Darius Robinson injured

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Chase Young is the epitome of a KeimTime signing
What player did Keim sign on a one year deal that hurt the Cardinals? I would love to hear this example?

And before you say Terrell Suggs, the only players he kept off the field were Cassius Marsh, Brooks Reed, and Dennis Gardeck. The stupidity of that deal was adding 2 mil of dead cap on the 2020 books which was the Keim staple.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I certainly wouldn’t trade draft capitol for another Ojulari….. So far being perpetually injured seems to be in their genes at this point.
I’d be ok flipping the 7th we just got for Cam, but probably not much more

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is either a disingenuous comment or an ignorant comment. You tell me which. Either you aren't aware we are (and have been) 30+ mil under the cap this year and like 80+ mil under next year or you are trolling.
My guess is that some money will be used on contract extensions. I know we extended Fro, but I don't know what the official 'under the CAP" number is, or where we stand for this year. Also, was under the impression that there is a CAP floor.

JohnnyCakes

Alpha Male
Reaction score
What player did Keim sign on a one year deal that hurt the Cardinals? I would love to hear this example?

And before you say Terrell Suggs, the only players he kept off the field were Cassius Marsh, Brooks Reed, and Dennis Gardeck. The stupidity of that deal was adding 2 mil of dead cap on the 2020 books which was the Keim staple.
Sean Weatherspoon

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sean Weatherspoon
LOL… signing someone to a 1 YEAR 4 MILLION DOLLAR contract hurt the Cardinals… during an offseason that led to us going 13-3. Yeah… that signing really hurt the team… en route to their best record ever.

I mean… I’m not sure if it’s even possible to come up with a worse example to answer that question.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is that some money will be used on contract extensions. I know we extended Fro, but I don't know what the official 'under the CAP" number is, or where we stand for this year. Also, was under the impression that there is a CAP floor.
The floor is based on a 3 year average for each team.

Also, so much cap space out there. It's odd.

You must be registered for see images attach

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Got a link for that?

Here's what I've read about him:

:shrug:
Yes. Preseason games.

I don't have a link. Go listen to the Cards Underground podcasts from before the preseason games started and they talk A LOT about the rookie class and how mid they looked.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I don’t want the Jordan Philips of EDGE rushers on this team. Whether a short or long term contract. Those names are #KeimTeim signings.
Superstar or scrub. No in-beteweens? Even when folks give you names, your tune is the same. It's almost like there are no other FA signings that would have pleased you. So, Monti is right by default. SMH

Stout

Reaction score
Ok - so you'd rather have none of them, even if it doesn't affect future flexibility, and none of them even have the potential to improve our room this year. Cool.

Can we also PLEASE stop calling anything you don't like a Keim move? It's been used and abused so much at this point to lose all meaning.
Forget it. Some are just entrenched in their opinions and nothing else could possibly be positive.

Stout

Reaction score
Keim signings were multi year contracts to overpriced vets who got in the way of young player development. This is none of those things.

(also let's not forget how Keim liked to spread cap hits over multiple years which consistently led to dead cap space but that had nothing to do with the player)
Shh! You're negating the cult of Monti!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So you equate "mid" to "sucked"?
I didn't realize there were so many attorneys on this board. Jeebus.

The franchise mouthpieces talking about how "quiet" Rabbit's camp had been to date should probably be discounted down. They're not going to write that a player is struggling, and this coaching staff certainly isn't going to say it. The rest of the Cards media is too captured to say anything either.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize there were so many attorneys on this board. Jeebus.

The franchise mouthpieces talking about how "quiet" Rabbit's camp had been to date should probably be discounted down. They're not going to write that a player is struggling, and this coaching staff certainly isn't going to say it. The rest of the Cards media is too captured to say anything either.
You said he "reportedly sucked". I had never heard this reported before, in fact I read that he was one of the bright spots from the draft class, so I asked whether you had a link to these "reports" so I could have a better understanding of what to expect from the rookie, since the only time I've seen him is a bit in the preseason games.

You then said that on podcasts the entire "rookie class" was described as "mid" - a favorite term of yours (and almost no one else's) on here. When I ask for clarification, I'm a "lawyer"... because that's the only alternative to your admitting that there were in fact no "reports" that he sucked, and that you had come to that conclusion on your own.

Jeebus, indeed!

So, please enlighten us... did the entire rookie class "reportedly suck"?

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You said he "reportedly sucked". I had never heard this reported before, in fact I read that he was one of the bright spots from the draft class, so I asked whether you had a link to these "reports" so I could have a better understanding of what to expect from the rookie, since the only time I've seen him is a bit in the preseason games.

You then said that on podcasts the entire "rookie class" was described as "mid" - a favorite term of yours (and almost no one else's) on here. When I ask for clarification, I'm a "lawyer"... because that's the only alternative to your admitting that there were in fact no "reports" that he sucked, and that you had come to that conclusion on your own.

Jeebus, indeed!

Well argued counselor.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keim signings were multi year contracts to overpriced vets who got in the way of young player development. This is none of those things.
I know what those 3 are at their stages. Those are 3 rather mediocre players that are proven liabilities rather than reliabilities. That is what a #KeimTeim signing is to me.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Jeebus, indeed!

I’ll remember this post as an all time classic. Nice job!

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Howard Balzer
@HBalzer721
·
3h

Jonathan Gannon wouldn't say if the decision was close on placing DL Darius Robinson on IR, but he did say, "We did what was best for the team and what was best for him."
So they could add a player who would have otherwise been cut or to protect their high investment going forward?

I’m not sure what it means exactly.