Darius Robinson injured

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to be a Debbie downer, but can a calf also mean Achilles injury? I hope it’s nothing serious!!

I'm not sure but the last major calf injury in the NFL that I remember happened to Joe Burrow last season. If I recall he missed all of the preseason but was able to start Week 1. However I think he tweaked it again in week 2.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Gotta be honest, this thread is a bit overboard for a non designated calf injury. Could just be a strain and out a couple of weeks.

Calf injuries are rarely season ending unless this is mis diagnosed and he's done an achilles or something.

It would be bad for DRob, but won't make a vast difference to the team.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta be honest, this thread is a bit overboard for a non designated calf injury. Could just be a strain and out a couple of weeks.

Calf injuries are rarely season ending unless this is mis diagnosed and he's done an achilles or something.

It would be bad for DRob, but won't make a vast difference to the team.

You obviously haven't been a Cardinal fan for very long. :stick:

Also Losing Robinson would be a massive blow to this defense.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm not sure but the last major calf injury in the NFL that I remember happened to Joe Burrow last season. If I recall he missed all of the preseason but was able to start Week 1. However I think he tweaked it again in week 2.
Burrow was able to start Week 1 but was a shell of himself until week 5, I dont think it was reinjured either. I dont care how much time Drob misses as long as its not season ending.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depending on the the grade of the calf injury Robinson is looking at 4 weeks - 3 months:

The three grades of muscle strain are:

Grade 1: The muscle is stretched causing some small micro tears in the muscle fibres. Recovery typically takes approximately two to four weeks if you do all the right things.

Grade 2: There is partial tearing of muscle fibres. Full recovery can take approximately four to eight weeks with good rehabilitation.

Grade 3: This is the most severe calf strain with a complete tearing or rupture of muscle fibres in the lower leg. Full recovery can take three to four months and, in some instances, surgery may be needed.