Hill Interested in Suns

OP
OP
azirish

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Suns run that plus minus analysis on players and it was clear Banks time was a minus.

As for Banks' defense, it was agressive but he didn't have the rotations down, so it was not enough to offset his dreadful shooting and decision making.

I'm not giving up on Banks, but at the same time I don't think D'Antoni was being unfair either.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Since when did D'Antoni take defense into consideration for his bench minutes? If that was the case you would have seen Banks all season. On one hand you hear D'Antoni make comments about offensive inconsistency when starters went to the bench. I have heard that argument before. But we always got mixed messages from D'Antoni about bench minutes.

D'Antoni couldn't make up his mind what he wanted out of his bench. He clearly struggled in managing the bench. Even if we get Hill or some other decent bench players, D'Antoni clearly needs some sort of assistance manging his bench guys or just need to change his approach.
I agree to a certain point, but if what you said was entirely true, then James Jones would not have sniffed the floor all year. He got his minutes because he played well on the defensive end of the floor even though he couldn't throw the ball in the ocean for most of the year on offense.

I just don't see how he wouldn't play Grant Hill. Mike is known for loving his game, and his game is better suited for this system than a Jalen Rose is.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns run that plus minus analysis on players and it was clear Banks time was a minus.

As for Banks' defense, it was agressive but he didn't have the rotations down, so it was not enough to offset his dreadful shooting and decision making.

I'm not giving up on Banks, but at the same time I don't think D'Antoni was being unfair either.

I hear you. My only point was that you often heard D'Antoni speak about the offensive rotation. You didn't hear him talk about the defensive. Like I said, I am willing to see what D'Antoni does with the bench this next season before I jump on the fire D'Antoni bandwagon.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
So if we take account all the rumors that seem to hold some water, our lineup would be this

Nash/Delonte/Banks
Bell/ Barbosa
Camby/KT
Amare/Diaw
Hill/Jones

Hopefully a gerald green or ryan gomes sticks in there as well

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
So if we take account all the rumors that seem to hold some water, our lineup would be this

Nash/Delonte/Banks
Bell/ Barbosa
Camby/KT
Amare/Diaw
Hill/Jones

Hopefully a gerald green or ryan gomes sticks in there as well
That's how it would be. It will be interesting to see what direction they go in.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake