Darius Robinson injured

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So hope I’m wrong. Was so pumped to see his impact on the field. Our pass rush keeps getting weaker by the day. This D is about to get shredded.
Hope for the best and while I would hate to lose DRob, it doesn't mean that the defense will be shredded. Consider:
* The starters will be Jones, Nichols and Lopez.
* The pass rush will be in the hands of the OLB's. And, their performance/improvement will determine how good our Defense will be. No doubt, depth will take a big hit and we might miss out on a player who could be an elite player.

I have to remember from my business days when one of my fellow managers would tell the boss, "Bob, you're calling for crutches, before we even dianosege (Sp?) a leg injury."

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It hurts their individual development more than the team collectively. Now Robinson will be entering year two with no NFL game experience and Ojulari will be entering year three with little impact made plus multiple injuries. Is there anything to be excited about regarding the defense this season besides the young corners (Williams & Melton)?

So we have moved from an injury requiring 'imaging,' a fairly standard practice, to possibly having been carted off, to perhaps six weeks on the IR and now losing him for the season.

Give this thread another page, and we'll have amputation, sepsis and funeral arrangements being bandied about.

Last edited:

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So we have moved from an injury requiring 'imaging,' a fairly standard practice, to possibly having been carted off, to perhaps six weeks on the IR and now losing him for the season.

Give this thread another page, and we'll have funeral arrangements being bandied about.
Where and when was the funeral:)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Give this thread another page, and we'll have funeral arrangements being bandied about.
Why would you put this out in the universe? How long have you been a fan of this team? Any negative outcome is possible for this franchise.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I know it's bad news, but I don't think it ruins our season. You understand?
Ruins our season for a W/L perspective? Probably not; Robinson might have made the difference between one win and one loss his rookie season.

Ruins our season from a “watch the QB make omelets in the pocket on every third and long” perspective? Yeah probably because outside of Dante Stills there isn’t much else to provide interior pressure.

Roy Lopez is not an above-replacement level player.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This thread is ridiculous.

Even if he was out for the year it is not that big of a deal.

Aaron Donald just retired - considered one of the best DL of all time - does anyone think the Rams are going to miss the playoffs now? Get some perspective.

There is only one player on a team that will single handedly cause you to lose games - the QB.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Aaron Donald just retired - considered one of the best DL of all time - does anyone think the Rams are going to miss the playoffs now? Get some perspective.
They sure as hell can - the only reason they'll be considered is that nearly half the league makes the playoffs. If you think the best defensive player of all time doesn't make a difference, I don't know what to tell you.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

ADDENDUM: With one somewhat cryptic Tweet from the always reliable Mike the Wordsmith Jurecki, the relief posts set in.

Stay tuned for the next chapter of 'As the Cardinal Stomach Turns.'

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They sure as hell can - the only reason they'll be considered is that nearly half the league makes the playoffs. If you think the best defensive player of all time doesn't make a difference, I don't know what to tell you.
I didn't say he won't make a difference. I am saying if the margin for a teams success is that small, than the team isn't very good and they aren't going to win much anyway, because season long injuries are commonplace and will happen to every team.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I didn't say he won't make a difference. I am saying if the margin for a teams success is that small, than the team isn't very good and they aren't going to win much anyway, because season long injuries are commonplace and will happen to every team.
It's the NFL...the margins for any teams success are always going to be small, as it's one of the most competitive leagues top to bottom that exists. If you take the best player away from any team, (especially a historically good player!) it's likely to make an impact.