Days 6, 7 of FA Thoughts

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, on Stanton. Add Carson Palmer to the the paycut pool. There is no way he warrants the #2 highest 2017 cap figure in the NFL.
I don't keep track of contracts (since it's not my money) but I vaguely recollect CP reworking his contract a year or 2 back. Si? No?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whole-heartedly agree, Mitch. I appreciate everything Carson Palmer has brought to the Cardinals, and I think you probably do also. However, IF Palmer is serious about pursuing the ring, he should be coming to the Cardinals and offering a pay cut!

The team has made several moves to clear some cap space, obviously with something in mind. Even prior to his becoming a Cardinal, Palmer remarked that he was well off enough financially to leave the NFL. He has made a GREAT deal more money since making that statement. Step up, Carson!

A pay cut to what end?

We have enough $$$ to play if there's someone worthwhile to spend on.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Im not bothered by the quiet. No activity also means we arent signing any bad contracts.

And that Bethel deal gets an A++. And that goes for Bethel for agreeing to it. Thats incredible. I understand his intention is to get paid elsewhere in FA next year, but all the same, thanks JB.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to see Josh McCown come back and be the backup. The guy is seasoned, doesn't overthrow EVERY receiver like Stanton, and is a GREAT presence in the locker room. Would also be great for mentoring a QBoF.
Wouldn't mind that at all at the right price. Better than Stanton.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have become smitten with Reddick and believe he will be another swiss army knife for our D. He has played with his hand in the dirt and can rush the passer very well. He has shown he can drop into coverage and has the speed to play at any LBer position.

My first pick would be Solomon Thomas but he won't be there.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
+1

I would love to see Josh McCown come back and be the backup. The guy is seasoned, doesn't overthrow EVERY receiver like Stanton, and is a GREAT presence in the locker room. Would also be great for mentoring a QBoF.

And, he threw Fitz his first NFL competition in 2004. How cool would it be if he could also throw him his last in 2017?

Rumor has it that the Cowboys are pursuing McCown to backup Prescott which makes sense

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky