DC

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Anybody heard any scuttlebutt about a possible defensive coordinator?

OP
OP
BuckeyeCardinal

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Guesses?

I'm looking at rosters to at least come up with a short list.

The profile for the other hirings (sans Solomon) seems to be those 5 year experience type guys......Jerry Gray of the Bills.....Brett Maxie of the Niners.

Greg Robinson needs a job...haha.

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
This is the side that worries me the most.. we need some good coaches and great teachers for this young defense... I am not worried about the offensive side.. I think Green will run that side..
I keep reading that we cant find or get rejected by other teams tointerview their asst. coaches..
I hope that we get one soon, maybe someone from the four teams left..
I think also we can look at asst coaches from :
1. balitmore
2. tenn.
3. new england
4. Philly

there are some pretty good asst coaches there that might get the job done here. young and aggressive..

I read some where that we will be using 4-3, some 3-4 and 3-4-4
that is good.

go cards

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems all Green wants is a DB coach. Think any DC will be happy Green picks his assistants? We might get the waterboy to agree.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Originally posted by jrjbritt

I read some where that we will be using 4-3, some 3-4 and 3-4-4
that is good.

go cards

hate to be a smart ass (okay, no i don't), but what, exactly is the difference btwn a 4-3 and a 4-3-3?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by swd1974
Seems all Green wants is a DB coach. Think any DC will be happy Green picks his assistants? We might get the waterboy to agree.

I don't seem to remember McGinnis being the guy who hired the defensive assistants under Tobin.

I always thought the head coach made most of the coaching selections across the board rather than simply hire a DC and OC and let them pick the rest of the coaches for their side of the ball.

I can see why a HC candidate would not be real enamored with a situation where he couldn't pick his assistants, like what is rumored to happening in Buffalo, but not a coordinator.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Originally posted by az240zz
One has 7 players and the other has 10.

az240z

ahhh, the old "let's-only-play-7-defenders-defense" . . . forgot about that one!

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ouchie-Z-Clown
ahhh, the old "let's-only-play-7-defenders-defense" . . . forgot about that one!

It could possibly create a lot of confusion plus the other team might get over confident and not give 100% effort.

Hey, don't knock it until the team has had a chance to try it and prove that it doesn't work. Geez dude, it's only like...a coupla weeks since the season ended. Give it a chance before you start criticising it.

After all, it couldn't be any worse that what we saw last year .....could it?

:D

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Originally posted by swd1974

SWD, I said the same thing (sorta) on another thread. Even if Denny didn't hire him you as the DC could say "hey look at this guys credentials." before hiring someone else who may be under qualified or the HC's former "buddy" (PUN INTENDED!)

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by SunCityCarl
SWD, I said the same thing (sorta) on another thread. Even if Denny didn't hire him you as the DC could say "hey look at this guys credentials." before hiring someone else who may be under qualified or the HC's former "buddy" (PUN INTENDED!)

Couldn't be any worse than McGinnis, or was it Marmie, hiring Ron Milus. He sure had a great resume and did a terrific job in turning around the secondary. "You cover Terrell". "No you, I'm not going to be on ESPN getting burned for a TD". "To heck with it then, let's just let Owens stand over there by himself."