Dbacks vs. Mets series thread

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Let's see if Webb can finally win his ninth tonight. It's in times like these that your ace must pick up the team.

Congrats to Melvin for getting Gonzalez out of the 4th spot in the order. Frankly, he should be batting 7th.

Exactamundo - but he's an icon here - so----he's 3rd.

He's got very little pop left. But I like Gonzo, as he's a consumate pro, but not a 3rd or 4th any more.

Green should be batting 4th probobly , but he's getting plenty of chances in the 6 hole.

Tracy - I don't have a problem with him there either. I went to the game on Friday and was happy to see him there (cleanup) - good move.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
devilalum said:
Theories:

• Grimsley was supplying players with HGH and they're all waiting for the hammer to fall.
  • The Curse of Ortiz:eek:
  • The lack of real piching talent finally caught up with them.
  • The lack of any real power in the lineup finally caught up with them.

Uhm - give some credit to NY as well.

Remember when we swept Atlanta - Oh yea it was like last week. We played well - remember.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Good time at the ballpark tonight. At least the beer was cold. :thumbup:

FinleyLover

Veteran
Reaction score
We were at the Grace's Place thing tonight. He kept coming and broadcasting in the row right in front of us for some reason. Anyway, he said that if there was another loss tonight, Grace's Place would stop- not sure if he's joking or not.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just maybe Ortiz can pitch a great game and the Diamondbacks beat Pedro and the Mets? That sure would be ironic.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Here we go..... Ortiz walks the first batter of the game which happens to be Jose Reyes. The same as giving up a leadoff double cause he's running

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3-0 already in the first. two of the runs are unearned.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Counsell thrown out at home. This team can't get a break. This has to be one of the worst weeks in Diamondback history. Lets get some runs!!!

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
I've had it with this *******. I'm no longer watching games in which Ortiz pitches in. He's absolutely hopeless

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with devil we need to somehow get rid of Ortiz he has to be the worst pitcher or close in majorleaguebaseball everytime he pitches you know were going to lose.... lets see if he gives up a grand slam here to top it off...

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
sigh 7-0 wow we cant do anything right now and Ortiz is just plain downright awful... not a good homestand :(

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Just embarrassing. Ortiz really does give you a feeling that you're gonna lose that day, and it shows. If he is back in the rotation after this, Melvin should be fired (then again, I think he should be fired anyways).

This team can't do anything right, which is amazing because for a while they couldn't do anything wrong.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
WildBB said:
Uhm - give some credit to NY as well.

Remember when we swept Atlanta - Oh yea it was like last week. We played well - remember.

Ya still think nothings wrong?!?!

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
green machine said:
Just embarrassing. Ortiz really does give you a feeling that you're gonna lose that day, and it shows. If he is back in the rotation after this, Melvin should be fired (then again, I think he should be fired anyways).

This team can't do anything right, which is amazing because for a while they couldn't do anything wrong.

If he starts again it may not be Melvin's call.

Its either Grimsley, Ortiz or a combination of both but someone totally crapped on the Dbacks parade.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I just got back from this trainwreck of a game. It's STILL going on! I left in the 6th inning, and it's the bottom of the 8th now. (Kinda strange leaving a game and watching the rest on TV.) Possibly the longest game ever, not to mention HORRIBLE.

The crowd was absolutely horrible and it felt like I was at a funeral. They wonder why nobody goes to the park anymore?

Last edited:

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
WastedFate said:
I just got back from this trainwreck of a game. It's STILL going on! I left in the 6th inning, and it's the bottom of the 8th now. (Kinda strange leaving a game and watching the rest on TV.) Possibly the longest game ever, not to mention HORRIBLE.

The crowd was absolutely horrible and it felt like I was at a funeral. They wonder why nobody goes to the park anymore?

Why would anyone want to watch Russ Ortiz pitch? Going in almost all Diamondback fans knew this game was going to be ugly. Ortiz is stealing money from this team. He has not earned his pay.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Zona90 said:
Why would anyone want to watch Russ Ortiz pitch? Going in almost all Diamondback fans knew this game was going to be ugly. Ortiz is stealing money from this team. He has not earned his pay.

The tickets were free, so that was a plus. Of course I had no idea that Ortiz was pitching when I received them 2 weeks ago. If I had known that, I probably would have said "no thanks!"

Possibly the most boring and depressing game that I have ever been to. ....When does the Suns season start again? :(

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan