Darius Robinson injured

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds optimistic!

Head coach Jonathan Gannon said Tuesday that Robinson (calf) will increase his workload this week ahead of the Cardinals' Week 8 game against the Dolphins on Sunday, per PHNX Sports.

Robinson began the regular season on injured reserve due to a calf injury he sustained during the late stages of training camp. His 21-day practice window opened Oct. 9, meaning that he would have to miss the entire 2024 regular season if he's not activated off injured reserve by Oct. 30. Robinson was unable to practice leading up to Monday's game against the Chargers, and his practice participation this week will be worth monitoring ahead of Sunday's contest.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmmm. I was hoping for good things from this kid, but then I went back and looked at his college highlights. He made plays when only barely blocked or unblocked. I don't have high hopes for him on the NFL level, but we will see. I cannot see how he will be very effective playing DE in a 3-4 which is what the Cardinals seem to be running.

Ronin

Wut?
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Howard Balzer

@HBalzer721
·
1h

No surprises with players not on field at Cardinals portion of practice open to media. DL Darius Robinson not present. Looks like he'll be activated next week and then be inactive until ready to play. Confirmed there's no procedure to extend practice window for personal reasons

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm. I was hoping for good things from this kid, but then I went back and looked at his college highlights. He made plays when only barely blocked or unblocked. I don't have high hopes for him on the NFL level, but we will see. I cannot see how he will be very effective playing DE in a 3-4 which is what the Cardinals seem to be running.
its on the coaches to develop him.

JohnnyCakes

Alpha Male
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howard Balzer
@HBalzer721
·
1h

No surprises with players not on field at Cardinals portion of practice open to media. DL Darius Robinson not present. Looks like he'll be activated next week and then be inactive until ready to play. Confirmed there's no procedure to extend practice window for personal reasons
i dont get this, what is the point at this juncture. Just IR him already

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
i dont get this, what is the point at this juncture. Just IR him already
Strong disagree!

1. At this juncture we are still fully in the mix to win the NFCWest and make the playoffs.

2. Even if we do not make the playoffs....legit on field reps are crucial for the kid to develop.

3. This isn't a broken bone or surgically repaired ligament we are trying to protect. It's a muscle strain. Once he is ready to go the best way to prevent this injury in the future is to strengthen the muscles he uses to play. The best way to do that is by playing.

4. If we make the playoffs...this kid will just be hitting mid season form

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
He needs to start playing. Don't know how you sit out this long without a severe injury that didn't require any surgery.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
I have to wonder if his injury was truly a “calf strain”. I wouldn’t think it takes 6+ weeks to right itself. Now, if it’s a high ankle sprain, many guys have missed 6 weeks. However, I’m not a doctor.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

He needs to start playing. Don't know how you sit out this long without a severe injury that didn't require any surgery.
I apologize if you are a doctor or even if you played one on TV. But, how can you say play him IF you don't know his medical condition?

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have to wonder if his injury was truly a “calf strain”. I wouldn’t think it takes 6+ weeks to right itself. Now, if it’s a high ankle sprain, many guys have missed 6 weeks. However, I’m not a doctor.
I'm guessing he tweaked it again when he was ramping up his recovery. Put him back to square one and makes for a lengthy lay-off.

Rookie, desperate to impress and make his mark, inexperienced dealing with injuries. Perhaps pushed too hard too early.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan