Damp hasn't heard much from Phx

ma_falaa_50

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
we dnt really need another foul prone big man. Dampier is like a politician he is good evry 4 yrs.

Him an diop are not that impressive to me. Both are foul proned.shot diop may average 1 bpg but he only plays like 18 minutes per and averages like 3 fouls. dampier a little better but dampier for marion is so out of the question.

Dampier doesnt even have any offensive skills. all his points are off put bucks. the suns rarely miss much. The problem they have is grabbing defensive rebounds.

myrondizzo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
we dnt really need another foul prone big man. Dampier is like a politician he is good evry 4 yrs.

Him an diop are not that impressive to me. Both are foul proned.shot diop may average 1 bpg but he only plays like 18 minutes per and averages like 3 fouls. dampier a little better but dampier for marion is so out of the question.

Dampier doesnt even have any offensive skills. all his points are off put bucks. the suns rarely miss much. The problem they have is grabbing defensive rebounds.
I thought we needed a banger?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I thought we needed a banger?

and toughness...and heart...and hustle...and pride....and a good coach.

:doi:

Lorenzo

Reaction score

diop was a big part of the OT game 7 victory over SA last season. Both diop and damp do a lot of dirty work that goes unnoticed. damp gets a lot of heat because of his contract. but he does a lot for the mavs.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
diop was a big part of the OT game 7 victory over SA last season. Both diop and damp do a lot of dirty work that goes unnoticed. damp gets a lot of heat because of his contract. but he does a lot for the mavs.

Damp and Diop work well for the Mavs and the system they run. The Suns' system isn't built for big men like those two. Now, that could end up being the fatal flaw in the way the Suns are built, but who knows.

sunsfn

Reaction score
Diop and Dampier are different players. Diop can actually run and is active. Dampier is pretty much bolted down and his bad knees do not let him run much and he plays awkward because of it. At one time when Dampier was young I was very high on him and he had some great games, then along came the knee operations and then lockdown.
Diop would do well on the suns. He could give us a big that could block a few shots, rebound and get a few points. He is improving all the time.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Diop and Dampier are different players. Diop can actually run and is active. Dampier is pretty much bolted down and his bad knees do not let him run much and he plays awkward because of it. At one time when Dampier was young I was very high on him and he had some great games, then along came the knee operations and then lockdown.
Diop would do well on the suns. He could give us a big that could block a few shots, rebound and get a few points. He is improving all the time.
i agree with that. damp struggles with consistency. diop plays at one speed. damp is good for the mavs though. especially on the offensive and defensive glass.