Dbacks vs. Reds series thread

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
Rod Allen........Thank God Capt. Obvious went to another team, I think the Pirates. Wow, he was bad

Tigers actually. Speaking of the Tigers, what a job Leyland is doing.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
18. Never sell Cy Webb short. It's going to be impossible to beat Webb if he keeps getting the defense he is getting.

I meant 16 consecutive scorless innings by Webb and Cruz in back-to-back games. Webb hasn't allowed a run in 2 games, love that guy

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
Tigers actually. Speaking of the Tigers, what a job Leyland is doing.

Leyland is MOY at this point. Not a reach considering they have the best record in baseball but I would say he should get the award if they finish over .500.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Good job. Just keep throwing strikes Vizcaino.

I'd love to see what our bullpen ERA has been since the start of that last Home Stand.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Congrats to Hudson for hitting his first Diamondback homer. 7-0!!!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woo Hoo!
First Homer as a Dback for Hudson!

Great game by the staff!

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Enrique Gonzalez is looking very very good. The first swing against him went for a HR and he has been unreal ever since. IMO, it was good Freel got him for that HR because it probably got rid of his jitters and he calmed down. His fastball runs in the mid 90's and his control is looking great. His sinker is scary similar to Webbs. Lets hope he can continue this!

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And it turns out that Gonzalez's day is over, 6 innings, 1 ER, 3 hits, 1 walk. Impressive debut, now Julio comes on for the Dbacks with a 4-1 lead in the 7th.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Enrique done after 6 innings- gave up 3 H's, 1 BB, 4 K's, and gave up only 1 ER to the first batter of the game. He was very impressive and from what I saw, has the stuff to be a very good MLB pitcher. Throws hard and has control to go along with a sinker that will win him several games with our defense behind him. Julio on the mound now... LA is getting shelled so if our pen can close it out, we're looking at a 2.5 game lead! Unbelievable baseball, can't give these guys enough credit!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lyon has not been good this year. I would not be surprised if he is sent to Tucson pretty soon.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Zona90 said:
Lyon has not been good this year. I would not be surprised if he is sent to Tucson pretty soon.

What are you talking about? He was awesome up until the last couple weeks. Sent to Tucson? He's going to have his ups and downs, I'm sure he'll figure it out. Lets not get far-fetched

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zona90 said:
I could easily be wrong but I dont think he can be sent to Tucson without going through waivers.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
What are you talking about? He was awesome up until the last couple weeks. Sent to Tucson? He's going to have his ups and downs, I'm sure he'll figure it out. Lets not get far-fetched

What? Last year at this time he was doing great but this year he has not been awesome. The reason I said he could be sent to Tucson is because I highly doubt the Diamondbacks are going to keep Russ Ortiz in the minors. Also, the D'Backs are probably going to give Mulholland one more shot. This team is in need of a lefty but I don't think Mulholland is the answer. If those two come up then two guys will have to go down. Unless someone goes on the DL, I would think Enrique is one player going to Tucson. Coyoteshockeyfan brings up a good question about options. I wonder if anyone knows who has some options left and who doesn't?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Papa Grande in for the save. He strikes out the first guy. Big out.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Son of a B*tch! They blew a 4-1 lead with two innings to go. I know they took the series but they had this game won. I feel bad for Enrique.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
This time last year he was closing games so there's a big difference. Look at his numbers this year... He was excellent up until 2 weeks ago and has been shaky since. He is our setup man and there is no way he gets sent down, options or not. From April 3 thorough May 6 (14 innings), Lyon only gave up 5 hits and 2 earned runs. I'd call that awesome. ****, Valverde just blew it. Son of a b

Last edited:

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
I think the runs given up by Lyon and Jose are directly linked to the overuse of the bullpen. Still, that is no excuse we should have won this game. While Papa Grande has not blown too many saves this year (this was his second), his ERA is now above 5.

Enrique pitched very well, and was not shaken by the homer by the first batter he faced.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh - horrible ending to a great performance by Enrique

Stallion

Cats, Cards, Bax, Suns
Reaction score
Tough way to end the winning streak. Two 2-run HR's in the last 2 innings.

So it goes. Now we have to bounce back in a battle of 1st place teams. Too bad we won't get to face El Duque. :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan