Dale Davis

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One of the issues that comes up in the proposed three way trade that sends Marion and KT (plus stuff) to get KG is how to deal with losing KT. The name that usually comes up is PJ Brown, but I think he will get more money than the Suns can offer.

I was wondering if Dale Davis has enough left in the tank for one last hurrah. He's 38 and didn't play much last season with the Pistons (446 minutes), but he might be a useful guy to have around. He's a physical low post defender and averaged 0.29 rebounds per minute.

Dale Davis
Detroit Pistons
Position: C-F
Height: 6-11 Weight: 252
College : Clemson
Player file | Team stats
2006-07 Statistics
PPG1.8
RPG3.0
APG.3
SPG.22
BPG.74
FG%.446
FT%.654
3P%.000
MPG10.1

Last edited:

cly2tw

Reaction score
If he couldn't get minuts with Pistons, I hardly could imagine him getting any min with us. But for min., why not?

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Hmm this got me to thinking, what about marcus banks +2nd rounder (and filler to make salaries match) for Nazr? Was he good on the inside defense? I remember he was very good on the spurs but those are vague memories (since I don't watch the spurs very much). I am sure the pistons want to get rid of him so they have salary to resign billups and go after maybe another big free agent.

If we lost both KT's 8 million and banks 4 million, nazr's contract wouldn't cost much (against the LT) and unlike banks he would at least contribute SOMETHING.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmm this got me to thinking, what about marcus banks +2nd rounder (and filler to make salaries match) for Nazr? Was he good on the inside defense? I remember he was very good on the spurs but those are vague memories (since I don't watch the spurs very much). I am sure the pistons want to get rid of him so they have salary to resign billups and go after maybe another big free agent.

If we lost both KT's 8 million and banks 4 million, nazr's contract wouldn't cost much (against the LT) and unlike banks he would at least contribute SOMETHING.

Our second rounder is reserved for Jared(sp) Jordan if he is still on the board.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Ah I see.

Anyway I looked at nazr, even though he is only 30 he is really declining fast. Scratch that idea.

HooverDam

Reaction score
The only reason I'd want Davis on the Suns is so I could scream "Zombie Dale Davis!" whenever he gets on the court

OP
OP
azirish

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Suns problem is simple. In a rotation without KT, their only backup inside guy is Diaw. Even assuming Diaw gets back to his 2005-06 status, he's just too small to defend the low post and he's a below average rebounder.

I'm looking for a guy who might be willing to sit most of the time but be strong enough to come in for special situations. Davis may not be ideal, but I think he makes more sense than relying on Burke.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake