Dbacks vs. Rockies Series Thread 4/11-4/13

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm still struggling with Young as the leadoff hitter, however, there really are not many other options. I think the D'backs lose a lot of RBI potential by having a 30 HR hitter in the leadoff spot. Plus, Young has not yet shown he can hit for average.

However, the White Sox have Swisher at leadoff so maybe there is a trend.

The only other lineup option in my mind is Drew, but he is more geared in the 2nd spot

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Someone else is going to need a new contract at this point

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
Gracie WTF? "Matt holliday is the best hitter in the NL" I'm sure Reynolds and Upton would disagree.

I love this beating they're giving the Rockies.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
I was worried about all the NL West games to start off the season. I figured with us being so young, we could be real inconsistant and we could fall behind pretty far. Well I could not have been more wrong, this team is hot to start the year and just looks amazing right now. If we can win 9 or 10 of these last 14 NL West games that would put us at 18-7/19-6 with a pretty solid lead in the west.

Overall though this team is just amazing me, they are just playing GREAT baseball and its a blast to watch. Now there is no way we can keep up this type of play (our EXPW% right now is over .820 which would be 130-32)....but it is scary to see what this team is capeable of.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It was a foul ball. Young wound up scoring anyways.

10-1 now, Upton with 4 RBIs.
Can someone explain this that saw the game? I know that Upton hit the three-run shot. Did he hit another one that was just foul and it got called back?

Great game by the DBacks again! Petit had the strikeout before those two runs in the ninth - too bad for him....

I was hoping for 2 of 3 this series. Let's go for the gravy tomorrow!

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It is just RIDICULOUS how good Upton is becoming....

I am terrified it will get to a point where we won't be abl to keep him....

Anyway we can lock him up right now into a 10 year deal worth 100 million??

seriously.. we need to do something like this NOW.....

Snoop06

Reaction score
Can someone explain this that saw the game? I know that Upton hit the three-run shot. Did he hit another one that was just foul and it got called back?

Great game by the DBacks again! Petit had the strikeout before those two runs in the ninth - too bad for him....

I was hoping for 2 of 3 this series. Let's go for the gravy tomorrow!

No, CY hit a ball down the line that got called back. He had already ran the bases and got back in the dugout before they called it back. Looked like a HR from where I was sitting :p

Upton had the 3 run shot and a sac fly.

I'm glad I chose this one to be my first of the season, hopefully every time I go I can see them play like that!

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The Dbacks have outscored the Rockies 38-10 in 5 games.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The acquisition of Haren is proving to be a steal, the D'backs sorely needed another groundball pitcher to complement Webb. His split finger is probably as nasty, if not more, than Schilling's

I still hope the best for Carlos Gonzalez, last I heard he was in contention for the startin CF job in Oakland, but I don't see him on the 25 man roster.

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
It is just RIDICULOUS how good Upton is becoming....

I am terrified it will get to a point where we won't be abl to keep him....

Anyway we can lock him up right now into a 10 year deal worth 100 million??

seriously.. we need to do something like this NOW.....

Agreed, may as well sign him to a contract too! There's no stopping Upton man!

Nash2Amare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My seats today, ftw!
For free too

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
Nice seats man! I would have loved to have seen the Upton HR from that angle. Love their Saturday blacks too, they should wear them more often IMO.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its nice to hear Brennaman call a Dbacks game again.

Not me. I'm thrilled that egomaniac is gone and wish I didn't have to listen to him on Fox games. I much prefer the booth we have now.

To me Brennaman is the baseball equivalent of Billy Packer.

Billy Packer calls a hoops game by telling us on every possession what the coach and players should do or need to be doing, not what is actually happening.

Brennaman's "first pitch swinging" ridicule when a player does that and makes an out, gags me. He never mentions it when the guy gets a hit.

Then he rambles on reading stats at the most inopportune moments. In many ways, he doesn't call the game; he calls the game he'd see if he was the manager of each team. Very arrogant and annoying.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure we've ever seen the DBacks playing better than they are right now. They look like a friggin' juggernaut.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No, CY hit a ball down the line that got called back. He had already ran the bases and got back in the dugout before they called it back. Looked like a HR from where I was sitting :p

Upton had the 3 run shot and a sac fly.

I'm glad I chose this one to be my first of the season, hopefully every time I go I can see them play like that!
Thanks for the explanation, Snoop.

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
I have to say, while it was neat to have Brennanman and Grace call the game like it was 2006 again, I like Sutton more now. He seems to like his job more than anyone I've heard.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a good start as the Rockies have two runs and still batting in the 1st.

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
Pretty average performance by Edgar so far, still keeping it within reach, 2-0 Rockies. Bats need to come alive though.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05