Dallas secondary is over rated

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The Cowboy's secondary is not very good and that is a fact. They do have a strong front D-line and very good LBs. If our excuse of an offensive line can give some time to MCCown- we can certainly win this game. One thing that scares me is Thompson their backup HB. We have a knack of making backups fantasy studs.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
and

please don't remind me of Roy Williams for those who want to stick up for the Crackboys secondary. Williams is a glorified LB at safety and can not cover. Adrian Wilson was far better last year at safety than Williams and yet didn't go to the pro-bowl.

coyotesareback

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Agreed I think if McCown is given time and with our receivers would could move the ball effectively. And if we could actually throw a few short dumps or screens to JJ he could break one. I think if the OC can use some creative plays instead of the damn draw we could actually get the ball moving pretty well... but I have yet to see it so here's hoping. Fitz and Boldin should have solid outings against their secondary provided McCown is not on his back too much.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Bi
Jetstream Green said:
The Cowboy's secondary is not very good and that is a fact. They do have a strong front D-line and very good LBs. If our excuse of an offensive line can give some time to MCCown- we can certainly win this game. One thing that scares me is Thompson their backup HB. We have a knack of making backups fantasy studs.

Anthony Henry is really good. The other 3 are 2 overrated + 1 unknown. I can probably name 15 safeties I would take over Williams.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
coyotesareback said:
And if we could actually throw a few short dumps or screens to JJ he could break one..

The cards actually have a better running game then screen passing game.

Our screen passes are awful. Olinemane wandering around in all different directions. The RB trying to get around everyone. The pass is usually high or low. Its just a mess.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
The cards actually have a better running game then screen passing game.

Our screen passes are awful. Olinemane wandering around in all different directions. The RB trying to get around everyone. The pass is usually high or low. Its just a mess.

Has been for years. I just dont get it! :shrug:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Which begs the question...

How come they're 4 & 3? (and one point and late game breakdown away from being 6 & 1)?

Earth to Kool-Aiders The matchups certainly give us a shot. But the 'Pokes are what they are (4 & 3) and we are what we are (2 & 4). This isn't totally by accident.

spanky1

Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
How come they're 4 & 3? (and one point and late game breakdown away from being 6 & 1)?

Earth to Kool-Aiders The matchups certainly give us a shot. But the 'Pokes are what they are (4 & 3) and we are what we are (2 & 4). This isn't totally by accident.

Jeff,

Much like us last year, the Cowboys have won alot of games this year by 3 points or less.......I'm not too sure their 4-3 record is as solid as it appears.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
Bi

Anthony Henry is really good. The other 3 are 2 overrated + 1 unknown. I can probably name 15 safeties I would take over Williams.

Anthony Henry IS good BD. You are right about that. I feel he's actually better that T. Neumann at this point. He's big and physical, and has jumped a few routes this year very nicely. Should be an interesting matchup. He'll probably be on Quan.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
phillycard said:
Anthony Henry IS good BD. You are right about that. I feel he's actually better that T. Neumann at this point. He's big and physical, and has jumped a few routes this year very nicely. Should be an interesting matchup. He'll probably be on Quan.

I would look for BJ and Fitz all game. I see them as the main components this game. They don't have a third corner that can cover BJ, unless they move Henry off to him, but either way we have a 3 Wide set that hey don't match up well with.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:

We're a hop skip and a couple of boneheaded plays away from bewing 4 & 2 ourselves. Just sayin, is all.

TheAnswer42

Bleeding Blue and Silver
Reaction score
phillycard said:

Henry is good. So is Newman. If you have seen all they Cowboys games, you know most passes go toward Henry's side of the field. That mean that Newman is blanketing his guy.

Newman does have a problem in that he bites too easily. A stop-route, for instance, will leave him 5-7 yards off of his guy. Most of the compleations to his guy were done with this method.

Aaron Glenn is decent, but there's a reason he's not the #1 or #2 CB. He makes too many stupid mistakes.

The main problem with our D is in zone. They can't play it. Roy is no covering saftey. He needs to be in the box. They go man-to-man and they can stop most plays.

TheAnswer42

Bleeding Blue and Silver
Reaction score
coyotesareback said:
Agreed I think if McCown is given time and with our receivers would could move the ball effectively. And if we could actually throw a few short dumps or screens to JJ he could break one. I think if the OC can use some creative plays instead of the damn draw we could actually get the ball moving pretty well... but I have yet to see it so here's hoping. Fitz and Boldin should have solid outings against their secondary provided McCown is not on his back too much.

You are correct there. McCown and Co. will eat us alive if we give him time. Lucky for us, your OL may be even worse than ours.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
TheAnswer42 said:
Henry is good. So is Newman. If you have seen all they Cowboys games, you know most passes go toward Henry's side of the field. That mean that Newman is blanketing his guy.

Newman does have a problem in that he bites too easily. A stop-route, for instance, will leave him 5-7 yards off of his guy. Most of the compleations to his guy were done with this method.

Aaron Glenn is decent, but there's a reason he's not the #1 or #2 CB. He makes too many stupid mistakes.

The main problem with our D is in zone. They can't play it. Roy is no covering saftey. He needs to be in the box. They go man-to-man and they can stop most plays.

T New, also gets turned around very easily. He has good make up speed though to hide that. Still a damd good CB.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Newman is like 5'11"......can't we get Fitz to exploit that with some Jump Balls??

Also, I've read that Henry is a little banged up......only a shoulder so I don't know how it would affect his coverage.

TheAnswer42

Bleeding Blue and Silver
Reaction score
phillycard said:
T New, also gets turned around very easily. He has good make up speed though to hide that. Still a damd good CB.

Yes, that is what I was trying to say. He can get thrown off his route very easily. He rights himself and makes the tackle very quickly, but if he were more heads-up, the play never would have happend in the first place.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05