Dbacks vs. Reds series thread

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Travel day today, Webb gets the start against Cinci's Eric Milton (2-1, 7.04 ERA in 4 starts) Friday.

Going for 8-0! :thumbup:

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
coyoteshockeyfan said:
Travel day today, Webb gets the start against Cinci's Eric Milton (2-1, 7.04 ERA in 4 starts) Friday.

Going for 8-0! :thumbup:

On his way to starting for the NL in the All-Star game. Webb for Cy Young!

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
:mad: :mad: :mad:

I'll be in Cincy for the weekend games, but won't be there to watch Cy Webb pitch tonight - - that's okay, just getting away from Indy on race weekend is good enough!

Sat: Juan Cruz (1-3, 5.61) -v- Aaron Harang (5-3, 3.82)

Sun: Enrique Gonzalez (0-0, 0.00) -v- Bronson Arroyo (6-2, 2.29)

**Vargas gets pushed back to Monday and Enrique makes his MLB debut**

Last edited:

Billexium

Reaction score
Finally the D'Backs are getting some respect! Peter "I love the east" Gammons said Brandon Webb was his pick "hands down" for CY Young in the NL so far. And this is interesting...
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/powerRankings
I can't believe Dayn Perry put the D'Backs ahead of the Yankees... he seems to love New York teams. So that says something. Third toughest schedule so far and they are 8 games over .500! Interesting fact on the Reds also... under .500 in May. This is an important road trip to solidify their place as a contender.

Stallion

Cats, Cards, Bax, Suns
Reaction score
Rough road trip, with the Reds and Mets. Winning either series will be tough, but Webby tonight gives us a great start!

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8 shut out innings for Webb, and he's been real impressive, getting out of a couple man on third with less than two out jams.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shawn Green gives the Dbacks a 3-0 lead in the 9th with a 2 run homer.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great start to the road trip. Keep it up!

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Not sure if any of of you just saw that but it looked like Cruz may have hurt himself on the last pitch of the 5th inning. Hopefully not..... Crap

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They're saying it's his pitching arm, that is not good news at all. He has been doing very well tonight.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
Not sure if any of of you just saw that but it looked like Cruz may have hurt himself on the last pitch of the 5th inning. Hopefully not..... Crap

I saw it. Looks like he overthrew...and hopefully it's just a strain.

Grace and Guvna are taking about him right now, going right to the clubhouse.

BTW--Shout out to the Guvna. I really like listening to him call a game.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
I saw it. Looks like he overthrew...and hopefully it's just a strain.

Grace and Guvna are taking about him right now, going right to the clubhouse.

BTW--Shout out to the Guvna. I really like listening to him call a game.

He winced right when the ball left his hand then took his glove off and walked to the clubhouse. Not good, he's starting to pitch more consistently. Guvna's good but I'm a Thom fan. I know you and some others don't like him but I think Thom and Grace are very good together

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
YESSSSSS! Cruz is pitchin in the 6th! That looked bad and it didn't make me feel any better when he went to the locker room

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cruz pitching the 6th so it looks like it's not serious. Let's hope that is the case.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
Guvna's good but I'm a Thom fan. I know you and some others don't like him but I think Thom and Grace are very good together

It's not so much Brennaman as I just don't really like this new brand of announcer all that much. I'm a Scully/Jack Buck guy. I like to hear the Color guy doing most of the work. I don't know....Thom has just gotten pretty preachy at times and I've just soured on him.

I do like Grace a lot though. Half the time I listen to the game on TV for Grace. Half the time on the radio for Guvna. And I forgot to mention Joe Sr.....that dude rocks.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
I can't say enough about this team.... They are so much fun to watch!! Hudson's bat is startin to come alive and it seems like the whole team is on a roll. 16 scoreless innings by Cy Webb and Cruz is unreal. Our bullpen is rested and improved with the addition of Julio.... Our defense might be the best MLB has ever seen. Another RBI for the Jeter of the West Coast- Counsell! GO DBACKS!

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
I can't say enough about this team.... They are so much fun to watch!! Hudson's bat is startin to come alive and it seems like the whole team is on a roll. 16 scoreless innings by Cy Webb and Cruz is unreal. Our bullpen is rested and improved with the addition of Julio.... Our defense might be the best MLB has ever seen. Another RBI for the Jeter of the West Coast- Counsell! GO DBACKS!

18. Never sell Cy Webb short. It's going to be impossible to beat Webb if he keeps getting the defense he is getting.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
It's not so much Brennaman as I just don't really like this new brand of announcer all that much. I'm a Scully/Jack Buck guy. I like to hear the Color guy doing most of the work. I don't know....Thom has just gotten pretty preachy at times and I've just soured on him.

I do like Grace a lot though. Half the time I listen to the game on TV for Grace. Half the time on the radio for Guvna. And I forgot to mention Joe Sr.....that dude rocks.

I'm so used to Thom and he has never gotten on my nerves. I watched baseball on TV when I was a kid but not on a regular basis like I do now since they came here when I was in high school. I'm 23 so I missed all the old time announcers that are still popular to this day. IMO, the worst all-time announcer for the Dbacks was Rod Allen, hands down. Thank God Capt. Obvious went to another team, I think the Pirates. Wow, he was bad

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan