fandom that exists in a place they thought to be a pro football wasteland!

BRING..... IT..... ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbup:

Hows those ribs?? Are they going to hold up with all your yelling because I know you won't hold back. Bring lots of Advil
:D

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Hows those ribs?? Are they going to hold up with all your yelling because I know you won't hold back. Bring lots of Advil
:D

Ribs are very sore... I came down with a nasty head cold earlier this week... the sneezing and coughing was pure torture. :(

However, the cold is gone. I will rest up tonight and tomorrow night and plan to be 100% on Sunday! Hell, Q is playing and bringing it, so will I!!!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:raccoon:

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who's the troll? Me?

I started here a few days ago and I have 60-70 posts. Go read em and tell me if I'm adding things or just here to bring things down.

Wow.

All ive seen is you pop into the thread and argue how nothing matters and the eagles win. A week after the game youll be gone.

Trolling by definition.

Either way, i dont read enough to argue with you, sit at your desk and keep pounding away at your keyboard fanboy

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
All ive seen is you pop into the thread and argue how nothing matters and the eagles win. A week after the game youll be gone.

Trolling by definition.

Either way, i dont read enough to argue with you, sit at your desk and keep pounding away at your keyboard fanboy

Will do, Mr. 4,200 posts.

Skip my posts if it's easier for you. I'm having a good time interacting with the other knowledgeable Cardinals fans on the site.;)

Last edited:

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Will do, Mr. 4,200 posts.

Skip my posts if it's easier for you. I'm having a good time interacting with the other knowledgeable Cardinals fans on the site.;)
Don't worry about it. A lot of folks are going to get keyed up about things because of the game. There are a couple of Seahawks fans (SeaChicken, MigratingOsprey) that come here and banter just like you guys. Not ish talking, NOT TROLLING, just banter. IMO you, Dawkins, BCEagle & fredgarvin have made it entertaining around here this week.

Last edited:

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thanks. That is strange the way the media portrayed it - you would think that the string of unbroken sellouts would have been a front-running fact in those articles. Why do you think the stadium would sell out 32 straight games and then have trouble with a huge postseason game last week? It didn't sound like ticket prices were the issue and it took forever to get them sold.
I think much of it had to do with the media's portrayal of the Card's being one of the worst teams in the history of the playoffs. For the life of me I dont understand why Americans are so lazy and refuse to do their own research. The media is tremendously biased in everything they touch, whether it e politics, sports, anything.

Many fans heard it repeated over and over how Atlanta would spank us and they didn't want to waste their money. We were 2-4 over the last six. SO WHAT. The division was locked up, and the last few games meant nothing. Most Arizonans aren't as diehard as the peeps you will find on this board. Now that they have seen the team is for real I expect an even better turnout this week.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Random, I enjoyed reading the banter. You represent well. Hope we beat you. If not, I'd rather see the team that knocked us out of the playoffs win the Super Bowl than any AFC team.

Bad luck to you tomorrow and a pox on your team.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Random, I enjoyed reading the banter. You represent well. Hope we beat you. If not, I'd rather see the team that knocked us out of the playoffs win the Super Bowl than any AFC team.

We share the same opinion on that. To me it has always made sense to root for the one that beat you. Wouldn't you rather be beaten by the champ than by another also-ran?

Bad luck to you tomorrow and a pox on your team.

I was out of town yesterday and just got back for the game. Kickoff fast approaches.

I'll probably be back here regardless of the outcome. Here's to a clean game with no injuries.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the win.

Not happy, sure. But here to get blasted as I said I would be.

Your crowd showed up. Not much rattling on the Eagles but certainly helped your D get fired up.

Some shady no-calls killed 4 or 5 Eagles drives. Yeah, call me a bitter liar if you need to but that's what I saw. Hard to recover when the Eagles offense wasn't very consistent in the first place.

Still, the Cards outplayed the Eagles. No doubt. Congrats.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your crowd showed up. Not much rattling on the Eagles but certainly helped your D get fired up.

And isn't that what we said would happen on multiple posts? I'm sure I said that many times.

Our D FEEDS on the crowd. Somebody said "if they need the crowd to get pumped for an NFC title game, they have something wrong with them." LOL.

No, we KNOW our team...and we KNOW what the LOUDEST JOINT on the planet can give them. And that is now a berth in the SUPER BOWL!!!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Congrats on the win.

Not happy, sure. But here to get blasted as I said I would be.

Some shady no-calls killed 4 or 5 Eagles drives. Yeah, call me a bitter liar if you need to but that's what I saw. Hard to recover when the Eagles offense wasn't very consistent in the first place.

Still, the Cards outplayed the Eagles. No doubt. Congrats.

I don't like you, go back to the hole you crawled out of. Yeah, I'm being smug, but you don't need to keep spilling your shrouded ignorance.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

I'm sure you're including the putrid call on our pooch kick that was called out of bounds, but of course wasn't... Had that play been called properly or allowed to be reviewed, the game would've been over at the half...

;)

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm sure you're including the putrid call on our pooch kick that was called out of bounds, but of course wasn't... Had that play been called properly or allowed to be reviewed, the game would've been over at the half...

;)

Oh, jeez 82. Why let facts get in the way.
Not to mention the phantom defensive holding calls.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Yes but it was still a blown call because the ball didn't hit out of bounds.

But that's ok, if making excuses about the ref's makes you feel better about this loss, more power to you. Just so you know it's a LONG offseason.

Read that link. If it was a live ball and was challenged, they would have ruled that the ball hit the Eagle while the player was out of bounds. Thus, Eagle ball at the 40. It was a confusing series of events for sure, but the Cards actually came out on top with the play being ruled dead. No lost timeout and the Eagles actually lost a few yards.

I'm an Eagles fan. There are a very small number of days each year where we aren't pointing out the flaws in our team.

Kick us while we're down if you need to. This year I really reigned in any gloating during this insane and unlikely Eagles playoff berth and following string of wins. Never claimed that the Eagles would win, let alone crush any of the teams. Cautious optimism at best and the national media made me about as mad saying it was an instant win as they did for you by calling it an instant loss.

Just remember that I've felt this loss four times in eight years already. And the pain of a Super Bowl loss...that stings even more. Enjoy the win and good luck in the game.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Read that link. If it was a live ball and was challenged, they would have ruled that the ball hit the Eagle while the player was out of bounds. Thus, Eagle ball at the 40. It was a confusing series of events for sure, but the Cards actually came out on top with the play being ruled dead. No lost timeout and the Eagles actually lost a few yards.

From what I understood at the game, we couldn't challenge that call. That is what I think the ref called on the field. They ruled it HIT the player, but went out of bounds so we couldn't challenge that it did NOT go out of bounds. If we COULD have challenged, I'm 100 percent confident, from all the stadium views, that it would have been our ball because I don't think it hit out of bounds. But it did hit your guy, thus, the ball where it went out of bounds.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
From what I understood at the game, we couldn't challenge that call. That is what I think the ref called on the field. They ruled it HIT the player, but went out of bounds so we couldn't challenge that it did NOT go out of bounds. If we COULD have challenged, I'm 100 percent confident, from all the stadium views, that it would have been our ball because I don't think it hit out of bounds. But it did hit your guy, thus, the ball where it went out of bounds.

It was one of the oddball calls, for sure. I'm sure the refs will get an earful at their review meeting. They need to trim down that list of nonreviewable calls even more.

At least we didn't get one like last week where the refs let a team snap the ball and run an entire play to its close before declaring that the play never happened due to a timeout.

Last edited:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It was one of the oddball calls, for sure. I'm sure the refs will get an earful at their review meeting. They need to trim down that list of nonreviewable calls even more.

At least we didn't get one like last week where the refs let a team snap the ball and run an entire play to its close before declaring that the play never happened due to a timeout.

The play didn't even matter in the end result. Cards win, end of story, let God sort them out. Now you go away, see ya

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score

I just got to watch that play on TIVO over and over

its clear the Eagle touches the ball with his fingers on the way down prior to being in contact with the out of bounds line. The ball then hits in bounds.

What isnt clear is if the ball touches the player after the bounce when the player had a foot out of bounds. The ball looks like it could have grazed his forearm -- but it also doesnt really change direction, speed or spin.

It was either a recovered fumble, or Eagles possesion at the spot. It definately wasnt a penalty. In any event -- the call on the field, whatever it was, was going to stand because the video just isnt conclusive one way or another.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05